Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

52 in gamestop available including shipping .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'd love to play the demo but haven't got PSN/Xbox Live.I remember playing the FIFA 09 Demo to death to the point that when I bought the game on release day I didn't even play it for 2 days.Sounds like its impressing people.I'm a bit dissapointed to hear the Penalty system is similar to the World Cup game.I never scored any great ones in the World Cup game I always missed when I go for the Top corner. How does the personality plus effect the weaker teams hope it doesn't just make the 5* Teams better.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I forgot about that little power gauge at the bottom of the screen for penalties.

Not an addition I like. I'm hoping there'll be an option for turning it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

That_Guy wrote: »
    I forgot about that little power gauge at the bottom of the screen for penalties.

Not an addition I like. I'm hoping there'll be an option for turning it off.

It's not a power gauge,and it certainly won't be possible to turn it off,the further from the green sweet spot the needle stops in this,the more chance for error there is with the kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Lads there's a handy yoke in the arena too,if you go in to take a penalty and press l2 a blue circle comes up and it shows you where the ball will end up going the longer you hold the left analogue stick.

I used it for about 10 mins and score practically every penalty i attempt now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's a bit easy to score precision shots from just outside the 18 yard box. In the last 3 games I've dinged about 4 or 5 with Lampard, Drogba or Arshavin from about 20-25 yards out. One was an off the bar and in screamer, the others though were fairly bogstandard regular shots that just evaded the keeper altogether, hope they're made a little more difficult in the final product.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

How much will this be in likes of game and gamestop ? Might order off gamesnash just so don't have to go get it ..

If you are thinking of ordering it off gamesnash they have an offer running and as you said its handier having it there waiting for you that morning than having to go and try get it in one of the shops.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056022327

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It's a bit easy to score precision shots from just outside the 18 yard box. In the last 3 games I've dinged about 4 or 5 with Lampard, Drogba or Arshavin from about 20-25 yards out. One was an off the bar and in screamer, the others though were fairly bogstandard regular shots that just evaded the keeper altogether, hope they're made a little more difficult in the final product.

What difficulty are you playing on?

I havent scored a single goal from outside the box and havent scored more than 2 in a match on World Class, the keepers are fantastic and im closed down so quickly I havent been shooting from distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What difficulty are you playing on?

I havent scored a single goal from outside the box and havent scored more than 2 in a match on World Class, the keepers are fantastic and im closed down so quickly I havent been shooting from distance.

ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Axwell wrote: »
    If you are thinking of ordering it off gamesnash they have an offer running and as you said its handier having it there waiting for you that morning than having to go and try get it in one of the shops.

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056022327

Yeah I only ever heard of them when you started that thread the other week . Handy to have a 5er voucher aswell for when COD Black Ops comes out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Been in 4 penalty shoot outs against the the computer. The computer has scored 1 out of about 17 penalties. They just keep blazing them over the bar even on World Class difficulty. :confused:

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Been in 4 penalty shoot outs against the the computer. The computer has scored 1 out of about 17 penalties. They just keep blazing them over the bar even on World Class difficulty. :confused:

Yeah I've noticed that too. On one occasion I was two nil down on penalties and I came back to win as they hoofed the next four over the bar, and I won in sudden death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Axwell wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056022327

GAME are offering double reward points & early access to the creation center if you pre-order. Not sure about this Gamesnash offer tbh. Its €52 on that site. Will it not be €50 in some bricks and mortar stores (thinking specifically of Xtravision)? If so, you are spending €2 extra, to maybe get a €5 voucher. I'm sure they offer a good service but I find their prices very, very expensive in general. For example, last years FIFA 10 is still selling for €50, Reach is €10 more expensive than it is in my local GAME.

Back on topic though, has anyone read the Career mode blog posts about the guy going through the season as Stuttgart? It all sounds great, but if you look at some of the screenshots, I worry about the realism......

Nasri going to Inter for €47 million?!?
    Arsenal - 8th in Premiership.
    AC Milan - not even in the top half of the Serie A table.
    Real Madrid - only 4th in La Liga

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

For some unknown reason i can't seem to score a penalty in the demo. I really don't like the green bar thing. However tricks seem more fluid. The commentary is similar to Fifa 10 and there are only slight visual improvements IMO. Also can't find dynamic v2 camera option in the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

The AI is too fcuken good Imo, havent even tried legendary.

estadio wrote: »
    For some unknown reason i can't seem to score a penalty in the demo. I really don't like the green bar thing. However tricks seem more fluid. The commentary is similar to Fifa 10 and there are only slight visual improvements IMO. Also can't find dynamic v2 camera option in the demo.

You didn't even practice them..... hence your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

That's what I like to hear. Just downloaded it a while ago so will give it a bash later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

Personally, I thought World Class was harder last year - I've won my first three matches 1-0. I've played twice on Legendary and I drew 0-0 both times.

Although, this may be because the slower gameplay suits my defensive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Think I have played around 10 games on World Class...

I have only conceeded one goal but only scored 8/9... Alot of games ending 0-0 and going to penalties. Dam the penalties are alot tougher!

Might give legendary a go next....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Gave the demo a good go tonight. Loving the slower pace and more realistic passing.

I know this is against the AI so maybe someone whos played the WC game can help me here but...eh manual chipping it still works.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/36370713 ....Thats goal one I scored against Chelsea and heres the second in the same game.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/36371366

Both manual chips on either world class or legendary. If I double tap y will the keeper actually stay on the line or will he act like they did in fifa 10 because here the AI keeper was begging to be chipped. I dont like doing it I really dont :P

• Advertisement

Have had a good bash of it today, only played 3 games yest and they ended 1-0. 0-0 and 0-0 and that was only on intermediate(and my win ratio online is well above 60% :eek:)

Switched down to beginner today to get more possession so i could get a better feel for it(shooting etc, as you don't get long as anything above beginner means 1/2/3 shots per game) then up to the hardest level.

Didn't notice a big change in attacking them but they're obv' more dangerous on the attack (legendary diff)

I love the shooting, nice to see your player pull back before striking it, and even in a tight spot he can get a decent shot off quick enough.
    It feels more realistic, last years was very ''on the rails'', long shots were either scuffed or dramatically pushed out for a corner with the VERY seldom goal that made it over the goalie. But now it feels like having a pop could produce anything.

Nice to see they fixed the finesse. You couldn't put any power in them before, even though it's easily possible to power up a curling shot in real life in FIFA it was always a weak effort. Now you can really put your foot through them.

Also they sorted the ''shooting on the turn'' problem, where you couldnt shoot accurately while turning or at an angle facing away from goal, and also shooting to the near post, ive smashed in a few of them, last year they were 99.9% of the time directly at the goalie. So now backing off the player waiting for him to turn down(to shoot the other side/pass it down) is no longer a defensive option you'll need to get to him ASAP. No more un-scoreable angles.

Sliding is much improved as is long passing, you don't get that one motion any more(sliding straight one and long pass that would hoist, both were one animation) there's much more variation in how they come off, also heading is much improved in offensive positions, doesn't always favour the player heading away from his goal.

Only gripe would be the ''off the post'' count, i read they fixed it, but in the 4 games i had today it was hit at least once per game(2/3 times in one)

Really looking forward to this, still time to improve it further as that's prob' a few months old code.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just played few games of the demo tonight to me it seems like last years game with a few more polished extras in game play.
    It has the more overall realistic edge to it then pro evo but im surprised to how much after playing both tonight i am confused and unsure which to go for!!

I mean i intend on gettin fifa as its gonna be a great game but now after playing pro evo demo i reckon if they fix few little issues its got fifa seriously by the balls :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

joe123 wrote: »

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/36370713 ....Thats goal one I scored against Chelsea and heres the second in the same game.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/36371366

Those goal-nets look different to the ones in my game? And theres only one stadium aint there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Those goal-nets look different to the ones in my game? And theres only one stadium aint there?

you can pick goal type and net tension in the settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I know its a Fortnight away but is there going to be any kind of midnight release for this.My brother got a copy a day before last year but doubts he will this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Has the awarding of penalties been fixed?
    Last year you had to be hacked with a slide tackle to win a penalty but if you skipped past a defender and he threw a leg out with a standing tackle and it sent you flying you wouldn't get anything.

You can unlock the Emirates stadium by playing EA's FIFA superstars on facebook
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Last year you had to be hacked with a slide tackle to win a penalty but if you skipped past a defender and he threw a leg out with a standing tackle and it sent you flying you wouldn't get anything.

Yep, they fixed it for the world cup game and I've been given a couple of penalties for standing fouls in the demo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Really enjoyed playing a few games last night, getting into the whole new gameplay, it's a pity that the demo is so short, for the style you need to play now you don't have enough time to be knocking in 4 or so goals!

J. Marston wrote: »

Ya it's the same as the WC game. When i first started playing WC i didn't like it, but once you go back to 10 and your dominating someone but your unable to break through and your getting hacked in the box it's really frustrating, didn't realise till i returned to 10 i prefer this system

The only gripe with it is when there's a ball bouncing, your player will ''slide'' in for it to poke it away, and if you catch a player it's a peno EVERY time, it doesn't happen too often though.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Rooney10 wrote: »
    GAME are offering double reward points & early access to the creation center if you pre-order. Not sure about this Gamesnash offer tbh. Its €52 on that site. Will it not be €50 in some bricks and mortar stores (thinking specifically of Xtravision)? If so, you are spending €2 extra, to maybe get a €5 voucher. I'm sure they offer a good service but I find their prices very, very expensive in general. For example, last years FIFA 10 is still selling for €50, Reach is €10 more expensive than it is in my local GAME.

Hi Rooney10

Just to comment on your post :)

In regards to our pricing. We're obviously a smaller player in the market than Game / Gamestop etc who get significant discounts off publishers for massive bulk buying. We also have postal and packing costs associated with sending out the games which they don't have. Lastly the bigger players tend to make little to no margin on new games and then make enormous margins on pre owned games to balance it off. The RRP for Fifa 11 is €59.99 which means that according to EA sports etc everyone should be selling their game at €59.99 and the cost price to us reflects that. At €52.99 we make anything from €1.50 to €3.50 profit depending on the payment method chosen by the customer which I think you'd agree isn't too much. By giving out a €5.00 voucher we are making a loss on every game we sell here and viewing it as a marketing spend.

There is a similar situation with Halo Reach in that the cost price to us is very high - indeed if Game are selling this locally at €44.99 they are selling it cheaper than we buy it from microsofts distributors here. :( Obviously from a customers point of view price can be king and we won't fall out with you over it but I would be at pains to point out it's not because we are gouging people. We're offering the best we can within the cost prices we have to play with but we can't compete with anyone loss leading like that.

Fifa 10 can be purchased pre owned from our site for €15.99 delivered at the moment which is a lot cheaper than the €21.99 - € 24.99 currently being charged by the bricks and mortar sites. Cost price to us for Fifa 10 remains the same as when it first came out - we've no stock to clear out as such and therefore have not reduced the price.

Advertisement