Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Towcester

2.55 Flying Squad 1.5pts ew @ 8/1 (1/5 Odds, 3 Places)

Won much easier than the paper suggests. Travels very strongly and just getting the hang of jumping. Claimed 7 in his last but so did all the rest in that race. Good claimer in Jimmy Derham is up and he can show him self worthy of stepping up in class here especially in the form hes in.

3.55 Olympian 1pt ew @ 25/1 PP (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

Very well handicapped on previous wins. has very inexperienced jockey on but claims 7 and drop back to 2miles will see him get competitive. He travelled well in his two starts this year only to drop out like a stone. If he doesn't go here I'll be looking for a wind op or something :P

Olympian needs a wind op or something, he just collapses in his races. Travelled to the front and fell apart.

Bank: 52.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nice call on Flying Squad there

Hmm my last comment never showed up.
    Nice call on the winner today,well backed too.

Wolves 5.05

Kieltys Folly 1pts @ 15/2 Will Hill

Close up to John Potts last time here and hes won 2 on the bounce since

• Advertisement

Bank: 51.45

Leicester 2.30

Bedarra Boy 2pts @ 5/1 Will Hill

Jumped well for first time over fences and looked to enjoy it. Better ground at Leicester will see him even better and hes top of some speed ratings. The two at the top of the market with him are from Henderson and Twiston-Davies but they aren't all they're cracked up to be. Red Rouble has gone up 15lbs for losing once and falling the next time and Anquetta has been running in better races but carries top weight in his first handicap. Trainer of Bedarra Boy has had 2 wins in 5 runs in the last two weeks and both were ridden by Daryl Jacob.

At longer odds Mark Aurele appeals running for a trainer for whom I've backed horses lately Milton Harris (Magic Sky & Flying Squad)

Nulty wrote: »
    Glass Harmonium second last but only 3 lengths down. Never good enough

King George vi Chase Ante Post

Kauto Star 5pts @ Evens (Victor Chandler)

King George VI

Sizing Europe 2pt ew @ 16/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)

Adding to the King George VI betting. Or at least giving Ladbrokes more of my money to keep warm. NRNB makes this so appealing. Nothing come from DeBromheads yet that he isn't running but 28s on the machine say more than the silence. While its not confirmed one way or the other though a shot to nothing on Sizing at 16s looks a great opportunity. Watch now, it'll be the first thing up on the RP site in the morning - "Sizing Europe out of the King George"

King George VI

Sizing Europe 2pt ew @ 16/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)

Adding to the King George VI betting. Or at least giving Ladbrokes more of my money to keep warm. NRNB makes this so appealing. Nothing come from DeBromheads yet that he isn't running but 28s on the machine say more than the silence. While its not confirmed one way or the other though a shot to nothing on Sizing at 16s looks a great opportunity. Watch now, it'll be the first thing up on the RP site in the morning - "Sizing Europe out of the King George"

Can't say I'm suprised:
    Sizing Europe likely to miss King George

One horse almost certain to be missing is last year's Irish Independent Arkle winner, Sizing Europe, as trainer Henry de Bromhead is extremely unlikely to make the trip from Waterford again.

"I think we're going to give it a miss," said De Bromhead. "It's too much travelling in too short a time. Though the horse is in great form, we had a horrendous trip back from Kempton and it's in the back of my mind that he got travel sickness on the way over to Cheltenham in 2009."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/sizing-europe-likely-to-miss-king-george-2491044.html

Haha you have some timing Nulty

• Advertisement

I'll get it back this weekend at least.

Bedarra Boy ran well and wont get more than a couple of pounds if any. Fav was predictably non-threatening...15lbs up for travelling and not finishing. Hendersons...pain in the hole. If I were the type to talk through my pocket I'd say Jacob could have been a bit firmer with the horse after the last. In the tracker

Leicester 3.30

Teddys Reflection 0.8pts @ 9/2

Its a free bet but may aswell put it towards the log. I reckon he should be around the 3/1 mark.

FFS. Nicky f***** Henderson

Bank: 48.65

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was planning on going with Sizing Europe myself, awh well.:o

Doncaster 3.25

Palos Conti 4pts @ 13/8 Paddy Power

Stunning performance last time at Weatherby. Like Red Rouble yesterday, he's gone up a fair few pounds but the difference is that hes won and that win was a 22l win. He was off a big layoff and the bounce-factor can be discarded because that win came in October. The reson I figure hes been out so long is the ground, fairly obviously actually. Better ground at Doncaster on Wednesday and went well enough fresh last time that the break doesn't worry. Standout selection provided hes been trained for it. There are some class droppers here but the manner of Palos Contis form (3 consecutive wins) and style makes him an easy selection

Damn! I'd love to have backed Adams Island. Worried about the ground but checked his pedigree and action just before the race and there was no reason to think he wouldn't act on the ground. Too late to get a bet on. Backed him last twice.

Chasing my losses here.

Kempton 5.15

Feeling Foxy 3pts @ 5/1 Lads

Run well making all last three races and the lack of competition for the lead here makes him interesting. 2-2 here in his last two runs and hes drawn perfectly on the rail. There are a few much better off at the weights but FF is in form and things are set up for him if he can overcome the weight differential with Absa Lutte and Grudge. Fav is obvious danger but FF price is attractive in the form hes in.

Before this loses...

Bank: 44.65

Nulty have you any idea what Morning Supreme's target is at the festival? Can't find anything.

Dunno Greets

Meydan 5.40

Invincible Ash 2pts @ 8/1

Very exciting Irish mare and with Dettori booked and Halfords Hujalea mare running well already she should be in with a good chance at her best distance.

Bankable 1pt @ 9/1

Dropping back in trip is a concern but hes the class of the race and worth a chance at 9/1

Dunno Greets

Meydan 5.40

Invincible Ash 2pts @ 8/1

Very exciting Irish mare and with Dettori booked and Halfords Hujalea mare running well already she should be in with a good chance at her best distance.

Bankable 1pt @ 9/1

Dropping back in trip is a concern but hes the class of the race and worth a chance at 9/1
    The two horses I'd narrowed it down to aswell. The day Bankable ran in the Royal Hunt Cup was one of the saddest days of my life,hadn't even backed him was far too short but genuinely really liked the horse. Not going for him today though,6 furlongs isn't for him I don't think.

• Advertisement

Musselburgh 3.20

Lockstown 1pt @ 11/2 Bet365

Only three chases under his belt and has an apparent liking for softer ground. Not the paciest of 3m chasers but has plenty of potential. Clearly needs Graham Lee to keep him concentrating after his blunder in his last race but with more practice he looks to be able to improve. Met Isla Pearl Fisher two runs back but with the change in going conditions and the added experience hes gained I think he can get ahead of him. All about potential here and a bit of a risk but prefer 11/2 about him than 3s about the fav. Others in with chances like Bally Wall but the potential of Lockstown makes him more attractive.

Lingfield 2.30

Indian Violet 1pt ew @ 9/1 VC (1/5 Odds, 3 Places)

Worth another shot back at Lingfield and after a break. He won two races here in a row and flopped at Kempton while trying to shoulder another 6lbs rise in the hcp. That clearly wasn't his running with the winner that day (10l win) beaten a length and a half the time before by Indian Violet. Step up in trip is worry a=on pedigree but didn't look like stopping the time before when winning of 10f at the track.

Ryanair Chase - Cheltenham

Kempes 1pt ew @ 50/1 VC

Hey Nulty do you know is Ladbroke NRNB for all ante post bets or is it ante post Cheltenham bets just?

Just the 4 championship races at the festival

Thank you sir.

Ryanair Chase - Cheltenham

Kempes 1pt ew @ 50/1 VC

Done the same for the Gold Cup...gonna have to be a good year for the Irish if I'm going to get anything out of the festivals

Cheltenham Gold Cup

Kempes 1pt ew @ 50/1 Ladbrokes (NRNB)

Kauto Star 5pts @ 8/15 PP (Faller-Insurance)

Looking forward to the big man.

• Advertisement

I reeally shouldn't be betting on horses at this time of year. :(

End of an era...

Advertisement