Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

'2 words, can't defend martin'
    'thats 3 words'
    'ahhh, martin! yeahhh'

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

"one of the clichés we try to avoid saying but going to see West Ham play,under the lights"

ITS BROAD DAYLIGHT

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SeantheMan wrote: »
    This is exact same as the Fifa World Cup tutorial

True but not everyone has played the world cup game :rolleyes:

Axwell wrote: »
    True but not everyone has played the world cup game :rolleyes:

Anyone with any sense would realise they effectively have the game in Fifa 10 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Heard demo is out in American PS3 store tomorrow at some stage. Not sure how true that is though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyone with any sense would realise they effectively have the game in Fifa 10 :p

True apart from a few changes here and there, although the keeper AI was improved a lot in it compared to 10.

I'd also like to see the return of penalties for fouls from standing tackles in the box,completely gone in '10,some of the fouls committed are ridiculous and never penalised.

Also would be cool to see different referees making different decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I'd also like to see the return of penalties for fouls from standing tackles in the box,completely gone in '10,some of the fouls committed are ridiculous and never penalised.

Also would be cool to see different referees making different decisions.

That was in WC so it should be in 11

NTMK wrote: »
    That was in WC so it should be in 11

Splendid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Andy, what do you make of this modern day football?

• Advertisement

Lamposts wrote: »
    Andy, what do you make of this modern day football?
    RageFace.jpg

Axwell wrote: »

Looks like virtual pro will be real good this year.

I also think heading needs looking at (may have been fixed in world cup?).

I think it's a bit silly how defenders win 90% of headers in ridiculous circumstances.
    I've won headers with Scott Parker going up against Peter Crouch,and time after time I see Carlton Cole beaten to the ball by tiny full backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I’ll be revealing more about online Clubs improvements in the near future

awh come on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

looks like we'll have to customize our pros for whatever role their playin in clubs, that could be cool. If nothing else it'll keep people in their positions

Came across this last night....

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/5124.page (none of the threads are working now though :S)

In short it contains game play footage of 11, it shows even with personality+ that just about all players can pull of ridicules passes. This mainly refers to the angle being over 90 degrees ( even up as far as 160 when a player passes it the opposite direction that he's facing)

It also shows how the new indicator on the power bar(when you make a pass a mark comes up to show the point where the pass would have being perfectly weighted) doesn't seem to make a difference as overhit/underhit passes are still finding the target with min' difficulty.

Bit worrying really, i was hoping players would be punished for playing like clowns..... so far it wouldn't seem that way

looks like we'll have to customize our pros for whatever role their playin in clubs, that could be cool. If nothing else it'll keep people in their positions

Yeah, I'll be playing in the be a focking beast role anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

bigred100 wrote: »
    Heard demo is out in American PS3 store tomorrow at some stage. Not sure how true that is though.

lies . . . Didn't see it there today. Only fifa 10 demo...

So when is the demo meant to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    lies . . . Didn't see it there today. Only fifa 10 demo...

Well the American PSN hasnt been updated yet, so whether it is out today or not we won't find out til later.

They are advertising that they are putting in player likeness with regards to body and so on . I am kinda screwed being a blackburn fan as they have yet to master Skin tone's and hair of Blackburn players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

They are advertising that they are putting in player likeness with regards to body and so on . I am kinda screwed being a blackburn fan as they have yet to master Skin tone's and hair of Blackburn players.

Try being a LOI supporter! I'm delighted if any Rovers players can get a shot on target. It's a bit ridiculous I must say!

Sounds very positive, a little dissapointed you can't play practice matches online. People always play completely different against the AI then they will online, so it won't be much of a help when trying out new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

what time is the demo out at tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Facebook account and Fifa superstars game required to play as Arsenal in the demo.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/4437.page

Parawind wrote: »
    Sounds very positive, a little dissapointed you can't play practice matches online. People always play completely different against the AI then they will online, so it won't be much of a help when trying out new players.

Sure they couldn't beat the World XI on legendary either so I think practice matches will be good. They'll be handy for getting accomplishments together and learning each others style of play etc. Also we'll set up a reserve squad so we can trial new players against us in a unranked match or something. Just gotta make sure we don't get too many crap players this year. God knows we've had our fair share of them. Kirk should be joining the club this year as well so we'll have a strong squad.

Kirk should be joining the club this year as well so we'll have a strong squad.

Good to hear, and i'm sure we'll get some other good new players that didn't play clubs in FIFA 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

God knows we've had our fair share of them.

Not me of course :pac:

Even if I tend to get foward a ''bit'' too much.

Parawind wrote: »
    Good to hear, and i'm sure we'll get some other good new players that didn't play clubs in FIFA 10.

Yup, there's no reason why we shouldn't be in the top 100 this year if we can bring in a couple more world class players.
    Not me of course :pac:

Even if I tend to get foward a ''bit'' too much.

I'm afraid so Floyd. The reserves for you sport! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Is the demo out in the morning?

Advertisement