Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Hong Kong Cup

Sha Tin 8.30

Glass Harmonium 1pt ew @ 33/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

Redwood gets the each way money finishing 2nd.

I've backed Rocket Man twice including tonight and twice hee been beaten.

Nulty wrote: »
    Hong Kong Cup

Sha Tin 8.30

Glass Harmonium 1pt ew @ 33/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

Glass Harmonium .5 pts ew @ 100/1

Glass Harmonium second last but only 3 lengths down. Never good enough

King George vi Chase Ante Post

Kauto Star 5pts @ Evens (Victor Chandler)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Hi Nulty, I was also thinking of backing Kauto Star ante-post, but before I do, do you reckon that he'll be much shorter on the day or should I grab evens while I can get it?

• Advertisement

Yeah stevo, On all known evidence and form I have to accept that evens is a good price for him provided he runs. Hes more likely to win than he is to lose. He is certain to be 8/11 on thee day. Its tradition at this stage for people to back him on the 26th and after last years display hes odds on to be odds on

Southwell 1.55

Street Devil .5pts ew @ 22/1 VC

Bank: 66.6

Fairyhouse

12.20 Carloswayback @11/2
    12.50 Hurricane Fly @ 11/4
    1.55 Glencove Marina @ 8/1
    2.30 Jessies Dream @ 9/2
    3.00 Kempes @ 11/1

10x.05pt Each way Doubles

4.5pts profit from the multiples.

Kempes was half a length from landing my on-course exacta of Golden Silver - Kempes. Really like that horse. Backed Asigh Pearl ew on course too at 20/1 so its been a brilliant day.

Bank: 71.1

EDIT

Miscalculation of points...9pts profit

Bank: 75.6

Bank: 66.6

Fairyhouse

12.20 Carloswayback @11/2
    12.50 Hurricane Fly @ 11/4
    1.55 Glencove Marina @ 8/1
    2.30 Jessies Dream @ 9/2
    3.00 Kempes @ 11/1

10x.05pt Each way Doubles

Just noticed now that I typed in .05pts instead of 0.5pts...typo

Wolverhampton 3.15

Whispering Spirit 3pts @ 5/1 Lads

Still clear of the handicapper as shown in his last race when only 1/4 of a length down from the equally well handicapped Norman Orpen. He hasn't got a penalty of his 2nd yet and Requisite (3rd) ran creditably yesteerday filling a place position. CD record is greatt and another good effort is in the making with Amy Ryan taking 3lbs off. Shes won on the horse twice before.

• Advertisement

Ugh, gave me shivers watch him. Hes better than that

Southwell 2.40

Seek The Fair Land 1pt ew @ 13/2 VC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hey Nulty are Lads still NRNB on Cheltenham do you know? Thinking of starting an ante post thread.

Lingfield 2.35

Billy Red 1pt @ 9/1 VC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

ninja edit..;)

dont have any bet here but rapid water 10/1 stands a big chance here imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

there was no beating the fav there,big win especially after a 4lb rise.
    unlucky

It was edited, I posted here first, then he moved from 8s to 9s when putting my bet on.

The draw did Billy Red no favours but cant complain. Winner did it very well

Kempton 6.55

Kipchak 1pt @ 8/1 VC (1/5 Odds, 3 Places)

Decent sort at this level on his day and seems to be coming back to form last two starts. He off a relatively good mark and can give a good account. Place money expected, hoping for better from a draw that is not too bad at all.

Bank: 67.6

Wanted to go ew on Kipchak but changed my mind with only 1pt in my account with VC and wasn't bothered topping up.

Leopardstown 1.25

Healys Bar 1pt ew @ 18/1 VC

144 rated hurdler at one stage and rarely out of the first three. He ran an odd race last time beaten 60+ lengths by Thegreatjohnbrowne but got an awful start and lost most hope of winning. His run behind Noble Prince over 16f before that showed a good deal of potential and his hurdling days have shown he stays 3m and acts on heavy ground. Hes drifted to his current price which is a bit of a woorry but not as bad as a drift 5 mins before the off. Definitely worth a speculative point ew. Another draw back is that the trainer is likely to have incurred asetbacks due to the weather unless he has alternative facilities available but its hard to know what will be fit after the past 3 weeks

• Advertisement

Leopardstown 2.35

Notre Pere 1pt ew @ 20/1 VC

Mud lover and dour stayer. If racing goes ahead it will be a stiff test even for Leopardstown. There were problems at the Dreaper yard last year and Notre Peres form suffered as a consequence but things are better there apparently and NP has put in decent efforts lately. The ground will be key to his chances and while the trip might be a little too short in normal circumstances, the other contenders will have to run on the same turf. Others like Joncol will have no issue with the ground but are priced up near favoritism. with the weaather the way its been for the past mo0nth its definitely worth taking on short priced horses from stables that aren't firing. Pandorama falls into this bracket too.

Cheltenham Gold Cup Ante Post

Pandorama 2pt ew @ 33/1 VC (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

Going for a nice build up through a second-season chase this weekend at Down Royal and then taking on the Hennessey field that is likely to include Denman and Kauto Star. He'll get a nice weight in that if either of them start. He will need to get some sort of cut come March but in my opinion he is the most likely challenger to the old guard. He's got an incredible record of only two defeats in an 11 race careers. His only beating was at the hands of Mikael D'Haganauet who could be the best novice in training. That was over 2m4f hurdle and Pandorama will be better over fences at staying distances. His one try over 3m resulted in the defeat of runaway RSA winner Weapons Amnesty. That form looks under valued and depending on his trainers plans 33/1 looks a very nice price for a very promising horse ready to take on the established Gold Cup standards.

Negs
    Ground
    Guaranteed start
    I'm pressing up. Its risky but the price is too big.

Cheltenham Gold Cup Ante Post

Pandorama 1pt ew @ 50/1 VC (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)
    Pandorama 5pts ew @ 50/1 VC (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)

I got a price for Pandorama from Ladbrokes for 50/1 NRNB and I ploughed into it again. His form in beating Weapons Amnesty is still just too good to ignore and I think the stiff 3m2f will be ideal. I reackon he'll either do enough between now and March to earn a place at Cheltenham or he won't and its a refund. Offer is too good to refuse.

Mixed emotions.

Notre Pere will never feature in this thread again unnless he drops about 10lbs+ before the Grand National.

Pandorama is as good ass we thought. Can he do it at Cheeltenham though?

Bank: 63.6

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Pandorama is as good ass we thought. Can he do it at Cheeltenham though?

Yes, I think so. Lumped on at 20's there. You've got a seriously class price, well done Sir. Plus you've been proven very right about the horse, he looks pure class.

I'm going to church now to pray for lots of rain on GC day.

That last bet - 5pts ew - was actually with Ladbrokes. I just forgot to change the bookies name afteer a copy&paste job.

Doesn't matter now - they won't be offering that again!

@Pyro

Cheltenham is a different kettle of fish as you know though. Not entirely sure how he'll handle it and then theres the ground concerns...Can't complain though with the price I've got!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That last bet - 5pts ew - was actually with Ladbrokes. I just forgot to change the bookies name afteer a copy&paste job.

Doesn't matter now - they won't be offering that again!

@Pyro

Cheltenham is a different kettle of fish as you know though. Not entirely sure how he'll handle it and then theres the ground concerns...Can't complain though with the price I've got!

Can't be on Pandorama at Cheltenham,he hasn't beaten a lot over fences yet. Mikael D'Haguenet's form has been boosted fifty folds in the last few weeks. Form around Cheltenham,although not over fences,but still heads above Pandorama's,even with a fall to his name and one chase start.Doubt we'd see him in the GC this year I think though,RSA winner if he goes. Close in the GC if he does

Dial-A-Bet Chase

Leopardstown 1.20

Golden Silver 5pts @ 7/4 VC

Paddy Power Chase

Stewards House 1pt ew @ 33/1 Will Hill (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)

Arthur Moore targets these handicaps every year but this one has eluded his for a least the past 10 years. He's had a second and a couple of fourths so must feel hes getting closer. He knows what a good horse does and only has a couple entered at Leopardstown this year.

Stewards House loves heavy ground though doesn't win too many (10%). His last win came against Arbour Supreme getting lots of weight but it was at Leopardstown and in Heavy ground. There is a big question over his stamina but judging him on his last run is unfair. Paddy Flood was clearly aware that the Troytown Handicap at Navan was not the ultimate target. He lobbed along until 3 out and due to fitness just fell back through the field. There was no reaction from Flood which gives the impression that it was to get his fitness up. The last two years Stewards House has underperformed on seasonal debut and come out with a good run next time. Leopardstown is a fairer track than Navan in any case.

Theres plenty more likely winners but Stewards H~ouse has a trainer with experience of this race (runners in 8 of last 10 years) and the horse looks well prepared for the race. He races prominantly which will be difficult against 27 rivals but when he gets in a rhythm he could be dangerous.

Small enough stakes in a lottery race.

Newbury 2.10 Court In Motion 1pt @ 9/2 VC

Kempton 4.50 Vhujon / Feelin Foxy 0.5pts RFC (not staked yet)

Have to say I'm a little worried about the Golden Silver bet after Zaidpours defeat. Very soon after their last days racing

• Advertisement

Newbury 2.10 Court In Motion 1pt @ 9/2 VC

Kempton 4.50 Vhujon / Feelin Foxy 0.5pts RFC (not staked yet)

Done the RFC

Advertisement