Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often to get exterior walls of house painted

• 23-07-2010 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering is there an average period that you shoul dusually get the exterior walls on your house repainted?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

depends really,

on weather, proximity to trees, your neighbours house.

basically if you have a white house you will not notice it needs to be repainted until you neighbour paints his house .

so i would generally say 5-7 years to avoid it looking shabby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

I would think every three years, no longer and nearly two now with the bad weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I would think every three years, no longer and nearly two now with the bad weather.
    three years sounds about right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just another quesry folks but how much would you expect to pay for getting the exterior side and rear wall on an end terrcae house painted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

I was pricing painters a while back and most of them were €100 per day without paint.

Im getting 3 bed semi x 2 coats, front door, revels and plints, porch and decking done for €650 which includes paint. Im happy with that :)

p.s i have my own bottle of oil for decking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

gaz wac wrote: »
    I was pricing painters a while back and most of them were €100 per day without paint.

Im getting 3 bed semi x 2 coats, front door, revels and plints, porch and decking done for €650 which includes paint. Im happy with that :)

Wow that is really good.

Advertisement