Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infinite variety

Options
  • 23-07-2010 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Fascinating to see all the varieties of dogs passing the stall in summer.

Two Wheaten terriers; can they SEE through all that "wool"? Oh yes, they have long eyelashes that hold the fur away from their eyes...amazing... One was a Champion too..

A pair of Japanese Spitz.. beautifully groomed.

A tiny twinkletoes of a Pomeranian.

And as I left a friend's house,a white GSD puppy loose bounded to me and leaped up.

No recall.... cars passing.

When the owner approached, the dog took off.. " He's a great galoot of a dog.." the man opined..

A husky pup passes each week.. Glorious dog..

Learning all the while...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

It's so hard to believe they're all so closely related and look so different. And when you think of breeds of cats, they're all much the same size, look pretty similar, compared to how dogs are so different anyway.

Two girls in my college brought their dogs in one day, a basset hound and a greyhound, and they were sitting next to each other, and it was so hard to believe they're both from the same group of dogs, but couldn't be more different. :)

I don't think it's a good thing that some animals are bred to extremes, or badly bred to create new breeds or to make the breed "better" etc., but I love the different breeds of animals and find it so interesting.

Advertisement