Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPad

1262728293032»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I find not being able to get the refund after a quick try of a paid app very prohibitive on iOS. People probably don’t try as many apps because you don’t really know what you’re getting before shelling out. Not sure why there’s so few reviews on the App Store compared to Google Play too.

You can get a refund if you’re not happy with an app? At least you could until recently, has it changed?

whiterebel wrote: »
    You can get a refund if you’re not happy with an app? At least you could until recently, has it changed?

I never seen a way to do it. It would be great if it was possible. Do you have to jump through hoops contacting the developer or is it time dependent like Google?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I never seen a way to do it. It would be great if it was possible. Do you have to jump through hoops contacting the developer or is it time dependent like Google?

There was a "report a problem" link on the purchase invoice I get from iTunes. It was €50+, and I knew almost straight away that it wasn't what I was looking for. I completed the report a problem and was refunded back in a couple of days.

Doge wrote: »
    What are your interests besides games?

Art set pro is an amazingly easy to use and organic art app if you like digital painting or drawing or even just doodling for fun.
    There's a free version that's called merely "Art Set".

And a new more complicated but powerful product called Art Set 4.

It's simulation of materials is incredible

This is great btw, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

This is great btw, cheers.

Which version did you go with?

If you find any good CAD apps for iOS let me know as I'm doing CAD at the moment.

I've only used the official autocad app on my phone for viewing.

I wonder if any good 3d modelling apps exist also.

• Advertisement

There’s a brilliant one called Shapr3D but it’s a solid fortune for the subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

There’s a brilliant one called Shapr3D but it’s a solid fortune for the subscription.

Just thought I'd share this bargain with you as it may come in handy for the Art Set app.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193230481536

It's a brush stylus with retractable bristles that is meant to give a good brush feel and comes with a digital painting dvd.

They're probably offloading stock at the moment because they were £35 for one before today, I was keeping an eye for a bargain a while now.

It also has the usual rubber nib on the opposite side.

Just use parcel wizard / motel / address pal to get the free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cmred

Hi, been trying to get the scrabble app added to my iPad with no joy. Any ideas? Thankyou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

What problem are you having?

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/scrabble-go-new-word-game/id1215933788

Does it not download for you or what?

Hi, it says , yiyr account is not valid in the Maltese store. ?

• Advertisement

And are you in Malta? Or using a VPN?

I'm in Dublin.vpn? Sorry not techie and don't know where to change location to Ireland

Checked the region, states Ireland . Vpn is off

It could be that you are in the wrong region in the App Store, I’m not sure.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201389

Have a read of this and see what you think.

Edit: wait? You’re saying you checked the region and it's Ireland? I don’t know what’s happening then sorry. :(

Will other apps download for you? Words With Friends is very similar to Scrabble.

Advertisement