Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Southwell 3.20

Astrodonna 2pts @ 11/1 Stan James/Betpack (GP)

Mark Tompkins was saying how this horse improved markably for a soft surface and that he believed that there was more to com. The horse was then run in an international apprentice racing in which he wasn't given a brilliant ride. It was good ground and the horse travelled into the race brilliantly but the race got away from the apprentice with him tucked in behind. He didn't find much but I reckon is worth a bet on the slow fibersand at Southwell. He'll be held up and there is an abundance of prominant runners in this field so the race will not lack for pace. The double win rider Ashley Morgan is back on and Mark Tompkins has had a coule of winners at the track in the past fortnight, one was ridden by Morgan.

Bank: +36.97

before tomorrows runners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Astrodanna 18.5 (to win ) on betfair and 5.3 for a place.....slightly better

Stickin a few quid on the place

Thanks, I'm well aware of Betfair.

looking at the 3.20 again, Club Tahiti is a big worry/danger. First time on fibresand but sired by Hernando. Run before last was a good effort in a class 4 on soft at Nottingham. Tempted to have a saver...

• Advertisement

Bank: +32.97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Nulty wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm well aware of Betfair.

Was just pointing out that there were better odds available than what you posted, will know better the next time

Was just pointing out that there were better odds available than what you posted, will know better the next time

I didn't mean it in a bad way! I take exchange prices sometimes but the log is settled to bookmakers prices.

Havent looked at the times of the 3.20 but either it wasn't run very fast or the two I picked don't go on fibersand...

Lingfield 1.20

Night Witch 2pt @ 13/2 SkyBet

Ran a good race last time although he weakened in the final furlong. He has a very good claimer on borad today in Julie Burke. She along with Nor Looby are well worth their 7lbs and are worth watching what their riding. Burke has won 3 of her four races at Lingfield. He got a decent draw and runs 8lbs lighter than last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Unlucky,third. Poor flat racing this time of year.

• Advertisement

Not really unlucky, maybe is Julie Burke was pushing/more animated some more could have come but she got him running and he wasn't good enough on the day. Unlucky for my bank balance.

Wolverhampton 4.40

Sir Geoffrey 1pts ew @ 12/1 SkyBet

The nichols camp haven't been in brilliant winning orm of late but have on on the boards in the past two weeks. This horse has its first start for Nicholls after leaving Jeremy Glovers yard and Nichols tends to be rather shrewd with these new comers. What drew me to this horse is the form of his last aw race. Beaten by Piscean at Kempton who went and won NTO at Lingfield, 2nd Sutton Veny won NTO at Kempton, 3rd Fair Passion finished 2nd NTO, and 5th Anne Of Kiev won NTO at Lingfield. The form stacks up nicely although Sir Geoffrey disappointed on his next start at Nottingham, that can be forgiven due to track bias and he seems to me to be better on the allweather. Hes got a course and distance win to his name and drawn stall 4 must have a good chance if Nichols can get him right. Competitive race and tough to find the winner but Sir Geoffrey is probably the value.

Might press up when other prices become available

---Pressing Up---

Sir Geoffrey
    1pts ew @ 14/1 Paddy Power (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, GP)

Best price 10/1. I've been debating all morning to get on Cape Royal each way in the same race.

Nice winner Nulty. Both of us make something anyway,pity I didn't put it in the log. I've been ignoring it lately,really seemed to have jinxed my luck.

Cheers greets. Watched it in the bookies across the road and was ****ting myself your lad was gonna do me :D

Haha,I thought at one stage he was going to. I was even going to do a 2 euro reverse exacta on it. Bullin I didn't. :pac:

Result was settled to 1/5 Odds because of withdrawals

Bank: +62.17

Bank looking nice now Iain. Lawl.

greetings wrote: »
    Bank looking nice now Iain. Lawl.

Bank is looking nice now David. Lawl

Not sure I'm comfortable with these first name terms...:pac:

Bank is looking nice now David. Lawl

Not sure I'm comfortable with these first name terms...:pac:

Where'd ya see my name :pac:

• Advertisement

Where'd ya see my name :pac:

...Lawl...

...Lawl...

Oh how mysterious.lawlawlawlawlawlawlawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

id assume fantasy league...;)

coughlan08 wrote: »

:mad:

GTFO coughlan :pac:

Also winking has been banned in this thread : NO WINKING!

coughlan08 wrote: »
    :mad:

GTFO coughlan :pac:

Also winking has been banned in this thread : NO WINKING!

I had forgotten about that. Am I dead last by any chance? :pac: ;)

I had forgotten about that. Am I dead last by any chance? :pac: ;)

Second last :p

Second last :p

Haha I feel for whoever is last. :pac:
    Ahhh can't wait for about 9,the beer shall be flowing.

Haha I feel for whoever is last. :pac:
    Ahhh can't wait for about 9,the beer shall be flowing.

You coming to the Hattons Grace meet? You should, it'll be a lawl.

You coming to the Hattons Grace meet? You should, it'll be a lawl.

Can't man repeatin the leavin,dropped outta college. No bean and the aul mare wouldn't be pleased. She's such a lawl block.

• Advertisement

Wolerhampton

1pt on all selections

Bushy Dell @ 14/1 Corals

Nice draw in 1 and Gannon and Feilden go well together at 17%. Horse goes on poly and decent price with form better than it looks.

Duke of Rainford @ 10/1 Will Hill

Hasn't gone up much since last win 3 starts back. Won at the track and effectively under last winning weight and drawn well in 5

Tominator @ 6/1 Lads

Looks like coming back to form after lay off and trying to get the front two beaten Tom9inator is drawn 2, many of these have lost the will to win.

Advertisement