Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Newbury 4.30

Pachattack 1pt @ 5/1 Bet365

Recent form is very solid with beaten rival Lady Jane Digby winning G1 in Germany and finishing 2l behind Antara (2l behind Midday in Nassau) previously. Looks to have G1 form in the book without contesting one. No worries about the ground or distance and the trainer is running a 22% SR in the last two weeks with 2 winners from 9 starters.

Cork 3.40

Hen Night 1pt @ 9/1 Bet365

Has been running against somoe high class horses lately such asa the Irish 1000 Guineas winner Betrah and the English 1000 Guineas and Coronation Stakes placed Gile Na Greine - beating the latter in a maiden at Dundalk in April. She's got a poor dran but has better form in the book than some of the fancied runners. Should she overcome her draw she'll be in with a great chance.

Galway 2.50

Acclaimed 1pt @ 12/1 Bet365

101 rated on the flat and 14l off Blackstairmountain in a maiden hurdle so has the ability. Gonna give him another chance after running wide the whole race on Monday. Blinkers applied this time in a smaller field ought to be more competitive.

Fcuk my dog! You wait 26 selections to get 2 winners and a 2nd. This is hopefully the turning point. (Hen Night SP = 10/1, Bet365 Guaranteed Price)

Bank: -22.75

Ripon 2.45

Oondiri 1pt @ 15/8 SportingBet

Jockey booking is enough to make you take notice. Hanagan takes the ride for Tim Easterby with both in relatively good form. Hanagan was at Goodwood where he was competing with Hannon/Hughes but bounced back with good rides today at Chester and Easterby has 4% in the last two weeks but that doesn't tell the whole story -he's had another 13 2nds and a clutch of 3rds making a 25% strike rate in the first two. A bit of luck and it would look different. Oondiri is far more reliable than most of these and has a good stall 4 off the rail. Most recently he's made all in a claimer under Hanagan by bagging the rail and thats on the menu here. If it goes to plan he'll be very difficult to beat. It looks set up for a horse with confidence where many of his rivals will need to find something.

• Advertisement

Windsor 5.45

Admirable Duque 1pt (10/1 or better) - 11/1 SportingBet

Maslak and Megalala are likely to want the lead in this race and are set to make a strong pace for closers. Admirable Duque is one of those I like the profile of. Has been running over an inadequete trip lately although he went close at Windsor staying on under pressure and now returns to his winning distance. He's suited to the sharp track at Windsor but will need a good pace to run at. I'm not mad into betting on amateur races but it could play into the selections hands with the jocks on the front end going too hard.

Naas 3.20

Desert Ben
    1pt ew @ 8/1 Ladbrokes(1/4 odds, 4 places)

Has been dropping in the handicap with out taking advantage but its clear that he has improved in his finishing positions from the leniancy. He's jumped 5lbs down for this run and Pat Smullen will be on him. He's likely to be prominant and therefore out of the bulk of trouble that is likely to happen in a 21 runner sprint and will probably appreciate the extra furlong. Casey has a pretty decent strike rate at Naas and is actually has a LSP there of 21 in the last 5 years. I'm counting on Smullen to get the horse to use the weight concession to get the horse in contention at the finish.

Ripon 3.15

Come and Go 1pt ew @ 11/1 PP

Been running at 8f lately and running well. Looks to need the extra distance. Drifting price a worry but means better return. Jarvis horse hard to beat but well able for place if that one runs to form.

Windsor 6.40

Colorus
    2pts @ 9/2 PP

Richard Hughes has struggled to be unplaced lately, everything he touches turns to money. Hes up on Colorus for the first time for William Ratcliffe for whom he has had one ride and one win. Colorus ran a decent race last time and looks well handicapped and he's been out 2twice in the last week and a half so trainer obviously feels hes in good form at home. Hes won here before and while this is a competitive race, the jockey booking tips the selection to Colorus at 9/2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just saw there that Age Of Aquarius was retired,as I'd say you heard.
    Pity,I was hoping to see a new Yeats.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iVK_qe47fu5Gxby6msa3vvWi91UQ

• Advertisement

Bank: -27.75

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how popular Age of Aquarius is. He hasn't even won a race this year. He's won a maiden and the Lingfield Derby Trial and thats it. Pedigree is sound but I reckon his popularity will have to be earned.

Brighton 3.30

Cheam Forever 1pt ew @ 9/1 Lads

Taking a flyer on Roger Charltons horse here. Charlton has an incredible 44% SR at Brighton in the last 5 years with 7 of his 16 runners taking the contest. Cheam Forever is suited to this type of track having won here last year and placed at Pontefract latest. He's taking a step up in class but will at least have proven himself on the track and has an able, inform and experienced jockey on board in Steve Drowne who partnered the horse on his latest run. It's a tricky race and this is a tentative selection but going by the trainers record here, the horse has been sent here to win. An each way price is available so I'm taking it.

Kempton 9.05

Blue Charm 1pt ew @ 12/1 Boyles/ Lads

Reasonable record at the CD for this modest class 6 horse. Has fallen to a winnable mark, is well drawn and tries blinkers for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Nulty wrote: »
    Kempton 9.05

Blue Charm 1pt ew @ 12/1 Boyles/ Lads

Reasonable record at the CD for this modest class 6 horse. Has fallen to a winnable mark, is well drawn and tries blinkers for the first time.

I've got Blue Charm in a double e/w (with Tarten Trip - placed). Would be a nice way to end the day.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Missed the break, unlucky. :(

Oh jesus,

Blue Charm -

"fly jumped start, missed break, always behind",

"Very awkward leaving stalls and lost about 8 lengths, in touch at back of field after 4f to over 2f out, weakened (tchd 12-1)"

:rolleyes:

Great start to proceedings :(

Horse| Position| Stake| Price| Multiple?| Balance
    1. Vainglory| 5th| 1 Win| 16/1| | -1
    2. Workforce| 5th| 5 Win| 1/1| | -6
    3. Himalya| 3rd| 3 Win| 12/1| | -9
    4. Monitor Closely| 7th| 1 Win| 11/2| | -10
    5. Harrison George| 3rd| 3 Win| 11/2| | -13
    6. Judge n' Jury| 16th| 1 ew| 16/1| | -15
    7. Black Baccara| 3rd| 2 Win| 7/2| | -17
    8. Gee Dee Nen| 15th| 1 ew| 20/1| | -19
    9. Beethoven | 4th| 1 ew| 33/1| | -21
    10.Aussie Blue| 6th| 1 Win| 7/1| | -22
    11.Micky Mac| 2nd| 1 Win| 15/2| | -23
    12.Mister Manannan| 13th| 1 Win| 20/1| | -24
    13.Age Of Aquarius| PU| 1 Win| 11/8| 1 Win| -26
    14.Flying Cloud| 4th| 1 ew| 11/4| +|
    15.Bagamoyo| 7th| 1 Win| 9/1| | -27
    16.Aye Aye Digby| 11th| 1 ew| 25/1| | -29
    17.Spectait| 17th| 1 ew| 33/1| | -31
    18.Webbow| 3rd| 3 ew| 12/1| | -28
    19.Tabassum| 7th| 2 ew| 8/1| | -30
    20.Wadnaan| 5th| 1 Win| 5/1| | -31
    21.Midday| 1st| 1 Win| 9/4| | -28.75
    22.Kaldoun Kingdom| 22nd| 1 ew| 20/1| | -31.75
    23.Parisian Pyramid| 21st| 1 ew| 22/1| | -33.75
    24.Treadwell| 8th| 1 Win| 7/2| | -34.75
    25.Rumoush (No Market)| 3rd| 2 Win| ?| | -34.75
    26.Prime Exhibit| 19th| 1 ew| 33/1| | -36.75
    27.Queens Grace| 9th| 1 Win| 7/2| | -37.75
    28.Pachattack| 1st| 1 Win| 5/1| | -32.75
    29.Hen Night| 1st| 1 Win| 10/1| | -22.75
    30.Acclaimed| 2nd| 1 Win| 12/1| | -23.75
    31.Oondiri| 5th| 1 Win| 15/8| | -24.75
    32.Admirable Duque| 3rd| 1 Win| 11/1| | -25.75
    33.Desert Ben| 2nd| 1 ew| 8/1| | -24.75
    34.Come and Go| 6th| 1 ew| 10/1| | -26.75
    35.Colorus| 6th| 2 Win| 9/2| | -28.75
    36.Cheam Forever| 7th| 1 ew| 11/1| | -30.75
    37.Blue Charm| 11th| 1 ew| 12/1| | -32.75

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Chin up man, things will change for the good.

Ha! Normally you could say that things couldn't get any worse but....they could :p

Sandown 7.55

Jet Away 3pts @ 9/4 PP

I shamefully was on this one in his maiden at odds on. I try to keep clear of anything odds on but Jet Away looked good. He looks a nice horse and by Cape Cross will have plenty of speed mixed with the stamina on his damsire (got Kasbah Bliss). Looks almost Sea The Stars-ish though probably not :pac:. He beat the second and third pretty comfortably come the line that day and Queely didn't need to go for the persuader. He went 3/4 horse widths wide throughout the race and didn't have the rail to help as young inexperienced horses usually need. He's got a beautiful long stride and eats up ground. Pushed out he beat horses from the Stoute and Johnston stables who inturn went out and strengthened the form by winning on their next starts. I'm quite comfortable backing a Cecil horse that looks the part, he tends to get the most out of them and although this is a pretty good race Jet Away was still learning and ought to have much more to offer over the extra furlong seeing how he got on top in the last half furlong. I may go in again depending on how the market shapes when the other firms get involved.

Brighton 2.30

Interakt 1pt @ 9/2

Brighton is an unusual track and Epsom is the closest thing to it. Interakt went well there and I have been keeping tabs on him. This is a competitive race but he may have an edge at the track. He's won and placed here so he should go well

• Advertisement

Brighton 4.00

Phluke 1pt @ 11/2 Will Hill

Second run back this season and has won at the course in the past. Amy Scott is 25% from Eve Johnson Houghton's stable and takes 7lbs off. Phluke will be up against a horse in great form and odds on in Fire King but I'm going to take him on with Phluke 20lb lower than his last winning mark and decent prospects in ideal conditions. He's getting on but ought to still have a race in him after a decent effort first time up.

Bank: -30

Newmarket 2.35

Khor Sheed 2pts @ 5/2 PP, Bet365

Dubawi colt has reasonable form on an easy surface but many of these are totally unknown on rain softened ground. He'll have the advantage of an extra run on his most fancied rivals and Fallon taking the ride will know the horse. The step up to 7f will bring further improvement from him and these colours are carried by a couple of smart horses in the Cumani yard - Mabait and Afsare. Winner of a listed race at the track, she has the best form in the book and will give a good run for my money.

Leicester 3.50

Scamperdale 2pts @ 4/1 SportingBet

Twice a CD winner this season, he and his trainer are in form. Baughs last two runners scored at Newmarket and Catterick. He runs Scamperdale whos shot up the handicap lately and is fancied to go in again at a track he clearly has a liking for. He's not the only one who likes the track though, Baugh has a 26% SR here in the last 5 years, 38% this year attributed largely to Scamperdales success. Tom Queealy takes the ride and he's 23% with Baugh in the last 5 with +23pts LSP. Looks like a combination to keep on the right side of. Scamperdale comes out of a high draw on a right handed track and has his ideal ground conditions. Deservedly forecast as favorite and ought to oblige.

Curragh 5.15

Invincible Ash 3pts @ 6/1 PP

The going is currently Good at the Curragh but a sry night and warm temperatures tomorrow ought to dry the ground out plenty by the time the 5.15 get underway. CD winner Invincible Ash is the standout when it comes to a faster going. She won the 50k National Lottery Sweepstakes Race on Derby day and hasn't looked back. When a mare like this gets on a role theres no telling where she'll stop. Gary Carroll has had a wonderful time of it with this mare partenering her on all her turf wins to date. Many of the other runners have questions to answer such as ground and trip but there are no such worries for Invincible Ash should the ground dry out as is expected. I still haven't done a 5 pointer but this is a pretty confident selection given the generous price for a mare on a roll.

Nulty wrote: »
    Curragh 5.15

Invincible Ash 3pts @ 6/1 PP

The going is currently Good at the Curragh but a sry night and warm temperatures tomorrow ought to dry the ground out plenty by the time the 5.15 get underway. CD winner Invincible Ash is the standout when it comes to a faster going. She won the 50k National Lottery Sweepstakes Race on Derby day and hasn't looked back. When a mare like this gets on a role theres no telling where she'll stop. Gary Carroll has had a wonderful time of it with this mare partenering her on all her turf wins to date. Many of the other runners have questions to answer such as ground and trip but there are no such worries for Invincible Ash should the ground dry out as is expected. I still haven't done a 5 pointer but this is a pretty confident selection given the generous price for a mare on a roll.

Non-Runner :(

Bank: -34

Beverley 4.50

Dhan Dhana 5pts @ 5/6 Skybet

This filly looked nothing like the 2yo that was seen last year. She was run over a more suitable distance last time on her 3yo reappearance and looked far superior to anything in her handicap margin. Haggas has had a great week with 4 winners, 2 2nds and a third from 10 starters. This one is out quickly under a penalty for her 7l romp at Folkstone and she hardly looked like she was racing tghroughout the contest. She's quite an attractive filly and her action is smooth and rhythmical. I'd be suprised if she doesn't go on to win another couple after this with a very handy mark of 61 currently. I'm ready to eat my words but the moneys down and expectations are high!

Hammered! :eek:

Bounce? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

ya was watching the race,,,when does she run next or can i look this up myself by going to some site.
    cheers...

Advertisement