Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

On the reverse of that you have Tesco selling it for €40 (well below what it costs us to buy it at btw !) so compared to Tesco at first glance I'd have to agree with you but there is a bit more to it than that. :)

Care to explain;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

clived2 wrote: »
    Care to explain;)

Tesco can buy in bulk for litteraly any price they want. They can dictate the price because there such a big business ;), if they weren't to do business with EA, Ea would lose out on a lot of money whereas Gamesnash are only a small company compared to Tesco so they have to charge more am I right?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Care to explain;)

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Tesco can buy in bulk for litteraly any price they want. They can dictate the price because there such a big business wink.gif, if they weren't to do business with EA, Ea would lose out on a lot of money whereas Gamesnash are only a small company compared to Tesco so they have to charge more am I right?

Close :D

No doubt about it Tesco command a better price than we can buy it at. That said I believe they are loss leading on the game - they are selling it cheaper than the Irish distributors who we have to buy off are buying it for. It's a marketing spend to them.

A lot of people went out to Tesco at midnight and paid €60 for the game as the price reduction had not been announced / come through. At 11.00 this morning most Tescos were sold out of the game and are unlikely to get more stock in at that price. Not every Tesco stocks games either. To avail of Tescos price you had to chance your arm at midnight, decide not to buy then, head home and be back first thing in the morning to get the game before it sold out. It's a lot of hassle which for some is worth it for the saving if they do manage to get their hands on the game.

Whether or not that grief is worth €12 to you is of course up to each individual. Our customers paid €12 more than Tesco but most will have crawled out of bed on release day to find the game waiting for them. (and if you got the boards.ie offer here you would have got a €5.00 voucher with it)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Anyone gonna bother getting live season?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Close :D

No doubt about it Tesco command a better price than we can buy it at. That said I believe they are loss leading on the game - they are selling it cheaper than the Irish distributors who we have to buy off are buying it for. It's a marketing spend to them.

A lot of people went out to Tesco at midnight and paid €60 for the game as the price reduction had not been announced / come through. At 11.00 this morning most Tescos were sold out of the game and are unlikely to get more stock in at that price. Not every Tesco stocks games either. To avail of Tescos price you had to chance your arm at midnight, decide not to buy then, head home and be back first thing in the morning to get the game before it sold out. It's a lot of hassle which for some is worth it for the saving if they do manage to get their hands on the game.

Whether or not that grief is worth €12 to you is of course up to each individual. Our customers paid €12 more than Tesco but most will have crawled out of bed on release day to find the game waiting for them. (and if you got the boards.ie offer here you would have got a €5.00 voucher with it)

Thanks for the answer,

Next time I buy a game, I will try and use ye guys;)

Is loss leading illegal in Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Renn wrote: »
    Gamesnash? Was it not ridiculously expensive buying off them?

Nope! €51, free delivery, here at 10am on release day, AND a €5 off voucher :)

Much love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, what number is Torres for Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads, what number is Torres for Liverpool?

Would it not be easier to google Fernando Torres? :D
    Fernando Torres Liverpool's number 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Can someone explain what live season is?

I'm on my iPhone and couldn't be arsed. Just played an online game there and he was 7. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I'm on my iPhone and couldn't be arsed. Just played an online game there and he was 7. :confused:

Chances are your pro plays for Liverpool and you made him number 9 and Torres got moved to number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

2 defeats and 1 draw to date.

Ac Milan 1-4 Chelsea
    Ac Milan 2-4 Chelsea

and wait for it

Bray Wanderers 1-1 Chelsea

:cool:

Capajoma wrote: »
    Can someone explain what live season is?

Real time fixtures for the premiership with injuries and starting lineups etc

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Thanks for the answer,

Next time I buy a game, I will try and use ye guys;)

Is loss leading illegal in Ireland ?

It's not illegal no and even back when it was there were ways to get around it. For example and not saying this is true whatsoever !!! Hi EA, Tesco here ! we will buy 20,000 copies of Fifa 11 off you for €39 and we will buy 1 copy of facebreaker at the same time for €150,000 which we will never sell and likely send back to you as a return from one of our earlier purchases. One seperate invoice for incredibly cheap game which could legally be sold for €39 and then a second invoice for facebreaker which they could then throw in the bin if needed. Again to be very very clear I'm not saying this ever went on between tesco and EA just a hypothetical.

Anyways that's enough of a thread hijack - apologies mods. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Cheers Pat, my comment wasn't meant in a bad way. Was more of a curious post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyways that's enough of a thread hijack - apologies mods. :)

No apology necessary, its something people always ask on the forum so its good for people to know how other shops operate and can manage to put the price so low for a game and making a loss on it.

As you said yourself Pat its also nice to wake up in the morning of a game release day and crawl out of bed to find the postman has just delivered your new game and you dont have to go off to some store to get it on a potentially miserable wet Irish day, which has to be worth something.

(I sense a kinda of mastercard "priceless" ad campaign for gamesnash in the making :D)

I never realised you could turn on handball :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Classic XI now has Alan Shearer. That for me is a winner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭r9ronaldo

yes but no maradonna!its willy,,

does any1 know how to make ur players fitter in carrer mode i bought ronaldo ( R9) and he is as fit as a pig n i cant find fitness training like las year!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Centre Backs seem to have a huge advantage in this, not happy at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ShaneU wrote: »

Have to agree with you on this. Getting past centre backs is rock hard. They shove every striker off the ball with too much ease. But it's a challenge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I'm actually liking it so far.. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Demo, but I think that was more to do with the short halves and only being able to play the CPU.

The couple of online games i've played so far though have been very enjoyable.

Liking the new layout too, especially being able to see how you rank against your friends in various things on the main screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Ughh....Who else is in that XI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

When I started it last night I found it quite hard to get anything more than a 1-0 win against the opposition. However, after wiping my arse with Blackburn this morning (10-0) I think I'm getting the hang of it now and I love it :D

The career mode is much better this year, so much information on other matches, team news etc. It makes it feel a bit more realistic. And the one gripe I had about injuries has been fixed. Anelka is out for 3 months (Drogs doesn't need him anyway!) and Utd have just lost Van Der Sar to a "season threathening" injury:D

Hate the free outs in my own half. Impossible to pass the ball without it being intercepted most of the time. Why have FIFA never introduced the ability to pass the ball backwards from a free? :confused:

Loving it other than that. 7 wins out of 7 online :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ShaneU wrote: »
    Have to agree with you on this. Getting past centre backs is rock hard. They shove every striker off the ball with too much ease. But it's a challenge :)

True.

I played Villa in career mode and Dunne and Collins were like a military base back there. Match ended 0-0.

The centre half being tanks and being hard to get around makes the game a hell of a lot more realistic! No more taking the ball down with Drogba, turning and running easily through the centre halves and smashing it in the goal. Now you actually have to pass and move and wait for a hole to open up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

The centre half being tanks and being hard to get around makes the game a hell of a lot more realistic! No more taking the ball down with Drogba, turning and running easily through the centre halves and smashing it in the goal. Now you actually have to pass and move and wait for a hole to open up.

The boll1x tends to be able to manage that quite often in real life though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

First game online, destroying my opponent, 2 nil up before half time... HE QUITS FFS grrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Whats up with the PK's they are horrible!!!

Advertisement