Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers anyone?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭

It is planned to consume one or two pints next Friday night (July 30th). Town and venue has yet to be decided but I think we can run with the majority here.

Now Im not going to put up a poll but simply ask you all to confirm if you are available to meet up next Friday night and suggest a town and a pub of your choice but please bear in mind that it should be somewhere that's reasonably central and doesn't involve others having to travel an excessive distance.

I'll keep this open till Sunday and review it then and make a decision on the exact venue based on what suits the majority of people here.

Right I'll kick this off and say the twin towns would suit me but I dont mind traveling to Letterkenny or Donegal Town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Thers a festival on in Dungloe up in the Rosses, could be worth a look?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal would suit me. Be back from Barcelona on Thursday 29th. Not sure my work hours yet for 30th but will keep in touch from Spain to see what the decision and craic is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

irish1967 wrote: »
    Donegal would suit me. Be back from Barcelona on Thursday 29th. Not sure my work hours yet for 30th but will keep in touch from Spain to see what the decision and craic is :)

"Oh no recession arond here" ;)

yeah i'll try and make it anyways if i can!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have three cans of lager here needing a home.. bought a pack to see if the collie would like it when the crowbanger was on.. But she would not indulge ( many collies enjoy a beer!!)

Hate waste and cannot take alcohol....

Maybe raffle them? Make a little for our wee babies in India!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

30th is fine with me.
    Letterkenny is the handiest, but willing to share a taxi with others.
    I think a taxi to Ballybofey is about €50/€55 return - not too bad between 3 or 4 folks.

• Advertisement

mrmac wrote: »
    30th is fine with me.
    Letterkenny is the handiest, but willing to share a taxi with others.
    I think a taxi to Ballybofey is about €50/€55 return - not too bad between 3 or 4 folks.

I'd split that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Count me in too, Ballybofey sounds like a plan, or maybe Biddies of Barnes to make it central to everyone? I have my personal taxi sorted this time (the girlfriend promised to bring me to the next one so i can join the festivities) so no need to worry about a taxi mrmac or dannie, we can lift you on the way through, and if its in biddies we could lift you too muffler....

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Count me in too, Ballybofey sounds like a plan, or maybe Biddies of Barnes to make it central to everyone? I have my personal taxi sorted this time (the girlfriend promised to bring me to the next one so i can join the festivities) so no need to worry about a taxi mrmac or dannie, we can lift you on the way through, and if its in biddies we could lift you too muffler....
    I can see a plan coming together here :D

Nice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

30th July in Ballybofey would have been perfect except that I'll not be in Ireland this summer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

deman wrote: »
    30th July in Ballybofey would have been perfect except that I'll not be in Ireland this summer :(
    what has you in Suomi?

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    what has you in Suomi?

My bad! Must learn to read! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    what has you in Suomi?

Wife, kids, job...etc.... same old same old...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Alas, another beers I'll miss. :(

Enjoy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

yep twintowns l/kenny donegaltown

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I like beer-but himself is off on tour again, leaving me with dog and child:(

Is this gonna be the friday of the bank holiday?

danniemcq wrote: »
    Is this gonna be the friday of the bank holiday?

If it goes ahead ya it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'd love to say i'll be there, but fri and sat nights i always work, but never say never;)

If it goes ahead ya it will be.

Balls I do believe i'll be on tory :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Im in anyways, anywhere suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Harps a playing Derry in Ballybofey next Friday so their will be a buzz around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Mmmm! sounds like craic, maybe i'll make it , I'm going to a function in letterkenny earlier but I might get to the twin-towns in time .Any particular pub in mind or is it a "crawl"?

Right. Ballybofey it is. Say about 9 or so. That would leave us there before the crowd comes out of Finn park.

Does anyone have a particular pub in mind - music or no music?

muffler wrote: »
    Right. Ballybofey it is. Say about 9 or so. That would leave us there before the crowd comes out of Finn park.

Does anyone have a particular pub in mind - music or no music?

I'm not bothered either way, you know that area better than anyone, no biddy's then? :(

We can indeed make it Biddy's if everyone's happy enough with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I can't make this as it's wifey's birthday and I'll be at a nice restaurant in Derry.

A quick roll call and a final decision on venue.

So far the following have said they would be turning up:
    muffler
    mrmac
    homer simpson
    .17hmr
    North_West_Art

And "maybe" from irish1967 and puffdragon.

I think danniemcq cant make it.

We can meet say in Bonners corner bar at 9 or if everyone wants we can meet in Biddy's at 9.

Can we get a few replies just to nail this down now please.

+1 for biddys, just think it'd be better as regards crowds too with the game ect being on, but bonnors will do grand if people prefear there!

• Advertisement

+1 for biddys, just think it'd be better as regards crowds too with the game ect being on, but bonnors will do grand if people prefear there!

I'll go wherever you're going, seeing as I'm getting a lift! :D

I'll leave it up to ye, although I think it may be better to stay in Bonners, as Biddys could be a bit quite. I have no idea what it's like there on a Friday night???

Advertisement