Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Matures get the LM094 - Bachelor of Technology (Education) in Materials and Archi

• 23-07-2010 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

re; LM094 - Bachelor of Technology (Education) in Materials and Architectural Technology

just wondering did anyone complete this course within the last two years or are doing so at the moment. would appreciate some advice on how it went for mature students going back to UL to do this course.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Hi, I just came across your post, I am after applying for this course for this year and was looking for information on the interview and how the course is? Did you get into the course in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 endars200

Hi,
    How are you? .. I did get into the course and am currently near the end of my 3rd year. As regards the interview, be well prepared for questions regarding the subjects you will be teaching, they'll want to know why you want to teach and what you can bring to a classroom that is different to the many others also sitting the interview, prior experience in some area of working with kids or teaching, i.e. summer camps, scouts, homework clubs can be a big help, I myself went into a second level school for a few weeks shadowing a teacher just to be sure i was making the right decision in going back. The course itself is a full time one, and is tough but very enjoyable.
    All the best with it.

I'm doing fine, Great to hear your in your 3rd year already. Was there many people interviewing you? how long was it and was it fairly serious or more like an informal chat? Is there many mature spots in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 endars200

There are 3 - 4 people on the interview panel, ya i would say personally it is fairly serious. As regards the number of mature applications, it could be over 100, i really have no idea, but in my year they took on 9 of us. That could have changed.

Sounds like they'll be putting me on trial? :D ya so anything else you think I might need to know? I just hope I get called for the interview. I'm happy with my application but it can be a differant story sitting infront of them. Is Anthony Rynne on the panel? He seems like a serious guy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

akira336 wrote: »
    Is Anthony Rynne on the panel? He seems like a serious guy?
    He takes his job seriously but he's a very agreeable and easy guy to get on with if you show a proper interest.

Ah thats good. Really hope I get onto this course, thanks for the information

Advertisement