Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I would like to have seen more of an effort before the last.

Wolverhampton 7.20

Morning Chief 1pt @ 11/4 Stan James/Betpack

At the bottom of the weights with Phillip Robinson on board. Robinson has been at the track since his only other ride at the track at 4.20 to ride this. Adam Kirby is Cox's more regular rider and he is there on another horse. It looks suspicioous to me with a horse which is unexposed on it's third run.

Cheltenham 1.15

Theatrical Moment 1pt @ 7/1 Ladbrokes (GP)

2/6 over fences. Jonjo has had a decent start to the season with a good few winners and off 3lbs higher TM finished 6th in the William Hill at last seasons festival. His final run of the season came over 4 miles so thats over looked. The jockey has a 10% record from 20 rides at Cheltenham, not bad for an amateur. worth a shot at 7/1

bloody disaster. I hate 3m chases when yours falls out the back...it takes so long for the race to end its like torture :p

Paddy Power Gold Cup

Cheltenham 2.35

Mad Max 2pts ew @ 8/1 PP (1/4 Odds, 5 Places, GP)

Nicky Henderson is in fantastic form as usual. Mad Max has shown he's a very classy horse last season and while he's high in the weights, his jumping is sound and it's generally a very classy horse that wins this race. Barry Geraghty has reported very positively on the horses schooling and says he's ready to go. He's a big horse and so should be able to shoulder the weight without a problem. The only worry is obviously the younger more unexposed horses improving past him but I'm opposing Long Run on jumping grounds and the jockey is decent enough but this is a hugely competitive race and his price is short enough as it is.

He was a decent hurdler but clearly made for chasing and having stepped up to 2m4f at Aintree last term and winning, he showed that we will see the best of him over further than the 2m of the Arkle. He outran his odds that day at the festival and has a great chance for a horse so high in the handicap.

• Advertisement

Cheltenham 1.55

Razor Royale 1pt ew @ 12/1 PP (1/4 Odds, 4 Places, GP)

Very nice chaser who I followed all last year except on his Boylesports win. Think he'll make into a better animal this year and gets a good start here at a track he enjoys. NTDs record at this meeting is particularly good over the years and his horse tend to turn up very fit. He's been dropped 3lbs since pulling up at the festival and running a respectable race in the Scottish National. He's been given a chance by the handicapper and I expect him to put in a good performance under favourable conditions

Cheltenham 1.55

Zacharova .5pts ew @ 33/1 Ladbrokes (GP)

Back off a decent mark because he totally failed to fire last season bar a decent run when staying on very well at Cheltenham over a furlong further in April. He had won that particular race the year previous and therefore seems to have a penchant for Cheltenham. He raced lazily and disinterested all last season apart from that race when Williams stuck a pair of blinkers on the horse. For most of the race though he still ran without enthusiasm and didn't jump particularly well. He was a massive price of 33/1 earlier and if I can get that tomorrow or read something positive from connections I might back him. Otherwise its just too big a risk in a very competitive race.

Cheltenham 1.20

Berties Dream 1pt @ 9/2 PP (GP)

Getting around 5lbs from Wayward Prince and having acquitted himself well at Galway on his chasing debut I think he has a very good chance here. Its a competitive field and the difference could be the fact that Berties Dream didn't win that race that Jessies Dream won; another RSA contender. He's shown himself to be under appreciated when sent off 33/1 for the Albert Bartlett last season and while Wayward Prince is a horse I hold in high esteem, Berties Dream has winning Cheltenham festival form and comes here off the back of a good run (with good jumping) without a penalty and is double the price of the favorite. Its a very competitive race and as always with novices jumping will seal the deal for most. Chicago Grey has an extra 2lbs on Wayward as does Balthazars and Billie Magern. I like all these horses but the weight makes it easier to decide who to side with today

Wetherby 2.55

European Dream 1pt @ 9/2 Bet365 (GP)

Richard Fahey saddles European Dream here who looks well treated after a weak campaign last season. He should be sharpened up after a run on the flat and the horse has two CD wins to his name. Last years winner - Fushe Joe was 4 places in behind European Dream in the Totesport Trophy at Newbury so the selection has enough ability to take a race of this nature. He's dropped in the handicap around 10lbs since contesting much tougher races last term (totesport trophy) and drops back in class here for his new trainer should see him outclass these competitiors. 9/2 is a very decent price - if even a little suspicious but I'm not going to second guess the confidence behind him

Its hard not to be even slightly superstitious in this game...I bought the paper today and for what ever reason I always bomb out when I buy the paper. Don't know why but its a recurring theme. Hopefully it won't persist. I might burn it before the first race :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nulty wrote: »
    Its hard not to be even slightly superstitious in this game...I bought the paper today and for what ever reason I always bomb out when I buy the paper. Don't know why but its a recurring theme. Hopefully it won't persist. I might burn it before the first race :D

I do better :pac: Gonna boom down to Celtic now,make my millions. Hope Mad Max dead heats with Long Run so we both win.

greetings wrote: »
    I do better :pac: Gonna boom down to Celtic now,make my millions. Hope Mad Max dead heats with Long Run so we both win.

Pyro wouldn't argue with that either.

Lingfield 1.00

Bookiesindex Girl 1pt @ 43/1 32red.com

Can't quite believe this price. He's 54/1 on betfair and his trainer has been in really good form lately. He's also got a 25pt lsp for horses coming off a 90+ day layoff on the polytrack. Not altogether awfully drawn and though there is some front runners here he is 1-1 at course and distance. Very tentative but price is too big to ignore.

Bookiesindex faded tamely...worth a shot though

I just chucked it in the recycling bin :mad::D

That only got me a place in the Paddy Power. Never buying the paper again on a betting day! Just read it in the bookies/shop!

Bank: +27.97

More than 200 bets into the log and heres the highlights:

Winners
    21.Midday| 1st| 1 Win| 9/4| | -28.25|
    28.Pachattack| 1st| 1 Win| 5/1| | -32.25|
    29.Hen Night| 1st| 1 Win| 10/1| | -22.25|
    40.Jet Away| 1st| 3 Win| 9/4| | -26.5|
    45.Beethoven| 1st| 2 Win| 2/1| | -33|
    48.Damika| 1st| 1 ew| 20/1| | -8|
    51.Makfi| 1st| 1 ew| 9/1| | -7.75|
    76.Dhan Dhana | 1st| 2 Win| 7/1| | -37.25|
    81.Markab | 1st| 2 ew| 16/1| | -2.25|
    82.Titus Mills | 1st| -| 2.97| 1 RFC| -2.25|
    82.Big Issue | 2nd| -| -| | -1.28|
    92.Sans Frontiers | 1st| 4 Win| 9/4| | +0.22|
    103.Redwood | 1st| 2 Win| 3/1| | +1.72|
    107.Excellent Guest| 1st| .5 ew| 22/1| | +13.75|
    118.Mantoba| 1st| 1 Win| 6/1| | +23.6|
    124.Resurge | 1st| 1 Win| 3/1| | +19.1|
    159.Aaim To Prosper | 1st| 1 Win| 22/1| | +0.8|
    165.Motrice | 2nd| -| | .5 RFC| -|
    165.Tastahil | 1st| -| | | -5.2|
    166.Joshua Tree | 1st| .5pts| 7/1| | -1.7|
    170.Freddies Girl| 1st| 1 Win| 9/1| | +4.8
    174.Invincible Ash| 1st| 1 Win| 8/1| | +10.8
    176.Casamento| 1st| 2 Win| 100/30| | +15.47
    181.South Cape| 1st| 3 Win| 13/2| | +22.97
    183.Brick Red| 1st| 4 Win| 6/1| | +44.97
    189.Queen Of Cash | 1st| 1 Win| 4/1| | +45.97
    198.Ovthenight | 1st| 1 Win| 7/1| | +32.97

Big Prices
    (10/1 +)
    18.Webbow| 3rd| 3 ew| 12/1| | -28|
    48.Damika| 1st| 1 ew| 20/1| | -8|
    78.Zefooha | 2nd| 2 ew| 10/1| | -36.25|
    81.Markab | 1st| 2 ew| 16/1| | -2.25|
    86.Ancient Cross | 3rd| 1 ew| 18/1| | -2.78|
    89.Imperial Guest | 2nd| 1 ew| 16/1| | -3.78|
    93.Himalya | 3rd| 1 ew| 25/1| | +5.47|
    97.Mastership | 3rd| 1 ew| 33/1| | +6.72|
    107.Excellent Guest| 1st| .5 ew| 22/1| | +13.75|
    111.Swift Gift| 5th| 1 ew| 33/1| | +13|
    112.Imperial Guest| 3rd| 1 ew| 25/1| | +18.25|
    115.Berbice| 3rd| 1 ew| 25/1| | +22.6|
    134.Pintura | 2nd| 1 ew| 16/1| | -13.4|
    153.Shavansky | 4th| 2 ew| 25/1| | -18.9|
    155.Imperial Guest | 4th| 1 ew| 14/1| | -18.4|
    159.Aaim To Prosper | 1st| 1 Win| 22/1| | +0.8|

Lawl.I hate waiting around to drink,wish time would hurry up.

Lawl.I hate waiting around to drink,wish time would hurry up.

I don't know what your talking bout half of the time! I was drinking since the first race on Saturday.

I don't know what your talking bout half of the time! I was drinking since the first race on Saturday.

I've been on the beer for most of the weekend, had a nice time watching the racing Friday with 2 euro pints of Beamish,can't go too wrong.

Nulty I hope you followed the tracker today...

Cheltenham 4.00

Cucumber Run 1pt @ 4/1 Stan James/Betpack (GP)

In my tracker and just about all the fecking horses in my traker have been winning. Ghizao who I don't think I could have backed this afternoon went and won.

• Advertisement

:mad::mad:

Askanna won @ 6/1 at 12.35 and forgot - in the tracker. Only woke up at 1.30. :(

Cheltenham 3.30

Champion Court 2pts @ 6/1 Ladbrokes (GP)

Has acquitted himself well up to now, carried a penalty in his last race and was not disgraced. Decent price even though I missed the 8/1+ earlier

Nulty I hope you followed the tracker today...

Nope, missed Ghizao @ 5/1 13/2 and Askanna at 6/1:(

The only others that run today in my tracker are Cucumber Run and Champion
    Court

EDIT
    Oh wait, I have Mississippi River at Cork in there as well but he's around 4/7 afaik

Heres the horses from my tracker that ran/run this weekend
    Runner Update

Iain , you requested to be informed about the following runners:
    Little Josh (IRE)

declared to run at Cheltenham on Saturday 13th Nov

Ghizao (GER)

declared to run at Cheltenham on Sunday 14th Nov

Pena Dorada (IRE)

declared to run at Cheltenham on Saturday 13th Nov

Zaidpour (FR)

entered at Punchestown on Saturday 13th Nov
    10 OCT 2010 – TRF - Bumpers to watch Williw Mullins last year but never made it to the track. He was quoted as saying he'd win the supreme last year...?

Askanna (IRE)

entered at Punchestown on Sunday 14th Nov
    10 OCT 2010 – TRF - Bumpers to watch Took a 2 1/2m winners hurdle at Gowran today at 4/1 despite idling after the last. She's 2/2 over hurdles, 3/3 under rules and 5/5 lifetime now - will be disappointed if she's not competitive in those Graded mares hurdles this winter.

Cucumber Run (IRE)

Shammick Boy (IRE)

declared to run at Uttoxeter on Saturday 13th Nov
    25 OCT 2010 – 3rd in Cucumber Runs Bumper win

Champion Court (IRE)

10 OCT 2010 – TRF - Bumpers to watch I am told he's going the right way (did 2 sparkling bits over the last two weeks) and looks to be a bit special so he should be winning more than his fair share of races.

Mississippi River (IRE)

entered at Cork on Sunday 14th Nov
    10 AUG 2010 – Promising on debut but bad ride given
    10 AUG 2010 – Promising on debut but bad ride given

Little Josh (IRE) Won at 20/1
    Ghizao (GER) Won at 13/2
    Pena Dorada (IRE) Lost
    Zaidpour (FR) Won at 8/11 or something
    Askanna (IRE) Won at 6/1
    Cucumber Run (IRE) Lost
    Shammick Boy (IRE) Lost
    Champion Court (IRE) Won at 5/1
    Mississippi River (IRE) Won @ 2/5

Nice winner today,good thing you followed a bit of the tracker anyway.

Yeah but think of what could have been :p

Bank: +38.97

Wolverhampton 4.10

Lewyn 1pt ew @ 25/1 VC (GP)

Extremely hard to know what makes him tick but Lewyn has a very good record at Wolverhampton with 4 wins in 7 runs. That accounts for all his carer victories and this is his first visit back to the track since his last win in April. He has a relatively decent amount of pace for an 80 rated horse and is back off the mark that he won at last time. He's put a couple of stinkers in at the track though so I'm not going to bet him heavily but he looks a stand out bet if he can regain the form of earlier in the year. He's not the most likely winner because of his last of form but the price and revisiting his stomping ground makes him a definite bet.

Hennessy Ante-Post (Assuming Kauto runs)

Neptune Collonges 1pt @ 16/1 Lads

Seriously good horse before his injury and placed twice in Gold Cups. Tendon injury has kept him out but returned to training this year and the Hennessy has been the plan from the beginning. Its hard to get a horse back from these sort of problems in the long run but very possible to get one good run out of them. See Taranis, who is owned by the same connections, that won a G2 chase after nearly 3 years off the course last season and is entered in this race. Nicholls can get them back for one and will not run them if they don't have a winnig chance. He's been given a 10lbs advance by the handicapper for his 600+ days off and if Kauto runs he'll be one of three horses in the handicap.

This bet counts on two things - Kauto running and obviously Neptune running. 16/1 looks a decet price but not my only bet in the race. More will unfold in the days ahead as running plan become apparent.

Kauto doesn't go,did you place the bet?

Yeah, bet is on.

Not to worry, still very well handicapped if he turns up.

• Advertisement

Southwell 12.20

Lujiana 1pt ew @ 22/1 Stan James/BetPack (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, GP)

She'll need a career best effort to win here but his record at the track is very good. No worries about her break as she has won at the track after a lay off 2 months before. She steps up to 6f now which might well have been suggested by todays jockey Joe Fanning. He's ridden the horse three times winning twice and placing the other all at Southwell. Not too badly drawn she has poor turf form to overcome but back at Southwell she can be a different horse.

Advertisement