Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was going on outside the Burnaby last night?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hey, got back to the dart station from town last night. Not sure what time dart as I had enjoyed a tipple after work ;). Anyway, it was about 12 ish. There were 3 police cars outside the Burnaby and about 20 - 30 people standing around outside.
    It didn't look like they were causing any trouble or anything. Anybody any idea what was going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭woodsy2

Yeah I was cycling past at the time, There was an empty 184 stopped that drove off soon after. If i had to make a wild guess i'd say some people were drinking on the bus and got kicked off or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i heard someones whistle had been swiped off the bar while the lights were being flashed for last orders. It's possibly not true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

dr ro wrote: »
    i heard someones whistle had been swiped off the bar while the lights were being flashed for last orders. It's possibly not true though.

'fuppin backstards'....but seriously a whistle? did it belong to the station master or the policeman? Did the bus driver feel left out or something :D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

dr ro wrote: »
    astrofluff wrote: »
    'fuppin backstards'....but seriously a whistle? did it belong to the station master or the policeman? Did the bus driver feel left out or something :D

:rolleyes:

I was trying to be nosy. I never said there wasn't anything bad going on...

On a serious note, I believe the Gardaí are bringing in a helicopter to deal with this crime wave.

************random Father Ted quote************
    Father Dougal: I know! Well lure them into a giant bingo game!
    Father Ted: And how are we going to do that?
    Father Dougal: We'll print up some bingo cards on our printing press and... oh.
    Father Ted: Yes, it's the lack of a printing press that lets us down there. Or bingo balls. Or a PA system. Or in fact, any bingo paraphernalia at all.
    Father Dougal: Damn. So near, yet so far.

Advertisement