Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Golden Silver was let down by his jumping and looked a little flat, Big Zeb did enough. Mullins says he probably raan to his mark and Scotirish ran above his. Looked like a truely run race. No real excuses, I'd be mad to make any...4-0 to Big Zeb.

Stewards House fell out the back having run well until the business end. Non stayer, horrible ground.

Court In Motion
    could have been put in to it earlier. finished 6l second

Feeling Foxy won but Vhujon couldn't pick up from the back

-9pts

Bank: 54.6

Kempton 6.40

Quasi Congaree
    1.25pts @ 11/1 Stan James

Clutching here because I believee the horse runs good and bad races in turn. hes due a bad one but hes drawn well and his second to the favorite is great looking form. He's 10lbs better off today

Bank: 53.35

Dunno if that was a bad run or a good run from Quasi! Up against relatively good horses so difficult to say. Will look at him again next time....cautiously

I've been working for 13 hours so taking a break to find a bet to lighten my new year.

If anyones reading - Happy New Year.

Cheltenham 2.00

Sway 3pts ew @ 6/1 VC (1/5 Odds, 3 Places)

Jumps exceptionally well and bottom of the weights. Can't believe shes not clear favorite considering the factors I've just mentioned.

Cheltenham 12.55

Duke Of Lucca 1pt @ 11/1 VC

Sure to see it out after creditable run of a trip that just stretched him last time. His form figure belies his performace though under a very good weight carrying effort. 2l behind Peddlers last year gives him every chance with most of the others shouldering a penalty of some sort.

• Advertisement

1pt Double

12.50 Southwell Sir Geoffrey @ 5/2

2.15 Exeter Salden Licht @ 3/1

13/1 Paddy Power

Bad times. Gonna give it a rest for a while. Had a miserable time of it from new year til cheltenham last year. looking similar this time round. Paper trading for the time being.

I'll stick a few up over the next few weeks but they'll be paper trades until I decide otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Frustrating time of year.

Lingfield

13.10 Kipchak
    13.40 Soundbyte
    15.10 Copperwood

Paper Trade Patent

Paper Trade

Wolverhampton 17.40

Diriculous 1pt @ 11/2 SkyBet

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    Coral Welsh National

Dance Island
    2pts ew @ 16/1 VC

I never lie about where I get my inspiration for my bets and today is no different. I saw Tom Segal tipping up a horse I think is improving no end and is fairly under rated by many probably due to the trainer and jockey combo which isn't familiar to many people. I'm disappointed I wasn't paying attention to the market and missed the 33/1 but 16/1 is still a very reasonable price for a horse still rated 137 getting to within 3l of Burton Port at Aintree. He'll be effectively 3lbs out of the handicap but he's well ahead of the handicapper in my view and barring another like King Fontaine whose also very well handicapped he has an outstanding chance. I really am pissed off that Segal got there first. I wish he'd just keep his mouth shut

Into 9s with the withdrawal of Summary Justice. Should go well tomorrow.

nICE CALL ON DIRICULOUS.DOING ANY BETS TOMORROW?

****,I didn't realise i had the caps on,too lazy to edit

Just Dance Island for cash.

Minella Class in the Tolworth is a fancy but nothing more.

I'm interested in the 2.35 at Lingfield. Purely cause I have no idea who'll win it. Any one of 6?

Magic Sky is starting to interest me in the Welsh National at 50/1 but probably more so if he goes to Sandown (20/1).

I think Minella Class looks better value than Toubab anyway.Some good handicaps tomorrow alright.

Welsh National

Magic Sky 1pt ew @ 50/1 Stan James

Will enjoy conditions and looks like he needs further in his races for all he has speed. He got around the big ones at Aintree so he can jump. His trainer Milton Harris' horses are running very well with most of them placing in the last two weeks. His horses have a good strike rate at the track too. There is a big worry that he wont see out the trip though. While all of the races I've watched of him recently suggested he needs further, the Welsh National is more than 'further'. He's not without hope though and at 50/1 I'm willing to take a chance judging by what I've seen of him

Lingfield 2.35

I wouldn't think of backing them but I reckon Seek The Fair Land will place and Bravo Echo and Avon River are best chances of winning it. I'd like Rjeef but Martin Lane is cursed at Lingfield. Can't wait for this race :)

Punchestown

I fancied Rick and backed Healys Bar last time at Leopardstown. Might look closer tomorrow

Rick for me too.Trip too much of a worry for the favourite for me.

Healys Bar is out. That was a very late withdrawal was it?

• Advertisement

Don't think it was last night anyway,just saw it this morning.

Healy's Bar is in the beginners' chase tomorrow at Leopardstown

Leopardstown 1.20

Magnaminity 2pts @ 11/2 Bet365

MCR Hurdle

Whodouthink 0.5pts ew @ 20/1 ToteSport (1/4 Odds, 5 Places)

MCR Hurdle

Tijuana Dancer 2.5pts ew @ 10/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 Odds, 5 Places)

Leopardstown 12.50

Healys Bar 1pt @ 10/1 ToteSport

Trip much more forgiving than last time and travelled very well throughout that race at the same course. Jumped well too. Certainly think hes over priced

Leopardstown 1.20

Magnaminity 2pts @ 11/2 Bet365

What'll be the deduction?

greetings wrote: »
    What'll be the deduction?

40p

Bank: 40.05

Queen Mother Champion Chase

Somersby 1pt ew @ 20/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)
    --Pressing Up--

Somersby 3pts ew @ 20/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)
    Somersby 2pts ew @ 25/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)

He is clearly a very good horse and had a rough time of it in the Tingle Creek when he reared and toppled on the walkway out onto the track. Difficult to argue that didn't affect him and he hit the last fence costing him second that day. I think he lacks the pace of the very top 2 milers but even so he makes up a lot of ground climbing that hill. Most days his jumping is very good but he has still only had 6 chase starts and is only 7yo this year. As regards the price, Sizing Europe is 10s and 12s for the QM while Somersby, who was beaten 3/4l in the Arkle is double the price. All will be revealed at the Victor Chandler on the 22nd of this month but all bets so far are NRNB so no liability in Ante post terms.

Master Minded 2pts @ 7/4 Ladbrokes (NRNB)

His last two races show that he is back to near his unreachable best. At his best no other horse can live with him, not even Big Zeb. If he wins the Victor Chandler as he is entitled to do judging by his races so far this season then his price will go to around the 5/4 , 6/5 mark. Thats a guess by the way, no maths formulae from me. On the day he will be odds on again. Hes currently 1/2.

• Advertisement

Looks like I've just been giving Ladbrokes money for safe keeping. Somersby apparent main target is a Graduation chase at Kempton in Feburary - at 2m4f 110y. "Thats not the distance of the Queen Mother" I hear you say. To which I reply "I know.....I know"

:P

Advertisement