Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get to post office to collect dole

• 23-07-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine injured themselves quite badly last weekend and is now stuck in Dublin. The last day to collect their dole is today, but the post office is in the country. I've tried contacting their local welfare office but they never answer the phone.

So, my question is, if he gets a note from the hospital explaining the situation, would he be able to get the payment reissued when he gets back home? I'm assuming he won't lose the payment entirely. What would happen if he was stuck in hospital, for example?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I'm only guessing.. but if he can't make it to the post office he's not entitled to the dole because he's not able to seek employment. He should claim sick pay instead!

I'd imagine there's a way around everything. If it's a country post office there's a good chance they know your friend, so why doesn't he send someone in his place to explain the situation? They might be able to hold the payment for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

If the payment isn't collected, they will need to go in to their office and explain why they were unable to collect it.

It normally takes 2 weeks about to expire and once it has it can be reissued.

Ideally they should claim disability if they are unable to seek work but if it is very short term it will probably be ok.

Tell them to have a letter from a Dr saying they are fit and able to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 skp120

I'm on welfare payments for the past year, I couldn't make it to collect a payment one week (I was poorly too) and the PO gave my aunt a slip to bring home to me..it basically said I give permission to ____ to collect my welfare payment and you just sign it and date it.

Advertisement