Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Major shake up with the penos

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

JokerD wrote: »
    Major shake up with the penos

Yeah theyre gonna take some serious gettin used to Bit worried that the handball might be too frequent. Turned it on and first match I played there was 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Yeah theyre gonna take some serious gettin used to Bit worried that the handball might be too frequent. Turned it on and first match I played there was 2

The way you actually take has changed a lot. Dummying the keeper could be a good addition but that bar on the bottom that is moving left to right, I tried to hit it central as it looks like a sweet spot but my pens are going miles to hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

JokerD wrote: »
    The way you actually take has changed a lot. Dummying the keeper could be a good addition but that bar on the bottom that is moving left to right, I tried to hit it central as it looks like a sweet spot but my pens are going miles to hard.

According to the youtube tutorial that bar is essentially how calm or focused the player is, you need to hit the middle of that then hit the sweet spot on the power bar above the player name.

Im still 0 for 2 with penalties though. I might practise in the arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

So the penalties are as they were in the WC2010 game? Excellent news as it's probably the best penalty system in any football game.

I got a penalty in the PES2011 demo and spent about 25 minutes laughing my ass off. Shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I made a US account but wont let me sign in. I can sign in fine with my normal account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

Anyone know if you can play 2v2 online?

Me and my mate were pretty handy at pro evo coop online but dont seem to be able to do it in fifa 09 or 10, just wondering have they put it in the the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

JayJay10 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can play 2v2 online?

Me and my mate were pretty handy at pro evo coop online but dont seem to be able to do it in fifa 09 or 10, just wondering have they put it in the the one?

You could do that in 09 and 10. You have to add guest by pressing triangle / Y on the team selection screen. I presume it'll still be in Fifa 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just played 6 matches there. Quite a few things have been shaken up.

Passing is far more realistic. When I played as Barca I was popping them around and carving my way through, but when I was Leverkusen I found it much harder to make chances. If you have space you can do what you want, but only the best can consistently make passes while under pressure.

Dribbling again is more realistic, you need to have momentum and timing to beat a man, rather than a flick of the right stick and your away. You can play on the balance of defenders and catch them out. Messi is very fun to use.

Shooting is tougher, so far im thinking that is because goalies are very very strong, Casillas and Cech have made some stunning saves from chances that would have been goals in FIFA 10. The flight of the ball is way better, looks gorgeous, particularily in the arena with the 3rd person camera.

Defending, and im repeating myself here, is so realistic. You dont just sprint in and push them off, you have to force them into an area where they will make a mistake, this had made FIFA now much more a possesion game. The way to succeed is by keeping the ball and making the right decisions, thankfully it seems the days of bypassing the midfield are gone.

Overall. Much closer to real football than anything ive played before.

I just experienced a weird incident that I'm hoping was a one off. Leverkusen were attacking down the right and I mistimed a slide tackle with Terry, hacking down the winger just outside the box. The linesman indicated that the free was for me, and shockingly it was, a free out...

Otherwise it is a fantastic game, I'm enjoying each game. Passing I'm having some trouble with but I may need to mess around with the settings.

Love the net tension option. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

but only the best can consistently make passes while under pressure.

That sounds concerning, like theres still the possiblity for high pressure abuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The FIFA 11 demo is now live on PSN! Size: 1557MB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

NUTZZ wrote: »
    The FIFA 11 demo is now live on PSN! Size: 1557MB

Giggidy giggidy.... :D

*Looks at watch*..... Dam its still not quitting time!! :mad: Work is dragging today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lukker- wrote: »

Cheers! Really want to check this out and see how it compares to the PS3 version.

Edit: Great speed from that link, over 1mb/s which is max for my connection. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Trappers Son

Pre ordering this for the 15 year ol bro for his bday!! He prob wont get a look in!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

Bugg wrote: »
    You could do that in 09 and 10. You have to add guest by pressing triangle / Y on the team selection screen. I presume it'll still be in Fifa 11.

Yeah thats if your on the same console mate but i'm wondering will they put in a feature that allows you to play 2v2 from 4 different consoles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait to download this :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Parawind wrote: »
    That sounds concerning, like theres still the possiblity for high pressure abuse!

Which is my main gripe of FIFA!

Possitives
    Fluid Dribbling Animation
    Penalties are the best system of any Football Game
    The Licences

But everything falls down on the X-Maniac Button Pressing for defense.

No incentive to hang onto the ball and dribble.

Sad stuff.

On the contrary. Constantly pressuring will tire your players out at the 60min mark, making them slow. Also, it is much much much harder to win the ball while pressuring, you have to force a mistake or time a challenge well to gain possesion. What I meant by the comment you quoted was, Xavi in a tight spot can still find his man often, but lesser players in a tight spot are more prone to an inaccurate pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Ah i get ya now, thats good then. But it does seem like this personality plus really is going to encourage people to pick the very best teams, so pretty much every match online will be against real madrid, barca, chelsea or inter.

I've just played the PC demo, and sadly it's basically FIFA 10.

Of course a step forward into next gen for the PC version, but a bit of a shame that it's identical to last year's console release.

Ah i get ya now, thats good then. But it does seem like this personality plus really is going to encourage people to pick the very best teams, so pretty much every match online will be against real madrid, barca, chelsea or inter.

Personality+ or not, people will always pick the best teams. There is nothing that can be done about that. A team's ability in game must represent their ability in real football for the game to be a simulation.

Also, if you particularily hate Barca or Brazil or whoever, just back out if someone goes to them. You can actually be quite selective of your opponent in FIFA, unlike PES where you are matched with someone and cant go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Downloaded the demo for xbox off the net. Now I need to connect my PC and Xbox and some how play the game...Hmmmm...

Help appreciated?!

I just wanna play Fifa 11 :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Downloaded the demo for xbox off the net. Now I need to connect my PC and Xbox and some how play the game...Hmmmm...

Help appreciated?!

I just wanna play Fifa 11 :mad:

Did you try stick it on a USB stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Did you try stick it on a USB stick?

Great idea. Will try now.

Some one else also said I can just burn it onto a dvd as a rom, not as image and it will still work, so will try both.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I've just played the PC demo, and sadly it's basically FIFA 10.

Of course a step forward into next gen for the PC version, but a bit of a shame that it's identical to last year's console release.

True, seems stupid to me why they didn't include the updates in Fifa 11 on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Showing over 90minutes to download the demo.... :mad:

Dam you Eircom!!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Like what I've played so far, though thats only 3 or 4 games. Some small changes that I've found positive are that it's harder to head a pass from the opponents goal kick straight to one of your other defenders feet when under pressure, there's more variation in the accuracy, which will lead to mistakes. Throw ins are vastly improved, it doesn't revert to just throwing it to the player right in front of you - its much easier to take a quick throw and throw it to who you want. The ability to move players while waiting for the opponent to kick off, again its a small change, but allows you to close the gaps that some players will try to run straight through.

The penalty system seems awesome, though I've missed most of them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Has anyone played the demo on full manual controls yet and if so are there any noticeable improvements from 10?? Cheers

Advertisement