Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Yup online on PSN is sh1te right now. I had assumed it was my mate downloading stuff that was contributing to it but I haven't enjoyed one game online yet because of the lag and/or disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't blame xbox live or psn, it's the ****ty EA servers that they're forcing us to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

ShaneU wrote: »
    Don't blame xbox live or psn, it's the ****ty EA servers that they're forcing us to use.

Yep. Same sort of sh17 happens with bc2 , losing stats and what not :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How odd is this.

I got bored of my Hamburg be a pro game when I couldn't break into the first team so I started a new one with a new player I created and joined 1860 Munchen. After my 2nd game it pops up in the latest news that 1860 have signed a player on loan from Hamburg, who else but myself from the other game save!
    So now 1860's attacking lineup is Me playing beside...me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭r9ronaldo

played a game with my mate today,i have handballs turned on and the ref we got had really strict setings he ended up giving 4 penalties for hand ball in the one match ha ha,and another penalty and red card for an absolutely nothing tackle!!!1

we played loads more games with different referee and there was not one hand ball penalty or red card.i must say i really enjoy the fact if you get a shocking referee he can ruin a match for you,it makes it so realistic tho plenty of talking points!!!

i also have custom chants but i find there good but a little too low like i have the champions league music for the teams entering the pitch but u cant hear it that gr8 anyone else got that problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Managed to get a few games on head to head and one on 11 v 11 late last night, around 4 or so. Really good fun. if the servers can get sorted I'll be playing this non stop for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Played 6 or 7 games against a mate last night online.. had no problems with servers at all thankfully. Few random weird glitches at the beginning of the match (blank pitch with keeper and ball at the centre circle:confused:) but other than that the game played out well.. all in all i think its a great game, improvement on 10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone know how to get the custom soundtracks on the game? I've got plenty of albums imported onto my PS3 and they're in playlists and I can pick single songs for goals, entrances etc.
    But I dont know how to make a playlist for fifa with numerous songs on it, any help? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get the custom soundtracks on the game? I've got plenty of albums imported onto my PS3 and they're in playlists and I can pick single songs for goals, entrances etc.
    But I dont know how to make a playlist for fifa with numerous songs on it, any help? :confused:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHlsR0c8EFU
    Have a look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

I played a game and won 3 nil...got knocked off the network after full time and its down as a three nil loss! went one down in the next match and then totally lost the connection...now ive a stinkin dnf1!!!
    what gives??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I played a game and won 3 nil...got knocked off the network after full time and its down as a three nil loss! went one down in the next match and then totally lost the connection...now ive a stinkin dnf1!!!
    what gives??

If you get disconnected at any point before the game is over completely then it goes down as a 3-0 loss, it was the same in previous FIFA's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Really in need of a patch.

Keep getting messages form my Ass. Coach that I should play Wilshere as he won't maximise his potential if I don't play him. But he plays loads of games for me as it's him, Fab, Nasri and Ramsey sharing midfield spots with Wilshere/Ramsey starting games against weaker teams/League Cup.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Really in need of a patch.

Keep getting messages form my Ass. Coach that I should play Wilshere as he won't maximise his potential if I don't play him. But he plays loads of games for me as it's him, Fab, Nasri and Ramsey sharing midfield spots with Wilshere/Ramsey starting games against weaker teams/League Cup.

Yeah that happened with me lol. For Cup and weak teams I play.

Mannone

Santon - Koscieny - Djourou - Gibbs

Frimpong - Eastmond

Wilshere - Ramsey - Randall/Lansbury

Vela.

Still get constant messages for most of them, determined to make Frimpong into a superstar :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Redzer7 wrote: »

Nice. I love the crowd's reaction. OOOH... YEAH!!
    Keep getting messages form my Ass. Coach that I should play Wilshere as he won't maximise his potential if I don't play him.
    I got Wilshere on loan and he starts most games and I too have got this message from my coach.

Great start for me online.!
    9 wins and no losses.
    Happy happy happy. :)
    My big problem in fifa 10 was conceeding too many goals.
    I love the way you have to work to get past defenders.
    Must suck to be one of those peeps who rely on the Chelsea duo ( Drogba and Anelka ) to plough through Central Defenders! :P

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Great start for me online.!
    9 wins and no losses.
    Happy happy happy. :)
    My big problem in fifa 10 was conceeding too many goals.
    I love the way you have to work to get past defenders.
    Must suck to be one of those peeps who rely on the Chelsea duo ( Drogba and Anelka ) to plough through Central Defenders! :P

Not too bad for myself played 7 won 6 and drew 1 :).

Thats a stupid option that you can end it as a draw :(.

Not too bad for myself played 7 won 6 and drew 1 :).

Thats a stupid option that you can end it as a draw :(.

Sure is stupid!
    Am I right in saying you get rank points even if the other person quits? That killed me last year:mad:

Sure is stupid!
    Am I right in saying you get rank points even if the other person quits? That killed me last year:mad:

Yeah man I think you do, have had about 3-4 quitters already though :(.

• Advertisement

Sure is stupid!

You always did :confused:

It just didn't show up on screen as the game ended but if you were following your rank you'd notice the change.

You always did :confused:

It just didn't show up on screen as the game ended but if you were following your rank you'd notice the change.

Seen you ranked 15th in the country today ;),
    And I know you should know more about this than any of us but in Fifa 10 it didn't mate.

Seen you ranked 15th in the country today ;),
    And I know you should know more about this than any of us but in Fifa 10 it didn't mate.

tbh i always follow my rank especially in a DQ game and ive always got the points, the only problems i've had are when someone froze the screen, but if you waited it out it would eventually pop up(connection lost) otherwise if u quit you'd get the loss.

Ya i should be higher but have had some gammy losses to fellas with 1/2/3 shots all game :mad:, one fella passed it into my net in the 90th min and won 1-0 after having 1 shot all game.

Want to start levelling up my Pro though, i can't be bothered playing offline games and 11 a side ranked games are a waste of time with all the L1 retards who won't play right :(... ive done a few offline games(getting a few boosts and have most of the arena ones done) but prefer online so looking to start clubs soon.

tbh i always follow my rank especially in a DQ game and ive always got the points, the only problems i've had are when someone froze the screen, but if you waited it out it would eventually pop up(connection lost) otherwise if u quit you'd get the loss.

Ya i should be higher but have had some gammy losses to fellas with 1/2/3 shots all game :mad:, one fella passed it into my net in the 90th min and won 1-0 after having 1 shot all game.

Want to start levelling up my Pro though, i can't be bothered playing offline games and 11 a side ranked games are a waste of time with all the L1 retards who won't play right :(... ive done a few offline games(getting a few boosts and have most of the arena ones done) but prefer online so looking to start clubs soon.
    I remembered your PSN from last club so it was obviously for a good reason.
    Think you were playing ANY, or CM for us?

Think I'm 55% cleared now, dying to get the club up and running :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Apparently I'm not old enough to access the EA serves. Absolute fúcking bollox!:mad:
    I played FIFA10 on it no bother, WTF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Hey, has anyone got a 48 hour gold trial to spare please please! Much appreciated if you do, can you PM me it please.

On a side not, much prefer the career mode now, but still the gameface is buggy, as I cant get the skin tone just right, it always looks too dark/light every time.

I remembered your PSN from last club so it was obviously for a good reason.
    Think you were playing ANY, or CM for us?

Think I'm 55% cleared now, dying to get the club up and running :).

Ya i'd be happy with him(my VP) around the 82/83 mark, would be enough to get by.

Ya i went ANY a bit, but you don't get to level up your player so no point in doing it for now
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Apparently I'm not old enough to access the EA serves. Absolute fúcking bollox!:mad:
    I played FIFA10 on it no bother, WTF?

Accounts are free and take two mins to set up..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

What's with the points you accumulate after every game in career mode? (Not league points)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I am loving the way you can put in your own custom chants it really adds to the atmosphere :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not playing on world class anymore, can't tell the difference between central defenders playing for Stevenage or Barcelona, ridiculous how the game lets them barge into you with rugby tackles and get away with it.

Advertisement