Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the longest you have played a game in one sitting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

26 and a half hours.

I completed Red Dead Redemption and Gears of war 2 during that time.

I regret nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Fallout 3 for me, probably about 10 hrs straight. Used to just play all weekend. Used to play Team Fortress all night a few years ago too - could be a close one between the two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I also remember an epic session the day Oblivion came out. Myself and a flat mate played it for a good 15 hours, and then had a look at how differently we had played the game. Was really cool to see just how different his character was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when i was a child I'd spend 12-14 hours playing mario kart on the snes, these days I tend to get bored after 5 or 6 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

A 14 hour Medieval Total War bing including a real time battle against the Mongols and then the army remnants. There were about 25k of them afair and it took a looong time to grind them down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

22 hours of Championship Manager 97/98
    Probably my best team ever created with Barcelona. Not a single real player left in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I feel like a lightweight compared to other guys in the thread. lol.

My longest session was about 3 hours straight..then stop playing for an hour... then another 2-3 hours.

Only did that on Metal Gear Solid 2 back in March 2002.
    Ha. I'll always remember I bought it 9.10am on the friday morning. By 12.50am (sunday morning/saturday night) I completed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

um 36 or so hours finishing final fantasy vii in one sittin for a dare. i rang my mate after at like 5 in the morning doing a take the piss of what neil armstrong said on the moon landing "giant leap for nerd kind"
    got a taste for it after and have since finished both crono trigger (27 hours) and secret of mana (20 hours). ive stayed up at a few lans for 30 hours or so as well and then getting like 4 hours of sleep and back into it. I really wanna finish another RPG in one sitting again just to see if I can do it still

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

think i've done ~20-24 hour stints on Risen & Oblivion, far too entertaining >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

On days off, my standard sessions can last 4-8 hours easily.

If we are including a few breaks for tea, food, piss etc....then the longest would probably be a few 30+'s on TF2 / BF2 and Mohaa...thats when I used to skip college :P

More recently, probably 14 hours Rock Band jobby, Cramps the next day :P....we needed 2 bottles of vodka to fight through teh pain :P,,,my mate was worse..as he had 14 hours of drumming :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

36 hours or so, when Darkfall first came out. Booked 2 weeks off work the release. Good times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jazzy wrote: »
    I really wanna finish another RPG in one sitting again just to see if I can do it still

I challenge you to Persona 3. 80-120 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Die Sieddler (original settlers game, German version) or Populous, both on the Amiga for me, spent too much time playing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

about 20 hours playing Total Annihilation against my brothers. we'd nearly have someone wiped out but then someone would make an alliance and saved the player that was about to be destroyed. kept going on until someone finally had enough units to completely wipe out everyone.
    more recently about 16 hours playing SW: Empire At War/Conflict in Space. space battles are coool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Yeah, I remember going deep into the night and finishing Portal all in one go. All 3 hours of it!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Anyone know if there's a world record?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Guinness World Records says it's for 50 hours.

HOWEVER, that was a team rotation, so I will discount it.
    The true people's champion is Desert Bus for Hope who not only managed a playtime of 5 Days, 16 Hours last time around, but also managed to raise $140,449 for the children's charity Child's Play.
    Also they were playing the world's worst game.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

The true people's champion is Desert Bus for Hope who not only managed a playtime of 5 Days, 16 Hours last time around, but also managed to raise $140,449 for the children's charity Child's Play.

Without me having to go to the website and search for facts (lazy)
    Can you elaborate on this ? how many people...was it rotation...1 person...and what was the worst game ?

Oh..the game is called Desert Bus ? haha...just read in the FAQ

I FAIL :(

I thought it was a tour bus...a literal bus...and thye drove accross america playing games on it..don't ask me why I thought that :( ...just seen the youtube vids.

"goes to research the game"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

18hours on CSS, I actually played it 12hrs a day average for a solid 2 months. Unemployment makes you do strange things

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

pdbhp wrote: »
    done a 24 hour race in Gran Turismo 4 on PS2 a few years back played it in one sitting only taking a break to use the toilet and eat (not at the same time)
    When I completed the race I turned off the PS2 went into the bathroom
    and was violently sick, I slept for 20 hours afterwards so needless to say this was the last time I attempted anything like that.

really? Maybe my 24 hour self-challenge ain't such a good idea so....

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Come to think of it I've done some 24+ hour sessions at lans or all-nighters.. not bad in itself, but at high frequency over a 7 or 8 year period

Even scarier I managed to clock up 130 days on just one roleplaying game in college, whilst finding time for all those lans and ****e - such a complete and utter waste - christ it was great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Stingerbar wrote: »

Even scarier I managed to clock up 130 days on just one roleplaying game in college, whilst finding time for all those lans and ****e - such a complete and utter waste - christ it was great

what game?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

bout 16 hours with a few friends playing football manager 2009. We made it to the end of October and then I fell asleep at the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Something like 6-8 hours playing Resident evil and GTA.
    So damn addictive,I've been playing GTA since I was like 6!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Slighty off topic but i did watch season 1 of 24 in one sitting.

I put in 13hors one day on Championship Manager 3. Damn that Roma team where sh1t hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Why would you discount it, it doesn't say it was a rotation, it just says that they all sat down and played together for 50 hours, "started off as rivals"...

In my understanding of the article, they have all played for 50 hours each.

Advertisement