Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selected/Homme Somewhere in Dublin?

• 23-07-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just a quick question, I got a pair of trousers and I can't remember at all where I got them (this is only about 3 weeks ago:o), had a look at the tag and it says "selected/homme". Anyway, I like them and wouldn't mind getting another pair (as they'll probably be destroyed after a few days work that I do). I'm pretty sure it was in Dundrum shopping centre, one of the shops there. If anyone has a clue, would appreciate any input :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

I've bought shirts for my OH in Jack and Jones and they have that "Selected" label. Unfortunately most Jack and Jones are closed now...well they are in Cork anyway. Not sure what other shop stocks that brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

Jack & Jones is the place to go alright, most of their stuff is muck IMO but selected garments can be quite sharp looking I find.
    www.selected.dk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the replies, however even though there is a Jack and Jones shop in Dundrum and I was even in there that day, I'm almost certain I didn't buy anything there! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I got a selected/femme top in BT2 yesterday, so maybe they will have some of the homme variety?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ur2008

Selected Homme is based in Arnotts down the basement:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i always thought selected/homme was related to vera mode? when i worked in an sample sale store we used to get loads of both together.

sorry this post is unhelpful :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

i always thought selected/homme was related to vera mode? when i worked in an sample sale store we used to get loads of both together.

sorry this post is unhelpful :p

It's because Vera Moda / Jack & Jones / Vila / Selected are all owned by the same company 'Bestseller'.

OP smaller clothes shops can also stock these Bestseller brands (well they can where I live), so don't rule out the possibility that you bought them in a smaller retailer

Thanks again for the replies, yup, I'm still at a loss. Don't think it was arnotts, don't even think there is an arnotts in dundrum, now I'm not even sure if it was Dundrum! I'm pretty sure it was though :) Might take a wander back in and have a look!

Went back to Dundrum anyway and I'm still at a loss. Went to a few shops I thought it could have been but nope, not a thing. :o

Advertisement