Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accommodation first year GMIT

• 23-07-2010 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm going into first year in GMIT dublin road campus in september, was wondering if anyone had advice on the best student accommodation to go for. Which one is kind of inbetween GMIT and galway city and good for people who don't know anyone? Thanks

Comments

If youre a first year, and as you said, don't know anyone,
    I would recommend Glasan.

http://www.glasan.com/

It is the best craic ever, && by the end of the year, you'll know everyone.

It isint anywhere near town though, but there are buses that go every 15 mins so, its not that bad like.

(Oh btw, just to let you know, the accomodation itself is very basic, and the likelyhood of ever getting your deposit back is slim to none. Don't let that put you off though. (: )

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blue Badger

can't say much about glasan, but I did stay in gleann na ri last year. The accommodation was alright but its the distance to the college thats the nuisance. Its only about a 10min walk but thats a long way when its raining in winter, or when you have to go back for something you've forgotten for class. because of which I'm going to glasan this year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I stayed in Glasan last year. I'd recommend staying there for first year coz it's so close to the college and it's mostly first years. Very loud though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

(Oh btw, just to let you know, the accomodation itself is very basic, and the likelyhood of ever getting your deposit back is slim to none. Don't let that put you off though. (: )

The SU had to get involved last yr over the non return of deposits,,, not funny.

Advertisement