Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMFG the cheek!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

91011 wrote: »
    Pity good old decent customer service doesn't exist in these places anymore.

Tbh, only a manager could have done the above, who knows, if a manager was called, there could have been fantastic customer service - unfortunately, the OP did walk out instead of asking for someone in a managerial role. That said, it was as much the fault of the desk staff for not calling a manager down immediately.

Tbh, I think the painter was only trying to help, he could well have put the signs up, maybe he didn't - Who knows. He's not going to be used to having to dealing with that sort of situation, and was obviously rather uncomfortable, hence the 'not looking in the eyes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Tbh, only a manager could have done the above, who knows, if a manager was called, there could have been fantastic customer service - unfortunately, the OP did walk out instead of asking for someone in a managerial role. That said, it was as much the fault of the desk staff for not calling a manager down immediately.

Tbh, I think the painter was only trying to help, he could well have put the signs up, maybe he didn't - Who knows. He's not going to be used to having to dealing with that sort of situation, and was obviously rather uncomfortable, hence the 'not looking in the eyes'.

As I said earlier the lady at Information rang the manager and he told her to tell me to get it cleaned and give them the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Tbh, only a manager could have done the above

And that's why retail is not what it should be - staff should be empowered to make decisions up to a certain level which are beneficial to the company they work in.

If you give them the responsibility, most of them will respond in a positive manner.

Advertisement