Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shag happy dogs.... Grrrrr

Options
  • 23-07-2010 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭

I have one of those dogs that other dogs seem to find very shaggable! He's neutered but ever since he was a pup certain dogs like to hump him. I found it funny in the beginning, now it's just boring and very inconsiderate of the owners not to neuter their dogs.

It happened again yesterday and I threw my lead at the offending dog. He moved away but his owner rushed towards me shouting 'don't you hit my dog!' I told him to get his dog neutered but he said it was ' an accident'. He then started shouting abuse at me.

What is acceptable behaviour when trying to get another dog 'off' your dog?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I guess trying to push them off, but not hitting in any way. It would be different if the other dogs were attacking your dog.

It must be really annoying though.

Maybe people with unneutered dogs shouldn't let them go off lead in public. What if your dog was an unneutered female, and you'd have every right to take her for a walk on the lead without unneutered male dogs running over.

Or if they met another unneutered male and started a fight, which could easily happen.

If dogs will just run up to other dogs, then they shouldn't really be off lead anyway, even if they're really friendly, because the dog on the lead could start a fight, but it'd be the fault of the person who left their dog run off the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

sex-panther-cologne.jpg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Our Sindy is the same, I'm always pulling dogs off her. I think her big bushy tail is the equivalent of big boobs in the dog world ;-) It is very annoying but she is getting better and nipping the offenders. Thankfully she is neutered so we won't have pups but they could still damage her.
    The owners of the un-neutered dogs always seem to think it's funny, in all fairness it is just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

It is prob more of a dominance thing. May have nothing to do with the other dogs being neutered or not. SOunds a right pain though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Padjo1981 wrote: »
    It is prob more of a dominance thing. May have nothing to do with the other dogs being neutered or not. SOunds a right pain though
    +1

I know of neutered dogs that dominance hump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Dead right yeah, Ive 2 bitches and 1 tried to dominate the other at first by mounting her. Doesnt always mean sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our guy used to be the same because he was so shy. After going to dog daycare a few times he got more confident and it doesn't happen anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

ha viper_jb, i like it! :D

Advertisement