Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the longest you have played a game in one sitting?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I think the most I've managed is 6 odd hours on either GTA: Vice City or Civ 4. However, recently, I've been tempted to try a 24 hour marathon on Oblivion just to see the game out (been playing it on and off for 4 years!). It's one of the few games I could play for that length of time without going nuts. When it was first released gamespot (I think) streamed 24 hours of gameplay.

Anyone else managed a similar binge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Around 18 hours playing LMA Manager 2003...crazily addictive **** right there. Don't regret any second of it, because it was a great game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

9 hours on civ 4 is my record (at least what i can remember!).

but at a lan i think there was a game of supcom where everyone was evenly matched that lasted well into the night.

playing alot of football manager lately, never took note of how long at a time but i would say close to 9 hours too at one sitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

A good 16 hours at FM 2009 with AFC Wimbledon, did an auld all-nighter. I can't get into FM 2010 that much, though.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Finshed Modern Warfare 2 single player in one session needless to say I was not impressed.(I know COD Campaigns are short but it was Short of a lot more than new ideas).Played Red Dead,Mass Effect & FIFA 10 for more than 6 hours in one go.Mass Effect caused my 360 to get RROD for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

2 friends and myself did 22 hours of Football Manager a few months back......we coined the phrase 'FM hangover' after it. Never again, it felt worse than a night on the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I did a World of Warcraft all nighter once in college. Started playing at around 3pm, then stopped at around noon the following day. There was plenty of beer and pizza thrown in there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

C&C RA2 for about 14 hours.

Cyber cafe in town used to do a deal, 8 quid for an all nighter with your mates

Epic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The cousin and I went 13 hours playing Conflict Desert Storm 2 on Co-op, finished 2 difficulty modes and hopped into bed at 9 for an hours sleep before going swimming lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pretty sure I've done 20hr sessions in my youth, dunno on what though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Longest I think was resident evil2 played it through over one night so about 9hours maybe.

Good times!!

Regret it never!

I've sat down and down 3 to 4 hours at a time with hour or so breaks and going back to games.

Being awhile since Ive done an all night session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

played tekken 5 with a few pals for about 8 hours once, good craic. the guys that werent playing re-enacted the fights in real time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

About 18 hours or so with Vice City when it finally came out on the PC
    Had it 100% completed a few days later:p

These days, the longest I seem to play for is 3-4 hours tops

• Registered Users Posts: 33,778 ✭✭✭✭Penn

About 11 hours on Metal Gear Solid 3. Came close on MGS4 too, about 9.5 hours

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Back in my youth I could play Civ 1 for anything up to 7 or 8 hours, nothing too special but this was back when marathon gaming sessions where an unknown event.

More recently I could do Company of Heroes for 8 or 9 hours. Crazy going to bed when the birds are chirping as the sun creeps over the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Without moving from my seat about 12 hours, Football Manager, Managing Southampton. Came 2 in the league. The following day discovered that there was a glitch in the game that made all youth team player Wonderkids after a year with a player coaches. i had swaped 4 youth team players for joe cole. West ham won the league with an average age of 19. still maked me mad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did a few 8 hour stints on RPGs during dull weekends. I did take breaks though, nothing too excessive. Have pulled a few all nighters at lans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

done a 24 hour race in Gran Turismo 4 on PS2 a few years back played it in one sitting only taking a break to use the toilet and eat (not at the same time)
    When I completed the race I turned off the PS2 went into the bathroom
    and was violently sick, I slept for 20 hours afterwards so needless to say this was the last time I attempted anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

17 hours Metal gear solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

delly wrote: »
    More recently I could do Company of Heroes for 8 or 9 hours. Crazy going to bed when the birds are chirping as the sun creeps over the horizon.

yea, you know you've been playing games too long, when you go to bed, turn off the light, and it doesnt get any darker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The one that sticks most in the mind was the release weekend of GTA3 on PS2. Had 2 mates over at around 7pm on a Saturday night. We were supposed to go out but just got so wrapped up in the game we were still sayin "one more lash" at around 2am. That went on until 7am the next morning! We still smile about it to this day cause its something none of us ever does.

Im pretty sure Ive equalled if not bettered that playing various iterations of Pro Evo Soccer over the years too. Did many a 6pm to 2am session with my flatmate in college. (Co-op Master League, alot of it spent poring over stat screens arguing about which players to buy for our relegation threatened team!) Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

delly wrote: »
    Crazy going to bed when the birds are chirping as the sun creeps over the horizon.

fbfallnightgamer.jpg

I have played Oblivion until looking out at the garden, everything had the same golden bloom, like the visuals in the game, not a good sign..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Doom 2 deathmatches in college. We started one around lunchtime and finished up after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

37 hour session of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Damn I slept after that one......

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

13 hours on Borderlands with two other guys. Definitely the highlight of the game: it just went downhill from there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

18 hours on GTA Vice City when it came out on PS2 was probably the longest single session I've had on anything. Have played lots of 8 - 10 hour sessions of various things at LANs or at all-nighters in Cafés as Tallon above mentioned. I remember a 13 hour session playing American McGee's Alice when that came out in the back office of Nethouse with Shad0r and then going to see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in the cinema. The brain was in a *very* strange place after all that :D Don't think I'd be fit for such things now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

Played Fallout 3 for 15 hours when it came out, what a game. I think I played Final Fantasy 8 for around the same or maybe a bit less one weekend when it was lashing rain and theres was nothing else to do.

Ever play a game long enough and you go to sleep and have mental visuals in your dreams, like the garbage you'd get resetting an old school arcade game.

I remember having a heavy Raiden II session in MAME and the dreams were rather energetic Raiden visuals. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Amalgam wrote: »
    I remember having a heavy Raiden II session in MAME and the dreams were rather energetic Raiden visuals. :)

Not sure how you managed that, Raiden 2 isn't emulated through mame. The main screen glitches then crashes.

Hmm, red logo, Raiden..? Might have been the first one.

No. I just checked YouTube, seems to have been Raiden II.

• Advertisement

Strange, Raiden 2 is the big one people want to get working on Mame but nobody has cracked the enctryption code to get it emulated properly. I might have been Raiden 1 then?? I was wondering because I would love to play it again and thought it might have been emulated now.

Advertisement