Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Batesy wrote: »
    First impressions are not good for me. I got 5 yellows for sliding tackles in one match!!

This is my main gripe though. They seem to have made the sprint practically the same as a normal dribble. It's really slow even with the fast players.

It's like they took a step back from the World Cup game.

Maybe it'll grow on me though.

For me this is a very good thing, the gameplay was way too fast. It should be about the passing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Has anyone played the demo on full manual controls yet and if so are there any noticeable improvements from 10?? Cheers

Yea i want to know this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

WTF 478 MINS with bleadin clearwire Ithink im gonna cry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Right, I downloaded the game onto my PC. I have now connected my PC and Xbox 360 using media Center. Anyone know how I can now install the game to my Xbox 360 from my PC?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

WTF 478 MINS with bleadin clearwire Ithink im gonna cry

Jesus that's bad! it took me 20 minutes on my average UTV connection! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I had it in 7 minutes earlier :)

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Right, I downloaded the game onto my PC. I have now connected my PC and Xbox 360 using media Center. Anyone know how I can now install the game to my Xbox 360 from my PC?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

You can't do it through a network, you'd need to burn it to a dvd really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

You can't do it through a network, you'd need to burn it to a dvd really.

The file seems to be read only and wont allow me to burn it or put it on a pen drive. This is doing my nut in. :mad::mad:

Thanks though.

Finally got it burned onto a disc but it just says Mixed Media Disc, cant seem to do anything.

Also got it onto a pen drive, and don't know how to install the game at all. All this cuase I'm Xbox live banned. damn :/

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Enjoying the demo so far. It seems the type of referee changes between games, in one game I was giving free kicks away very easily which was annoying, in another match then the commentators mentioned that the ref in this match is very lenient and I was getting away with all types of fouls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It took me about 2 hours to download it earlier on, on a decent connection. My first impressions....I like it! The pace of the game has been slowed down which I really like, which also means ping-pong passes have been cut out (players lose control of the ball).

It seems like cut backs into the penalty area from the end line are much harder to pull off, the ball seems to over run

Chips require a lot more skill, guaranteed one-on-one chipped goals look like they've been removed

Keepers in general seem an awful lot better, long range shots in particular

The goal celebrations are nice, now with the option to run to team mates

Quick one-two's the whole way up the pitch have been toned down dramatically, which is a good thing imo!

I've only played a few games because the Arsenal game is on now, but I'll play some more later and report back here!

• Advertisement

The file seems to be read only and wont allow me to burn it or put it on a pen drive. This is doing my nut in. :mad::mad:

Thanks though.

Finally got it burned onto a disc but it just says Mixed Media Disc, cant seem to do anything.

Also got it onto a pen drive, and don't know how to install the game at all. All this cuase I'm Xbox live banned. damn :/

If you go to demos on the xbox with the disc in the drive, it should show up then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Loving this! Roll on October 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Lamposts wrote: »
    I'm afraid so Floyd. The reserves for you sport! :cool:

glum_man.jpg

Can I be vice captain of the reserves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

With regards to the demo, I really like it.

Might try my hand at being the boards reserve goalie :P

Passing and dribbling are great.

Overall looks good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thanks though.

You have to have the folder structure done properly on the dvd or pen drive first off. Im assuming you have this done correctly at this point. The disk will show up as a mixed media disc, you go into your games library with the dvd in the tray and when you go to your list of games in the library and look under demos you will see the game there. But the folder structure on the disc is crucial otherwise it wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got Arsenal in it. Had some good Chelsea - Arsenal games so far. :) Liking it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Downloading it at the minute.

Can't wait for the real game, was #2 in Ireland online (xbox) for a while on Fifa 10 but got bored of it. Really looking forwards to Fifa 11 and losing my life once again! Should be brilliant.

I'll also be seen around this forum more often I'd imagine. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Very similar to World Cup game, which isnt a bad thing btw. Stats that pop up mid-game is a nice touch aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

How can I unlock arsenal??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

James_LWAU wrote: »
    How can I unlock arsenal??

I think you need to win 5 games to unlock Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not a bad demo at all. Some nice improvements. I rather like that I can misplace a pass although, I'm sure I'll go fcuking spare when I get the full game when I keep doing it. :)

Marking seems a bit better, crosses are good too.

It seems like the type of game that will offer a better challenge than last years offering.

The 360 dribbling has been greatly improved and I rather like the new celebrations.

Have also played the PES demo and I think there's little to choose from this year to be honest.

Should be a nice debate as to which is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Agree with the above...no bigger FIFA guy than me but i was very dissapointed with the Demo...gave PES a chance and i taught with was very good it had a very fresh feel to hit...i dont know what to do now!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

That_Guy wrote: »
    I rather like that I can misplace a pass although, I'm sure I'll go fcuking spare when I get the full game when I keep doing it. :)
    Eh, yeah. I've had a bunch of passes I've missed although they were directed and powered alright. Switched passing to semi but it still happens, picks out a guy in quite another direction or even passes it straight to the opponent. Also on automated and semi the passes seem to almost always too short. Even when pressing pass button for a rather long time, the receiver will eventually have to take a step towards you to get it, eventually slowing down the build up.

They should also finally do something about the randomness of the goal kicks (and free kicks to some extent, but these are kinda learnable by trial and error, which is kind of a weird way to learn things in a fooball video game), there is no way to aim or make sure your guys get the ball. Also the headers, which are just determined by the attributes of the players involved I guess. They always have these marketing lines that emphasise BEING IN CONTROL so they should really walk the walk.

Other than that, feels great. Happy about the cutting in to the middle past a defender getting difficult. It was my scoring style of choice and things got quite boring.

Hope goalies / shootouts won't glitch much, this was quite :eek:
    http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/36214602

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

As a manual control player. Im liking the new demo. Its slower but IMO it suits the people who prefer the slower/structured build up and thankfully the ping pong style will be finally gone:) Defenders are ridiculously strong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

First impressions:

Have to say I really like it, but took me a couple of games to get into it.

The game is no longer about pace (thankfully). You actually have to play a bit of football. I used to hate that about other games, I'd have to drop Giggs or Scholes, just because they were painfully slow compared to Nani, Anderson, etc, even though they were much higher rated overall.

Crosses seem more effective than cutbacks, which is more realistic imo.

Celebrations are good, and at least you can get interrupted by your own teammates. I hate watching a guy run around like a headless chicken when you just wanna get on with the game.

The only annoyance I've found so far is that they stop play for ridiculous offsides... when a defender has intercepted and already played a pass away, let the game continue.

Skill dribbles, through balls, and all that good stuff seems harder to master or less effective.

Just so happens, I'm off work the Friday this is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Predator_ wrote: »
    Very similar to World Cup game, which isnt a bad thing btw. Stats that pop up mid-game is a nice touch aswell.

Yeah I really like this. They seem to pop up instead of the old FIFA 10 "pan around the stadium while the game loads" screen, its a really simple and small touch but it really improves the presentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How much will this be in likes of game and gamestop ? Might order off gamesnash just so don't have to go get it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

How much will this be in likes of game and gamestop ? Might order off gamesnash just so don't have to go get it ..

Well its €50 from Smyths, which means it'll be €45 if you're a member up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yeah I really like this. They seem to pop up instead of the old FIFA 10 "pan around the stadium while the game loads" screen, its a really simple and small touch but it really improves the presentation.

It'll pop up the yardage and 100% passing accuracy for a player, but sometimes Martin Tyler will say "here are the possession stats for both teams". Presume they know about this, seeing as its happened at least 5 or 6 times in the games I've played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Also think slide tackling has been massively revamped in a good way.

Pressing square in certain situations now will have your player go down on one knee and stick his leg in,and they can adjust if the opposing player changed direction at the last minute.

Really cannot wait to get the finished product,though even with personality+,i reckon most teams will just be 11 players with generic faces.

Advertisement