Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in Holycross?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Can anyone help me,i've heard there is a fantastic restaurant in Holycross but can't seem to find anything on the net.

Does anyone know the name of it or what kind of food it serves????

Any help is appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Parkers is prob the one you are looking for, food pretty good a tad expensive.

Glasheen is the pub in the village and do nice grub during the day,

a couple of minutes outside the village is "Borna" which has O'gormans - pub with nice lunch and the "Wytichwayinn" which is pub and restaraunt (most eat in the restaraunt during day as much nicer setting) doing nice good value lunches and a good (more expensive) nite time menu, (both pubs do a €10.95/€11 two course lunch)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

macjohn wrote: »
    Parkers is prob the one you are looking for, food pretty good a tad expensive.

Glasheen is the pub in the village and do nice grub during the day,

a couple of minutes outside the village is "Borna" which has O'gormans - pub with nice lunch and the "Wytichwayinn" which is pub and restaraunt (most eat in the restaraunt during day as much nicer setting) doing nice good value lunches and a good (more expensive) nite time menu, (both pubs do a €10.95/€11 two course lunch)

Thanks for that,I think it might be the Wytchway Inn i'm looking for,I was told there is a place in Borna thats meant to be really nice and reasonable too,so that must be it! Its for a night time meal, would you recommend it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Parker's do a midweek set menu price, 30 quid for 3-course meal with tea/coffee, that is excellent. It's really the best place in the Thurles area for a nice meal out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 radagast

would you mind adding that to openstreetmap? should make it easier for those of us passing through to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Thanks for that,I think it might be the Wytchway Inn i'm looking for,I was told there is a place in Borna thats meant to be really nice and reasonable too,so that must be it! Its for a night time meal, would you recommend it? :)

How did you get on after? I haven't been logged in recently so didn't catch your reply.

Prob a personal preference but always preferred Sous le Vent (before the fire!!) and Mitchell House to Parkers, (always felt Parkers were somehow trying less or someit because it was a cheaper menu) with all of them grand but none spectacular. Suppose the area doesn't have the population to sustain a really good place. A big step up in price to Inch House and Kinnanes in Upperchurch - where the food is lovely but a bit expensive and can be very rich/heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

macjohn wrote: »
    How did you get on after? I haven't been logged in recently so didn't catch your reply.

Prob a personal preference but always preferred Sous le Vent (before the fire!!) and Mitchell House to Parkers, (always felt Parkers were somehow trying less or someit because it was a cheaper menu) with all of them grand but none spectacular. Suppose the area doesn't have the population to sustain a really good place. A big step up in price to Inch House and Kinnanes in Upperchurch - where the food is lovely but a bit expensive and can be very rich/heavy.

Got on great food was lovely,i've never been so stuffed...atmosphere was lovely...It was quiet for a Sat night but nice and relaxing! I think we are going to try Inch House next time we are down around that area...Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Got on great food was lovely,i've never been so stuffed...atmosphere was lovely...It was quiet for a Sat night but nice and relaxing! I think we are going to try Inch House next time we are down around that area...Thanks :)

Inch house is excellent!

You may pay a little above the ordinary but more than worth it

Advertisement