Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Whats up with the PK's they are horrible!!!

It's best to spend 5 or 10 mins in the Penalty Training to work them out.. imho much better than the old system once you're used to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Why is it that when you upload a goal to the EA site, it says you scored it on Amateur, no matter what difficulty setting you were playing on?

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/profile/media/play/video/39099247

Scored that in my first pre-season friendly. Absolutely meant it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

mise wrote: »
    It's best to spend 5 or 10 mins in the Penalty Training to work them out.. imho much better than the old system once you're used to them

no defo not better.. them slider bars are so archaic its a step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Why is it that when you upload a goal to the EA site, it says you scored it on Amateur, no matter what difficulty setting you were playing on?

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/profile/media/play/video/39099247

Scored that in my first pre-season friendly. Absolutely meant it. :D

Yeah that happened to me last night when I was playing on World Class :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

New peno system is brilliant. Only problem is that it is a bit slow online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think its great! Like the new passing system and the shooting feels much better. So far, so good. :)

mise wrote: »

Ya most people are stupid tbh

Playing a ranked there and a fella got one for a standing tackle on the line of the box, no danger, knew he'd put it down the middle, it's just like when i got World Cup.... just stand for the first few weeks as most just expect to be able to do everything without even putting 2/3mins into practising them.

P.S went on to hammer him 4-0 :pac:

Anyone notice a broken line popping up while playing online?... It's horizontal and grey, looks like the white line that runs down roads, pops up a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Was just messing about on career there for a bit played 2 pre-season friendlies. Love the little news coloum thats there although just seen a news item "L.King picks up a knock" that will get old real quick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHlsR0c8EFU
    To add chants and music to fifa 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Can't get into any online games at all,just stays on the loading screen, My nat is open, I can even hear people in my headset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Anyone actually get the chants to work on xbox? I have the arena music now pumping out some pearl jam, but can't get the chants to do the same in game.

In the match highlights for saving replays, I scored a cracker and wanted to view and upload it to ea sports world, but its not even on the list only my opponents goals, I lost the game, does it not show the losing teams goals???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ShaneU wrote: »
    Can't get into any online games at all,just stays on the loading screen, My nat is open, I can even hear people in my headset.

Unbelievably annoying, "You have lost your connection with the EA servers" or the classic, "You have lost the connection with your opponent".

Hello EA, I've just spent a lot of money on your product and it doesn't work. What the hell?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Whats up with the PK's they are horrible!!!

Yup, i lost the Communtiy Shield to Chelsea on penalties :(. I did like when it was down to the deciding kick, that the controller was rumbling to add dramatic effect. At least, that's what i thought it was :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I'm trying to build up my VP and one of the arena ones says Catch the ball

Now I have done that maybe 10 times and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

no defo not better.. them slider bars are so archaic its a step backwards.

Couldn't disagree with you more. It's a step forwards not backwards.

Gone are the days of 6 way penalties where you merely press one of 5 directions and its as simple as that.

Now there's a skill to it. Having to simply press a direction and shoot is archaic.

Previously when I played with mates in FIFA10 we'd quiet after extra time because penalties were just a game of luck. This new penalty system we always play the penalties because there's skill to it.

Scored a hat-trick as ronaldo in a madrid vs barca 11 on 11 match, of course the losing team host quits in the 90th minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Rank Points when other people quit. Hell ya !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

anybody having trouble playing a pro ranked match in virtual pro?

I have managed only 1 game. any time i go to play one it seems like it hangs for about 5 minutes and says the connection to your opponent has been lost. could it be that there is not enough players at the moment? as i have played a few head to head matches ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Couldn't disagree with you more. It's a step forwards not backwards.

Gone are the days of 6 way penalties where you merely press one of 5 directions and its as simple as that.

Now there's a skill to it. Having to simply press a direction and shoot is archaic.

Previously when I played with mates in FIFA10 we'd quiet after extra time because penalties were just a game of luck. This new penalty system we always play the penalties because there's skill to it.

Not just the skill element, but there is an element of pressure which effects the kick taker. Also 100% agree on the quitting after 120mins with the old system when playing with mates, now they are actually enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Great game but lots of little bugs. Needs a patch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ForceOfNature

hey guys i am thinking of getting this game over the weekend.
    But one thing that really annoyed me about fifa09 and fifa10 was that, when you were playing in a league you were always one game behind everyone else!!!!
    So no last day of the season drama!!

Does anyone know if this is the same with fifa11??

Really annoys me:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Not sure, but on the pre season games I played it showed the other games scores that were on at the same time at the half time interval, which was a really nice touch.

Playing online froze my console twice tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

ShaneU wrote: »
    Playing online froze my console twice tonight

Same here. Cant get online at all. Quite frustrating :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

blindpilot wrote: »
    Same here. Cant get online at all. Quite frustrating :mad:

Everyone having the same problems so? PS3? I keep getting logged out of the EA server in the middle of a match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Jamey wrote: »
    Everyone having the same problems so? PS3? I keep getting logged out of the EA server in the middle of a match

Must be everyone, I was thinking it was my internet as it is all over the shop at the moment, but it seems alright lately but I keep getting cut off in matches.

Oh and I am liking career mode with the news things, Kalou is up for sale by Chelsea and Kanoute just signed for Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Am I missing something in career mode? I got dropped after pre season and my status is a reserve but I don't play reserve matches?
    When I advance to the next matchday it just says not picked and I sim the game, how the feck am I supposed to get back into the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Online is garbage at the moment. Cant go through a game without being disconected.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Jamey wrote: »

Finally got a game but lost connection half way through. Forgot to say I'm on xbox 360.

Advertisement