Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Halo Reach: Forge world

• 23-07-2010 8:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Can you imagine what people are going to make with this? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeah, hella excited, made a thread in the Halo boards area.
    So good.
    The pictures of some of the new maps are great too, w00t for Ivory Tower!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks far better than Halo 3's forge which was a terrible excuse for a level editor. However would it kill them to include a full level editor instead of this? Farcry Instincts did it last gen and Farcry 2 had a really good one. Until it's a full level editor it's still a bit limited.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It looks pretty impressive for a console level editor, but given you have to use a controller, it will just be too awkward. Don't see why they can't release some of these level editing / game customising things online in the way that EA does with the likes of the Skate Graphics editor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks good. Wouldnt mind giving it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

wow looks epic, reminds me of that coast level in the first game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Kharn wrote: »
    It looks pretty impressive for a console level editor, but given you have to use a controller, it will just be too awkward.
    Considering the crazy (& great) maps that were made with Halo 3's forge I have to disagree on that point, especially with the degree switching now.

As for a full map editor like Far Cry 2, that's not really possible due to how Bungie's engine works.

To me, this is far and beyond what I expected, the only thing I really hope Bungie gets right, is the integration of the awesome community maps into matchmaking. It's key.

Advertisement