Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Navan 2.50

Rigour Back Bob 2pts @ 6/1 Bet365

Goes with a good chance in a very open race. Voler La Vedette looks the one to beat along with Shinrock but Rigour Back has plenty left to give and will enjoy the bottomless conditions.

Navan 2.20

Montan 2pts ew @ 8/1 (1/4 Odds, 2 Places)

useful hurdler who won quite impressively last time after being headed after the last and getting back up to beat Kilultagh Queen. Saludos is under priced with his fall and bleeding. Surely he'll hose up then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nulty wrote: »
    Navan 2.20

Montan 2pts ew @ 8/1 (1/4 Odds, 2 Places)

useful hurdler who won quite impressively last time after being headed after the last and getting back up to beat Kilultagh Queen. Saludos is under priced with his fall and bleeding. Surely he'll hose up then.

Were you talking about Saludos there :pac:

Grand National Trial

Haydock 19/2/11

Sarde 3pts ew @ 33/1 Bet365 (1/4 Odds, 4 Places, AntePost)

Inspiration drawn from Gary Nutting for this but I've followed Sardes form lines andd they tend to work out fairly well. He is a likable horse who appreciated a good test of stamina and looks to have more improvement to come. Gary Nutting is confident enough that the top two won't turn up and that would get Sarde into the race at the bottom of the weights if not just carrying a lbs or two overweight. Actually, Money Trix and Mon Mome can't turn up so he'd get in the weights nicely. Hes only 7 but loves a slog and I'm looking forward to seeing him take his place

Montan gave a great performance but couldn't quicken after the last. could be worth 3m.

Rigour Back Bob got tired and I'll be backing him again no doubt

• Advertisement

Exeter 4.10

Or Bleu 1pt @ 5/1 VC

Difficult one to weigh up but I have reservations about the debut chaser on this ground. Or Bleu is the clear pick on ground form and while carrying top weight, has to be better favoured with his experience and latest form.

Weight too much for Or Bleu and got outpaced but stuck on for 3rd.

Exeter 4.40

Dinarius 2.5pts ew @ 14/1 Ladbrokes

Absolutely loves a slog in heavy ground and is talented enough to be competitive in this race. His price looks ridiculous at first glance...he ought to be half that price. He is someway off Mamlook in the ratings but the heavy ground makes it much closer than simple figures. Last bet of the day.

Bank: 98.75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

What a nice winner

Nay bad at all. Should have had more on. It was a max bet but I didn't give my self enough time to consider it.

Plumpton 3.30

Latin America 1.5pts ew @ 16/1 VC (1/4 Odds, 2 Places)

This could go really well or horribly wrong but 16/1 either way is far too big because its not all that bad for Latin America. The stable is in flying form as is the stable jockey whos been riding well for other stables lately too. Latin America was a CD 2nd in Heavy ground to progressive Mistree Dancer last year. There iss around 8mm due before tomorrows racing so the ground will be very soft. Hes been slightly disappointing except for his 3rd to Recession Proof who went on the win a NHF race at Southwell on his next start, second in that ran too bad to be true next time after going off fav @ 15/8, so that form is inconclusive. Next time he (LatinAmerica) was disappointing but the market predicted that (40/1).

His last start is not as bad as it looks. It coincides with the trainers purple patch and from form, it looks as though LA doesn't carry weight very well (he's quite a slight horse). he carried 11-10 that day and carries 11-1 tomorrow. Anyway, the 2nd and 5th finished 2nd and 1st in their next races and the winner went up 10lbs and disappointed badly but the form on the whole looks good. LA is down another 3lbs from that and with the trainer/jockey form and his lighter weight it looks to me as though 16/1 is much too big, but I'm going on pure speculation.

• Advertisement

**** it, gonna take a chance and press up.

Latin America 2 ew @ 16/1 Bet365 (1/4 Odds, 2 Places)

Plumpton 3.30

Frontier Spirit 1pt @ 7/2

Saver on Latin America. This fella looks a bit of value now. His form is very good, probably the best of the race and with NTD coming into form I would hate to see this one win without being on it. Needs the distance and the ground can help him because he doesn't look the fastest

Champion Hurdle

Khyber Kim 3pts ew @ 25/1 Stan James (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Champion Hurdle

Khyber Kim 3pts ew @ 25/1 Stan James (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)
    You watching get on aswell :D

Haven't had a bet in it yet and the fact he's confirmed now makes him an outstanding bet. I backed him in the Greatwood last year at 16/1 and naturally I've been a fan ever since. 25/1 with 4 places is ridiculous. If he's longer than 10s on the day I'll be very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I don't understand how Khyber Kym is 25's. Two brilliant runs in his last two at Cheltenham followed by an impressive win at Aintree, obviously needed the last run and I'll be having a decent bet on it too, looks a great e/w chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

couldn't agree more nulty
    huge price
    backed him last year for the champion hurdle and
    was convinced i was on a good thing (think i got 8s)
    the more i watched the greatwood the more i wondered
    how he was so big given how impressive a performance that was
    binocular was the one horse i put a line through last year however

Grand National Trial

Haydock 19/2/11

Sarde 3pts ew @ 33/1 Bet365 (1/4 Odds, 4 Places, AntePost)

Inspiration drawn from Gary Nutting for this but I've followed Sardes form lines andd they tend to work out fairly well. He is a likable horse who appreciated a good test of stamina and looks to have more improvement to come. Gary Nutting is confident enough that the top two won't turn up and that would get Sarde into the race at the bottom of the weights if not just carrying a lbs or two overweight. Actually, Money Trix and Mon Mome can't turn up so he'd get in the weights nicely. Hes only 7 but loves a slog and I'm looking forward to seeing him take his place

Sarde is best priced 14/1 after being given 10-4 for the Grand National Trial at Haydock on Saturday. He takes on 16 other horses.

Bumped into one there :( - still good result:)

Bank: 108.25

Horse|Result|Stakes|Price|Extra Info|P/L
    326.Onceaponatime | 3rd| 2 Win| 7/2| | +47.61
    327.Sebastiano | 3rd| 2 Win| 5/1| | +45.61
    328.Shared Moment | 1st| 2 Win| 4/1| | +53.61
    329.Salient | 5th| 1 ew| 12/1| | +51.61
    330.Ocean Legend | 3rd| 1 Win| 7/2| | +50.61
    331.Feet Of Fury | 1st| 1 Win| 2/1| | +52.61
    332.Orang Outan | 1st| 1 Win| 28/1| | +80.61
    332.Star Rover | 5th| .5 ew| 25/1| | +79.61
    333.Hollo Ladies | 4th| 1 Win| 5/1| | +78.61
    334.Mafeking | 4th| 4 ew| 10/1| | +70.61
    335.Souter Point | 10th| 1 ew| 25/1| | +68.61
    336.Tuxedo | 5th| 2 Win| 5/1| | +66.61
    337.Veroon | 6th| 1 Win| 15/2| | +65.01
    338.Talenti | 11th| 1 ew| 16/1| | +63.01
    339.Magnaminity | 2nd| 1 Win| 11/2| | +62.01
    340.Magic Sky | UR| 1 ew| 16/1| | +60.01
    341.Letyourselfgo | PU| 1 ew| 40/1| | +58.01
    342.Letyourselfgo | PU| 1 ew| 50/1| | +56.01
    343.Montan | 2nd| 2 ew| 8/1| | +58.01
    344.Rigour Back Bob | 2nd| 2 Win| 6/1| | +56.01
    345.Or Bleu | 3rd| 1 Win| 5/1| | +55.01
    346.Dinarius | 1st| 2.5 ew| 14/1| | +98.76
    347.Latin America | 2nd| 3.5 ew| 16/1| | +108.26

• Advertisement

Lincoln Handicap

Doncaster (2 April 2011)

Bravo Echo 1pt ew @ 33/1 VC (1/4 Odds, 4 Places, AntePost)

I think I should start a separate Ante Post Thread....

Meydan 5.35

Bushman .5pts ew @ 22/1 VC

Totesport Trophy

I'm going to horses that have nice racing weights and stay strongly.

The Betchworth Kid 1pt @ 22/1 PP

On flat form theres nothing between TBK and Salden Licht. If TBK jumps then he has a very decent chance. Run behind Antepost fav Tocca Ferro good too.

My Sweet Lord 1pt @ 14/1 Lads

Mullins sends this over and can't be ignored. Placed in the MCR on lines through Wilde Wit Pleasure, still young and unexposed.

Newbury Dance island. 1pt at 25/1

Beauty of mobile internet! f**k formatting!

Dance Island was fairly disappointing. Faded into last I think.

Gutted I couldn't get on Stow in the first...Aidan Coleman was at Newbury for 1 ride and goes to Sandown.

The Betchworth Kid ran a cracker of a race having taken the longest route round and coming from dead last at one stage. They should put him in the Country Hurdle. Big mistake having him in the Albert Bartlett last year.

My Sweet Lord will have better days.

Bank: 104.25

Ascot 3.35

Drill Sergeant 2pts @ 8/1 Bet365

Kerasanir 1pt @ 9/1 Bet365

Drill Sergeant ran a very good race for all that he got the best trip in the race at Kempton last time. He was travelling strongly up until the second last where he hit the flight and that took his momentum away. A furlong shorter, and 7lbs taken off his back makes much appeal but with the dead 16 in there its inevitable that one will come out so no each-way.

Karasanir looks a very nice horse and although he takes a fairly heavy weight around the step up in trip will see him improve on his already impressive runs. Pillip Hobbs won the big handicap hurdle last week and theres a good chance he can do it again here. Both selections stay handy on the pace but are not obliged to lead. That will be left to Lough Derg. Stakes reflect win potential rather than value.

Gowran Park

Roberto Goldback 2pt @ 2/1 Bet365

Hes been running consistently well and was fairly unlucky to be mugged by Follow The Plan last time. 5lbs balance in the weights now and with Jessica Harringtons strinng in such good order Roberto Goldback looks a dee cent bet. ScotsIrish is a decent sort too but I think its just a matter of time before RG sees the winners enclosure again.

• Advertisement

Wincanton 3.45

Ronaldo Des Mottes 1pt @ 12/1 Will Hill

Unfortunately GMOOH has let the form down but there are lines that put him very close to Menorah. That is a dangerous way to handicap but a price of 12/1 (16/1 earlier) is attraactive enough. Hes getting weight all round apart from Mille Chief and he could come back firing in time for Cheltenham. Early morning support isn't much of a surprise - 16/1 was ratheer insulting, 12/1 is closer to the mark but a lot is taken on trust.

Advertisement