Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Same as myself gone down to professional its much better and I can score now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

That doesn't sound too promising :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Was playing a lad there online. Beat him twice and we were setting up our third game. I had just played as Spurs, but then chose Bayern. On going into my squad list pre match, it still showed Spurs players, all with number 10. :confused:

I just went back and went to start game and on the arena screen I was dribbling with Modric, until a second later the whole screen just froze and that was that. I just shut down the machine. I got one other major freeze just before another game too, but I think that was in my own offline league!

Apart from a few issues like that I'm enjoying it, it's definitely tougher than 10, but it's all the more satisfying when a well worked goal comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Twice this morning I've been winning 3-0 only to lose my connection and both go down as a loss :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Frisbee wrote: »
    Twice this morning I've been winning 3-0 only to lose my connection and both go down as a loss :mad:

I was on a seven match winning streak online when that happened to me. It's the poxy EA servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Cheapest place to pick it up lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

14murphy wrote: »
    Cheapest place to pick it up lads ?

think tesco at 39.95e

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I'm guessing thats the cheapest i'l get

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Yeah Tesco would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Probably already asked but is it possible to get an Irish team into Europe in Career mode?? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had a thriller of a game against united in semi finals of english cup,they beat me in the first leg 2-1 at villa park and then at old trafford I went 1-0 up then it was 1-1 then 2-1 to them then 3-1 :O then I started coming back 3-2,3-3,then rooney scored the winner in dying second of the game to make it 4-3,bastard :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dunny! wrote: »
    Probably already asked but is it possible to get an Irish team into Europe in Career mode?? Thanks.

Haven't played it yet but this year I do believe you can do that.

I'm loving the new FIFA this year. There's no more of just getting the ball with a strong forward and just running through the centre of defence. Now you have to keep the ball, pass it across the line a few times and then pick your spot and try make a defence splitting pass.

Fizman wrote: »
    Was playing a lad there online. Beat him twice and we were setting up our third game. I had just played as Spurs, but then chose Bayern. On going into my squad list pre match, it still showed Spurs players, all with number 10. :confused:

I just went back and went to start game and on the arena screen I was dribbling with Modric, until a second later the whole screen just froze and that was that. I just shut down the machine. I got one other major freeze just before another game too, but I think that was in my own offline league!

That just happened to me there, wasn't against the same person but for my next game the United squad showed up for Inter, then it froze and i had to restart.

Barely two days in and i'm avoiding Real Madrid already, sick of gomies who have to pick them every game and think they're class cause they have 7/8 players who are the fastest in the game.

I haven't picked them yet and don't intend too, no problems playing any other team but they're by far the edge team. All player fast and imposing in the air, as well as strong so they win the ball easy(attackers and all)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

That just happened to me there, wasn't against the same person but for my next game the United squad showed up for Inter, then it froze and i had to restart.

Barely two days in and i'm avoiding Real Madrid already, sick of gomies who have to pick them every game and think they're class cause they have 7/8 players who are the fastest in the game.

I haven't picked them yet and don't intend too, no problems playing any other team but they're by far the edge team. All player fast and imposing in the air, as well as strong so they win the ball easy(attackers and all)

I know what you mean. I picked Inter (4.5 stars wtf like?) and was playing against said gomer with Madrid and it felt like all my players, Etoo aside, were running in quick sand in comparison. I haven't picked them yet and can't see myself doing so anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Had to laugh at career mode. Playing as just a player, not manager or player/manager, and after getting injured in my first game and having to sit out about 10 games where I didn't get picked, after a run of 8 games where I scored about 16 times, I got a email from the assistant coach telling me to pick up my game or I would be transfer listed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Is it possible to enter a created team into career mode?
    Cheers

dan1895 wrote: »
    Is it possible to enter a created team into career mode?
    Cheers

Nope I'm afraid not :(, you can sign them though.

Pants
    Don't think i'll be parting with my money for this so.

Pants
    Don't think i'll be parting with my money for this so.

You can however go to club transfers outside of the manager mode and put them all to the team you wish. Then start a manager mode.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    You can however go to club transfers outside of the manager mode and put them all to the team you wish. Then start a manager mode.

Transfer the players or the club?:confused:

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I picked Inter (4.5 stars wtf like?) and was playing against said gomer with Madrid and it felt like all my players, Etoo aside, were running in quick sand in comparison. I haven't picked them yet and can't see myself doing so anytime soon.

Ya if they were fast but not strong/good in the air it would balance out, like Barca' your not going to win anything in the air with them, but Real do it all :rolleyes:

Nice to see lofted through balls are the new exploit, they seem to be separate from pro passing so most people are just hitting them all the time. One thing that's annoying me in relation to that is that if a ball isn't coming high at your player he will chest it even though your pressing X to get something on it, so if your defender collects a lofted through ball with a striker near him the striker just takes it off him and gets in.

Transfer the players or the club?:confused:

Like go to club transfers in "My Fifa 11" and chose say Accrinton Stanley, then go to free agents and all the created players should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Guys - How do I get my VP to take free kicks in the arena? Can't seem to change the taker for some reason.

Also, when I edit him as a GK and I want him saving penos in the arena he's not in goals - how come?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Renn wrote: »
    Guys - How do I get my VP to take free kicks in the arena? Can't seem to change the taker for some reason.

Press the D-pad in any direction to get him to take a freekick in the arena.

Changing the taker? Maybe you mean the practice mode, hold down RT (or maybe LT, can't remember off the top of my head!), and select him from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have played this for the majority of the weekend. It's good but it's damn frustrating to keep possession but I am enjoying the challenge though.

I do like that one on one scenario's are somewhat difficult to come by and good to see that the keepers have seemingly been tuned up which is also a welcome addition.

The custom chants/music is a good addition and has worked rather well thus far.

Commentary is pretty much the same as last year with a bit of new lines thrown in. Still a bit of a glitch in the commentary. Went to take a goal kick to which Martin Tyler screams "And he's in!!!" Bit strange.

The new substitution screen is a welcome addition but has anyone else noticed (using PS3 btw) that there's a bit of silence just before the camera switches to the sub coming on? A little annoying but nothing to get picky about.

One thing I've noticed about the gameplay is that the CPU use the tricks and stepovers and what not. Never really saw that last year so that's quite cool.

Attacking is an awful pain in the hole. Every player in front of me seems to always be offside and so I have to pull the ball back and try again but by the time that happens the box is packed with opposing players and my rare attack fizzes out.

Speaking of offside, an opposing player played me onside but yet I was flagged as off. Infuriating. Has happened a fair bit.

It's a decent game overall and is certainly poses more of a challenge than it did last year that's for sure although some of the ratings imo are extremely generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ledmanroy

To play as vp GK for penalties in the arena, you have to wait for the ball to be in the 18 yard box and then press the d-pad in any direction.

you have to do it for every penalty though!!

For taking free kicks with your vp, what i did was go to team management and change my vp to the default fk taker, im sure you can also press the dpad at anytime outside of the 18yard box also

Can you sim games in Career mode, trying to get the play a season as a gk trophy but was just hoping to sim through the season in 10 minutes.
    Anybody know what the story is with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

ledmanroy wrote: »
    Can you sim games in Career mode, trying to get the play a season as a gk trophy but was just hoping to sim through the season in 10 minutes.
    Anybody know what the story is with this?

Yeah, you can sim the whole season and get the achivement/trophy.

Advertisement