Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Redzer7 wrote: »
    +1..

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry just it seemed everyone who got it early wasnt impressed with it but no one gave any reasons why.

I fcuking love it lol :p, absolutely nothing wrong with it except maybe one or two crazy transfers :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I fcuking love it lol :p, absolutely nothing wrong with it except maybe one or two crazy transfers :).

Cool. Does it play just like the demo? Some were saying there were differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ShaneU wrote: »
    4 or 5 people say they got the game early , none of them like it or will say where they got it, smells like trollin' to me. Either that or they all pirated it

Not ''trollin'' and not pirated. There's no problem with the game it just wasn't worth the €55. I got it from a friend who works at a place to answer your other question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

What's the place?

And I think you were robbed if you were paying 55, think it'll be a good bit cheaper come Friday. What did you expect anyway, did you even play the demo?

• Advertisement

Renn wrote: »
    What's the place?

You know that place, it's where that thing happened that one time.
    Renn wrote: »
    And I think you were robbed if you were paying 55, think it'll be a good bit cheaper come Friday. What did you expect anyway, did you even play the demo?

Not bothered if I paid a bit more than it will cost come Friday. I had it pre-ordered anyways online for around €46. Even at €35 - €40 it still isn't worth buying in my opinion. There's just not enough upgrades from 10 to justify the cost.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I didnt like fifa 10 when I first got it, it just felt different than '09, and i didnt like it. I'm sure I'll be the same with 11 but, after a few weeks I bet I wont be able to imagine ever goin back (which is what happened with Fifa 10).

Could this be why you guys are saying ur not impressed or is it more specific flaws?

I still prefer 09 to 10.

Can everyone stop asking where the people who have it already got it from, there's a PM feature on boards if you want to annoy them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Mr Moon wrote: »
    there's a PM feature on boards if you want to annoy them

fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just got back from college to find........:D

p1010514u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

iMuse wrote: »
    Just got back from college to find........:D

p1010514u.jpg

The game inserted into your xbox and installed itself. That is impressive! /bad joke.

Im dying to play it now, the demo is just too short. Dont know when ill get it either as I won a copy of it so im just waiting (and hoping) it will be sent out soon!

PLEAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Haven't bought a FIFA since 05, but have always wanted to get back intop it, so thought what better way than with FIFA 11!

I played the demo a good few times in a row, but only once did I score an actual goal! Is it always this hard to get a goal?

Also, after being given the 3 difficultys, I choose the middle one (intermediate or something) just wondering where this is in terms of the FIFAs of old? (Amatuer, Semi-Pro, Professional, World Class)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't bought a FIFA since 05, but have always wanted to get back intop it, so thought what better way than with FIFA 11!

I played the demo a good few times in a row, but only once did I score an actual goal! Is it always this hard to get a goal?

Also, after being given the 3 difficultys, I choose the middle one (intermediate or something) just wondering where this is in terms of the FIFAs of old? (Amatuer, Semi-Pro, Professional, World Class)
    Those difficulties are still in FIFA 11, intermediate is semi-pro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

there are more than three difficulties. go into the game settings in the demo before a game and you can pick them all

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll give the game another shot on a different difficulty then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll give the game another shot on a different difficulty then.

Start with Amatuer mate then work your way up :).

As mentioned fifa still has 5 difficulty settings: amateur, semi-pro, pro, world class, legendary.

The 3 options at the start of the demo (Beginner, Intermediate, ?) are suggested layouts that not only affect the difficulty setting, but also the assist levels for passing, shooting, crossing etc. These layouts work as a good starting point to get the settings to suit your level, and as you play the game you can adjust individual settings to tweak it to your tastes as you progress.

Give it time, with practise (and longer game lengths) you'll be banging in goals in no time. Though thankfully, you should be able to find a difficulty where it fun, but challenging so you dont get bored of 13-0 walkovers

As mentioned fifa still has 5 difficulty settings: amateur, semi-pro, pro, world class, legendary.

The 3 options at the start of the demo (Beginner, Intermediate, ?) are suggested layouts that not only affect the difficulty setting, but also the assist levels for passing, shooting, crossing etc. These layouts work as a good starting point to get the settings to suit your level, and as you play the game you can adjust individual settings to tweak it to your tastes as you progress.

Give it time, with practise (and longer game lengths) you'll be banging in goals in no time. Though thankfully, you should be able to find a difficulty where it fun, but challenging so you dont get bored of 13-0 walkovers

Thanks everything I wanted to know.

Then again 'm not going to start on amatuer, cause then its just gonna be embarssing when I lose against Bristol Rovers 4-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just picked it up tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Oh do tell?

Friends in high places ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Frisbee wrote: »
    Friends in high places ;)

Sure, who did you get down on this time Laura?
    :pac:

No seriously, please tell us where you got it!

I'm sure if Frisbee got it in a shop he/she would tell ye. I would too if I walked into a shop and got it but I didn't.
    Le King wrote: »
    Sure, who did you get down on this time Laura?
    :pac:

Baha

Didn't get it through general sale. Literally was a case of friends in, if not high, at least useful places :D

My friend in a useful place can only get it for me this afternoon(Thursday). Better than nothin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure I'm gonna take the plunge on this. I spent a lot of time with the demo and it seems to play the exact same as FIFA World Cup 2010, which was almost the same as FIFA 2010. I think there's a problem in that EA have almost run out of things to tweak and improve and 2011 may well just be a roster update. The fact that they're pushing small things like controlling the goalkeeper as major sweeping changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry just it seemed everyone who got it early wasnt impressed with it but no one gave any reasons why.

Because something seems to be up with the gameplay. Two of the lads here play each other a few times a night on Fifa 10 and Fifa World Cup. They both can play at the hardest difficulty with those games. There's always a few goals scored, 2-1 here and there, sometimes a 3 or 4-0 trashing. They always beat me, I'm not that good.

They played seven games on Fifa 11 last night, all of them finished 0-0. I played a game, it finished 0-0. You can't seem to hold on to the ball for more than 3 or 4 seconds with the amount of interceptions, tackles and general play around midfield. In one matchup between the two housemates there was just one shot on goal from the both of them. You might think they're just a good matchup but not if I can hold them off to 0-0 too.

We've gone back to Fifa 10 and Fifa WC now, probably gonna get PES and see what that's like. At least you could string some passes together and throw in some skill for good measure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

When I played the demo I think I played 10 0 - 0 games against the CPU. After awhile I was able to sneak in 1 goal every other match. In the end I was able to get 3 goals in a match. Think it just takes some getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's incredibly frustrating though. I could understand ramping up the AI difficulty, but surely it's a bad sign when two people who could slot goals past each other, create decent runs and breaks can't do it anymore when they hit what they've dubbed the "midfield wall".

I advised 'em to stick at it, but they're seriously unimpressed

Played a few games last night and I agree that it can be pretty hard to score. Nearly all my games ended 0-0 or 1-0, only in one of the probably ten games I played was there a game with 3 goals (which I won 3-0 against Blackpool with Arsenal) any games I played between Arsenal and another top team (Barca/Real/Chelsea/Atletico) ended either 0-0 or 1-0.

As said above it is very hard to hold onto the ball for more than a few seconds at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Sounds like it's very different to the previous game!

Can't wait to get my hands on it and start learning how to play it again!

Advertisement