Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the penalties are a little annoying but on the goalkeeping side for me. the keeper never dives where I tell him. Am I doing something wrong?

also with the penalty shooting, the bar build up does power, the bar you have to stop in the green is the chance it goes where you want and the longer you hold the stick in the direction the more it goes that way like in virtua tennis.... is that right?

Is there anywhere that has a breakdown of the new stuff in the game? like how to... on penalties, tricks and other stuff?

The computer keeps skinning me with these fancy tricks I cant figure out how to do. like and half roulette and stuff. the only roulette I can seem to do is the one where you stay going in the same direction.

edit: also has anyone noticed a little bit of a delay on the composure needle stopping when in the game compared to when youre in the arena? like a little lag or somethin?

It seems slim to no-one is actually looking into how you take penalties and just complaining about them.

2:03 is prob' what most are doing, if your holding the direction from when you power up until he takes it that's what will happen(or he'll fall over)

2:08 shows the indicator in action, you can do this quicker in the WC game(same as 11 will have) but since we only have the arena in 11 you need to knock it into the box every time to get a practice shot.

When i take them i just go for half power and and a general direction spot, that's easy enough to do, just start moving the analogue to the area you want when you have finished the powering up process, you have around 1 second so it's not enough time to put it in a near unsaveable place but its enough time that you won't put it wide, to hit the corners perfectly is a lot harder, and not worth the risk as you might miss completely.

There's another video which explains the keeper side of it.

To summarise: You dive with the goalie using the RIGHT analogue, you can choose to go late by waiting until he's nearly taken the kick, or you can start aiming early, if you start aiming early you have a better chance of saving it, but if he does the ''stutter'' shot, you give away you direction as the goalie will show a leaning motion in the split second before the kick.

Waiting doesn't really have an advantage. From a kicking POV, even when doing the stutter, it's hard to switch direction in a split second after seeing the lean(if you even spot it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

estadio wrote: »
    I did its just that when i aim at the center its fine. however when i try either of the top corners it goes wide. As for practicing penalties i never miss in fifa 10.

Go into the arena and press LT (L2 or whatever it is for PS3) when taking a penalty for a target indicator to come up.Until you practice with that your always going have trouble with penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    the penalties are a little annoying but on the goalkeeping side for me. the keeper never dives where I tell him. Am I doing something wrong?

Left stick only moves the keeper on his line, right stick makes the keeper dive, caught me out on the first few penalties! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

The pens are quite hard at the start but after a while, well a good while, they do become fairly easy. Eventually you can really start to get a feel for them and the arcade likeness goes away. I think they are really good and much better than the other system. Admittedly I was sh#t at them at the start and felt the same as most people. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

downloaded the demo last night and really enjoyed it. It's not too different from last year, a bit slower and the passing is not as easy and that's a good thing. It makes you really think about your build up play. I can't wait for the full version

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Have it pre-ordered from xtra vision so I should get my hands on it the night before its released ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Does anyone know the amount of international teams in the game?

Last year was somewhat disappointing with some glaring omissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Same teams as last year lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

Lamposts wrote: »
    Same teams as last year lad.

That's a pity. I would have liked the Russian League to be included...

Edit: Are you just saying it's the same international teams?

• Advertisement

That's a pity. I would have liked the Russian League to be included...

Edit: Are you just saying it's the same international teams?

Russian league is included.

He meant international teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Re: Same international teams. They didnt have Ghana the last few years. Surely they've warranted a place in the game after the WC. I'd be surprised if there haven't added a few to the internationals tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

thudd wrote: »
    Re: Same international teams. They didnt have Ghana the last few years. Surely they've warranted a place in the game after the WC. I'd be surprised if there haven't added a few to the internationals tbh

Im sure its not based on a team's profile as a nation who does well, its probably a licencing issue. When they are making FIFA/UEFA games they have access to the FIFPro licence and have no limits to participating teams, but when its a yearly FIFA some problems arise, hence teams like Ghana and Wales are often omitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Fair point, I should have known it wasn't just a random process of selecting teams out of a hat / favouritism tbh!

Only played about 5 games. Still not used to it. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Lamposts wrote: »
    Only played about 5 games. Still not used to it. Sigh.

Are there many noticable differences between the demo and what you saw in london?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I like the fact that its slower, its harder to pass the ball through the middle of the field, players seem more competetive in winning the ball, keepers and defenders are better, its harder to score

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I like the fact that its slower, its harder to pass the ball through the middle of the field, players seem more competetive in winning the ball, keepers and defenders are better, its harder to score

Me too. I love it. Its actually challenging now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

And i remember Holland were always missing.Or have they been added since.Cant remember if they are in 10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Soby wrote: »
    And i remember Holland were always missing.Or have they been added since.Cant remember if they are in 10

They were definitely in 10 and afaik they were in 09 too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Its pretty much the same as last year as far as I can see but maybe it will change in the full game. Heading is still borderline impossible.

One major gripe I have is when say Drogba goes down injured and then it shows Terry rolling around on the ground injured. Very annoying.

Liking the looks of the keeper thing though. Could be a bit of fun though I can only imagine how horrible it is going to be online, a lot twats going up front with the keeper etc.

Really unsure of the handball feature. I understand that its implicating a real life feature and its good that EA are including as much real life incidents as possible but the handballs in the games I played were just odd. None were given against me, yet I had three decisions go my way (in the short demo). I think I'd be massively aggrieved if I was playing against a friend and lost via free kick or penalty because of a handball.

Its nice that they have the option to turn it on/off and "On (but no penalties)" but it'll probably just end up an annoyance for me.

Has anyone gotten a chance to play against human opponents yet? Had a few mates over last night for a few drinks before going out and we played a couple games of FIFA 11, and the game really felt good. Much more tactical and chances are more rewarding when created.

Still 7 days to go. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait for next friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just got to download the demo today, must saying I'm loving it, apart from those poxy penos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

One week & can't wait for it.Didn't play the Demo cause I didn't want to play it for Hours before getting it on the Day.The Manager mode better be good,last years was a glitchy mess after they said they were "improving" it.

Join the xbox 360 fifa 11 club here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056042233 xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

As for prices, where will be the best place to purchase this? I was going to buy on Amazon but I'll likely be waiting a few extra days so it would be best to pop into town and get it on the day of release.

Probably looking at €50 across the board?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

As for prices, where will be the best place to purchase this? I was going to buy on Amazon but I'll likely be waiting a few extra days so it would be best to pop into town and get it on the day of release.

Probably looking at €50 across the board?

Theres already a thread only a few down from this one about that

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056042321

Advertisement