Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Ascot 12.40

Mister Stickler 1pt @ 7/1 Bet365

Had breathing problems since his win at Plumpton and those have hopefully been sorted. I doubt a stable such as Kings would acknowledged a breathing problem and not done anything about it before entering him in a 9k race. He looks very effective on soft ground and looks as though he'll get further in time. Its difficult to oppose Henderson lately, two of my midweek bets were foiled by Henderson horses. Mister Stickler looks too big due to the fact he is one of the more likely to improve for a breathing op and appears to enjoy the ground better than his rivals bar the fav. Its a horse race though and favs get beaten.

Ascot 1.15

Alasi 1pt ew @ 12/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 Odds, 3 Places)

Alasi was sent off 100/1 for the mares hurdle at Cheltenham last season and finished down the field but since then has shown her ability by placing in two Listed mares hurdles twice behind Banjaxed Girl. On a line through that horse, she doesn't have too much to find with Carols Legacy. Only about 4lbs in fact. Shes raced over 2m4f and 2m6f in those Listed races with the in those races and there is supposedly enough stamina in the family that its worth mentioning by the RP. I looked but couldn't see anything worth mentioning...they have raced over the distance but this is the best horse out of her dam. Reverse forecast with the fav might be interesting but the unexposed types make it unattractive.

I suppose now is as good a time as any to post my Ante Post Portfolio:

(* denotes bets not logged)

Horse| Race__ | Stake___ | Price___ | Bookie & Terms| Date
    Pandorama| Gold Cup | 2 ew| @ 33/1| VC (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)| [27/10/10]
    Pandorama | Gold Cup | 1 ew| @ 50/1| VC (1/4 Odds, 3 Places) | [29/11/10]
    Pandorama| Gold Cup | 5 ew| @ 50/1| Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB) | [27/11/10]
    Kempes| Gold Cup| 1 ew | @ 50/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)|
    *Pride Of Dulcote| Gold Cup | 5 ew | @ 25/1| PP (1/4 Odds, 3 Places) |[13/1/11]
    *Pride Of Dulcote| Gold Cup | 1 Win | @ 25/1 |Lads (NRNB) |[13/1/11]
    *Burton Port | Gold Cup | .5 Win | @ 25/1 |ToteSport| [23/10/10]
    ||||

Kempes| Ryanair | 1 ew | @ 50/1 |Victor Chandler (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)| [14/1/11]
    Albertas Run| Ryanair | 4 ew | @ 16/1 |Stan James (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)| [21/1/11]
    ||||
    Somersby| QM Champ Chase | 1 ew | @ 20/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)|
    Somersby| QM Champ Chase | 3 ew | @ 20/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)|
    Somersby| QM Champ Chase | 2 ew | @ 25/1| Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)|
    Master Minded| QM Champ Chase | 2 Win | @ 7/4 |Lads (NRNB)|
    ||||
    Sparky May | Mares Hurdle| 1 ew | @ 14/1 |PP (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)| [22/1/11]
    ||||
    Solwhit | World Hurdle| 1 ew | @ 12/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)| [20/1/11]
    ||||
    *Recital| Derby | 1 Win| @ 25/1| Lads
    Henrietta Knight was pleased with the effort of Somersby, who now looks like taking on Master Minded again in the Sportingbet.com Queen Mother Champion Chase at Cheltenham for which he is a 14-1 chance with Master Minded now eased to a best-priced 5-2 favourite.
    Knight said: "It was heartstopping. I was really pleased with him as he is notthe easiest horse. We were so sure that we wanted the Ryanair but after today's performance he showed that he is still able to hold his own at two miles so we might go for the Ryanair next year now."

David Nicholsons Mares Hurdle

Sparky May 1pt ew @ 14/1 PP (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

I decided not to take a chance on this mare today and opted to bet a bigger price and one that had more likelyhood of staying in the conditions. Her performance was brilliant though. She pulled her way through the field and for all the world look as if she wouldn't get home in the conditions. She was getting 5lbs from Carols Legacy who was a 4.5l 2nd to Quevega at Chetenham last year. Shes only 6yo though and clearly has a lot of ability and has scope for improvement as well when compared to the main protagonists. Our Girl Salley is another who could be challenging Quevega for the race and she is highly respected. The one they all have to beat is Quevega but shes worth taking on at this stage with a horse that clearly is on a par with the top mares and one we haven't seen lose over timber.

Nicely done....deposited in Stan James and the price changes...bastards. :mad:

Leopardstown 1.45

Saludos 3pts @ 5/1 Will Hill

Having watched the Bord Na Mona again and I'm convinced that Saludos would have found something on the run in. He was under pressure and finding plenty between the second last and the last before capitulating. 7 weeks off before that and now a two week break should have him in even better condition.Realt Duch is the one to beat on form though Mullins thinks a lot of Flat Out but Harrington and Powers frustration after the race suggested that Saludos deserves greater respect in his price for the Irish Arkle and having missed the 11/2 by minutes if not seconds 5/1 is still a very fair price.

• Advertisement

Really shouldn't have bet Saludos. I haven't seen the race but I'm guessing he ran so badly because he couldn't lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I just saw the replay of the last few fences,didn't seem to be near. Flat Out was going well before falling. I'm on Noble Prince for the Arkle,his price is as low as 10/1 with PP,WH didn't change it,25/1 is huge

Saludos stopped to nothing...something wrong there. Trouble horse now though and one to avoid for fear of cyphoning my money in future

Kempton 3.45

Bravo Echo 1pt ew @ 15/2

On the drift but getting too big.

Nice winner.

Horse|Result|Stakes|Price|Extra Info|P/L
    299.Bedarra Boy | 1st| 1 Win| 11/4| | +37.9
    300.Forrest Crown | 5th| .5 ew| 14/1| | +36.9
    301.Bathwick Scanno | 3rd| .5 ew| 33/1| | +39.7
    302.Aflaam | 8th| 1 Win| 8/1| | +38.7
    303.Mister Stickler | 3rd| 1 Win| 7/1| | +37.7
    304.Alasi | 3rd| 1 ew| 12/1| | +39.1
    305.Petit Robin | F| 2 Win| 3/1| W/o fav| +37.7
    306.Petit Robin | F| 2 Win| 4/1| W/o fav| +35.7
    307.Saludos | 5th| 3 Win| 5/1| | +32.7
    308.Bravo Echo | 1st| 1 ew| 8/1| | +42.3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Well done on brave echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Nulty wrote: »
    Really shouldn't have bet Saludos. I haven't seen the race but I'm guessing he ran so badly because he couldn't lead.

There is clearly something wrong with the horse i was got word from the yard they were expecting to win this race today.Jessica harrington was on at the races after the race and said the horse had burst a blood vessel.

There is clearly something wrong with the horse i was got word from the yard they were expecting to win this race today.Jessica harrington was on at the races after the race and said the horse had burst a blood vessel.

Thank you Johnny. Very much appreciated, I missed the interview.

After watching the race it was clear something had gone wrong with him, he stopped to nothing. Think I'll have to try him again next time :D

William Hill have shortened Sparky May to 8-1 (from 12) for the David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle after receiving interest following her bold Ascot victory on Saturday.

Link

Best Price 10s with Ladbrokes

Some horrible racing tomorrow.

Haven't even looked. I've a project and presentation to have in on Thursday and I'm still learning through building a draft...I need to disconnect the in internet or something.

What course are you doing?

A web technologies course in NCI. Its a Labour force activation fund thing so its free (for me)

Kempton 3.50

Albahan 1pt @ 8/1 Will Hill

Looked very promising as a two year old but has disappointed since. He's been tried in G3 then conditions stakes, then C2 handicap, then a Listed race then a C2 handicap, then a C3 handicap and now finally they have put him in a C4 where he carries a lot of weight but also has a bit of a class edge on the field. 2.25l 8th in the listed race here over 7f from a nice draw. He was under pressure before they turned in and kept going but seemed to just get outpaced at the end. Hes a tiny horse, seriously small but he keeps going. I think the step up to 8f will suit him perfectly but the big worry is whether he can carry the 9-7 on his back. It'll be the most hes ever carried.

The form of his last race is working out quite well. The first has come out and won again decisively and the 4th, just in behind Alhaban, dropped in class to run 2nd at Lingfield. Alhaban is taking the class drop too and should improve his placings but its a very competitive race. Hes down a couple of pounds and if he doesn't perform today I'll put it down to the weight and see if he drops any further. Looks one to keep on side of though over a mile in the future. Hes got a horrible draw though so I won't be going mad.

Big Bay 1pt @ 7/1 Will Hill

Big Bay is another that looks like he is waiting to win and what attracts me to him is that he will be settled off the pace. It looks as though it will be a very strong pace. Big Bay has fallen in tHes won over CD at 5lbs lower and the trainer has owned him the whole time and not got rid of him. Shes persevered and theres probably good reason for that. Hes waiting to come back to form and now looks a good time to back him with Seamie Heffernan riding.

Haahaha

Last and second last! :pac:

Thurles 3.20

Newmill 1pt ew @ 16/1 PP (1/5 Odds, 3 Places)

He won the race last year and has been very consistent over the past year. Having won the race twice in his long career the first in '06 means he obviously likes the track at Thurles. 2 from 2 there. Big price for a horse that has every chance of performing well. Hes not getting any better obviously but he appeals enough to consider rat 16/1 as a bet.

• Advertisement

Newmill (4th) travelled and jumped very well but came off the bridle on the turn. Last fence omission didn't help and maybe he went too early by following J'y Vole through the field. As Pyro says, all the good ew bets finish 1 out of the places.

Bank: 38.3

Thyestes Chase

Pomme Tiepy 1pt @ 5/1

Agus a Vic 1pt @ 10/1

As 3rd and 4th in the Paddy Power these two are clearly attractive with recent form in the book. Both have won over 3m and will be staying on from the back provided the jump well enough. I was attracted by my betting blackhole Stewards House but there seems as though therre will be plenty of horses that like to lead and race prominantly. That not only gives SH competition and may put pressure on his jumping but also means he can't dictate a pace and he looks like a non-stayer but I reckon he could pick up a race over 3m, just probably not this one. Pomme Tiepy has come down the weight a lot since he won 2 G2s on the bounce as a novice both over 3m. He meets a lot of the stats for this race historically and can't really find much to oppose him with. Agus a Vic is exposed but still has plenty of ability and stays on the same mark from Leopardstown. Another one sure to get the trip, hes only had 6 races outside hunter-chases and looks to be in better form since going handicap chasing.

I also like Telenor but would only consider backing him if there was good money for him before the race.

Thyestes Chase

Pomme Tiepy 1pt @ 5/1

Agus a Vic 1pt @ 10/1

As 3rd and 4th in the Paddy Power these two are clearly attractive with recent form in the book. Both have won over 3m and will be staying on from the back provided the jump well enough. I was attracted by my betting blackhole Stewards House but there seems as though therre will be plenty of horses that like to lead and race prominantly. That not only gives SH competition and may put pressure on his jumping but also means he can't dictate a pace and he looks like a non-stayer but I reckon he could pick up a race over 3m, just probably not this one. Pomme Tiepy has come down the weight a lot since he won 2 G2s on the bounce as a novice both over 3m. He meets a lot of the stats for this race historically and can't really find much to oppose him with. Agus a Vic is exposed but still has plenty of ability and stays on the same mark from Leopardstown. Another one sure to get the trip, hes only had 6 races outside hunter-chases and looks to be in better form since going handicap chasing.

I also like Telenor but would only consider backing him if there was good money for him before the race.

F*** You Pricewise. He better not win!:mad:

Lingfield 1.40

I Confess 1pt @ 6/1

Gowran 1.45

Powerstation 1pt @ 6/1

Better ground may see Powerstation get closer to Mourad today. Only 2l between them (and a little more) last time.

Fontwell 3.15

Randjo 1pt @ 6/1

Dartnell in cracking form and young enough that he can improve

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fontwell 3.15

Randjo 1pt @ 6/1

Dartnell in cracking form and young enough that he can improve

Cracking win, SP went to 9/2. Nice pick.

Wolves 6.10

Misaro 1pt ew @ 7/1 (1/4 Odds, 2 Places)

first time in a claimer since July when he was 12lbs higher. Getting on now but better the last three times and will be hanging off the pace made by the 3 market leaders. Very decent odds if you believe they'll take each other on and Misaro can avoid the kickback

Misaro got too much kickback and ran on strongly when in the clear.

• Advertisement

Bank: +41.05

Advertisement