Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I didn't know it was possible to download transfer updates for fifa:o
    How can you do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In the options/My Fifa menu there's a "Download latest squads" option :)

mailrewop wrote: »
    unless i see pics i don't believe anyone, would shops even have got deliveries as early as last week. not saying it hasn't been leaked online but to get it from gamestop that early i highly doubt but prove me wrong and you have my apologies.

Ah its always the same. Until I see someone booting the game up on a video I don't believe them at all. There's always people every year boasting about how they have the years biggest games miraculously before any shops even have the deliveries in. For every one person who actually gets it early, there's always another five who pretend they do.

Sure reviewers have even said themselves that the game isn't live online yet, so any online content whether its functionality or content is apparently not up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

And is it possible to download other things like custom leagues etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The online side of things are up, people already have it on another forum, plus its been leaked for the 360 so thats where alot of people who claim to have it are getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

iMuse wrote: »
    The online side of things are up, people already have it on another forum, plus its been leaked for the 360 so thats where alot of people who claim to have it are getting it.

I know one person who has had it since Friday. But no respectable retailer will break the release.

I thought retailers only got it a day or two earlier, the guy I know who got it must of got it along the delivery line, he can get himself a copy of most things a week early. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

He didnt actually tell me where he got it I just assumed because his GF worked in gamestop I will ask him tommorow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

He didnt actually tell me where he got it I just assumed because his GF worked in gamestop I will ask him tommorow

I know a dude who works in GS and another girl who works in Smyths and they don't get most games until a day or two before.

Le King wrote: »
    I know a dude who works in GS and another girl who works in Smyths and they don't get most games until a day or two before.
    Thats what i mean im not sure so will ask him

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-11-the-review/

Fifa Soccer Blogs review is out. Great read, seems very unbiased despite it being "fifasoccerblog"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Has anyone tried the new driven cross, amazing for switching the play. Its R1 and X/Square and it crosses a bouncing pass in the direction your aiming.

Really adds a realistic feel and is useful with the new more patient attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chicharit0

dang, i wish i still had a flashed xbox....ah well just a few more days wont do any harm :pac:

Chicharit0 wrote: »
    dang, i wish i still had a flashed xbox....ah well just a few more days wont do any harm :pac:

Why does that make any difference Chic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chicharit0

Why does that make any difference Chic

its available to download already ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mcdonagh69

i have recently played fifa 11 and can tell you it is the best thing to hit man seriously u can be the keeper but the only bad thing is penaltys they are so hard im tellin ya anyway thats all:cool:

Then were did u play it

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

What an awesome first post.

Have been playing a review copy myself. Its an interesting game ,I can never tell how good it is , untill i am halfway through the season .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mcdonagh69 wrote: »
    i have recently played fifa 11 and can tell you it is the best thing to hit man seriously u can be the keeper but the only bad thing is penaltys they are so hard im tellin ya anyway thats all:cool:

The penalties are very easy once you take 2 mins to practise them. Watch this video:

And then watch this:

And you should have no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Shzm wrote: »
    What an awesome first post.

You mean for it's blatant disregard for punctuation?

• Advertisement

The thing is I think the OP just read a review

The thing is I think the OP just read a review

He's not the OP but i get what you're saying anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

IGN review is up. Overall score they give is

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123409p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

That's some ringing endorsement by IGN!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Not going to bother with reviews. They're good for first impressions but you only really notice the bugs, glitches and gripes after extended playtime...

Played the demo some more last night - handballs are a little finicky. Couple given for and against me when it looked more ball to hand (and undeliberate). The finest example was the ball was scrambled in my box and one of my players tried to hoof it, kicked it off another of my players and a penalty was given :S

Going to get the game. Playing with many assists on (just not good enough!) and it is enjoyable. Certainly tougher than last year plus it allows for more creativity I think - no longer just lamping it to the wing, cross to back post and goalkeeper howler! Passing seems more intricate, even with assists on.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Not going to bother with reviews. They're good for first impressions but you only really notice the bugs, glitches and gripes after extended playtime...

One thing to note though... the demo version is different from the full version by a good bit according to many sources! the full version is a lot better apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Why are people playing with handballs on? Makes no sense. PES tried it a number of years ago and it was just a stupid feature to include.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Renn wrote: »
    Why are people playing with handballs on? Makes no sense. PES tried it a number of years ago and it was just a stupid feature to include.

Ye i agree, i've turned them off in the demo. The problem is that the players cant move their arms out of the way. They should have put in diving instead :pac:

Where are you all buying the game? I'm thinking Tesco might be the cheapest?

EDIT : Just saw the "Where to buy" thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

They put diving in PES a while back too and that was a failure iirc.

Advertisement