Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Here's that Modric goal by the way ;): http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/40327888

Can't believe nobody's using Munich, i'm unbeaten in around 10 games with them, picked them most time in my last 6/7 games. In 69 games i haven't played them once.

Gomez/Klose- nippy enough and great in the air, destroying people down the wings and feeding the big men, makes getting down the middle easier too as they're not just covering in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Can't believe nobody's using Munich, i'm unbeaten in around 10 games with them, picked them most time in my last 6/7 games. In 69 games i haven't played them once.

Gomez/Klose- nippy enough and great in the air, destroying people down the wings and feeding the big men, makes getting down the middle easier too as they're not just covering in there.

I never usually picked 'big' teams in FIFA10, Athletico Madrid were my favourites, closely followed by Villa. Still haven't got going on FIFA11 yet.:(

If I set up another a/c on my XBox will I be able to play pnline without have to buy and extra XL subscription?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

baz2009 wrote: »
    I never usually picked 'big' teams in FIFA10, Athletico Madrid were my favourites, closely followed by Villa. Still haven't got going on FIFA11 yet.:(

+1

Dortmund, Bremen, Galatasary, Ajax, Atleti and Valencia were my teams to use on 10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love getting teams like fc twente,newcastle,wolves,villa,everton into europe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The EA servers are starting to get a bit frustrating now. I have 17 wins and 4 losses, 3 of those losses came from disconnections! The last one, I was one nil down in the first half, the game disconnects and when I check in the player hub, neither of us got a DNF but yet he still got the win. It's annoying because it was so early in the first half and I know I would have equalized and gone on to win :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Haven't had too many problems with the EA servers since day 1 tbh. Had 4 great games against the same lad a while ago. He was about 10 levels ahead of me in ranking but there was nothing in the 4 games. I won 1, he won 1 and we drew 2. Was nice to beat him with Holland when he had Spain.

Christ Puyol is ridiculously good/fast. Last 20 mins of a fast paced game and I bring on all my speed merchants. Elia (who is lightening couldn't outrun a tiring Puyol and continuously got barged off the ball from angles where it didn't look possible. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it is a little frustrating when in real life he be left for dead at that stage.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I love this game online so far, I don't score much (bad finishing but loads of chances) but I can defend quite well. Once I get the finishing going I should be back to my old levels. It's a wonderfully tactical game and always enjoyable, bar the sluts who cross the ball 24/7.

I'm off online to play again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

x PyRo wrote: »
    I love this game online so far, I don't score much (bad finishing but loads of chances) but I can defend quite well. Once I get the finishing going I should be back to my old levels. It's a wonderfully tactical game and always enjoyable, bar the sluts who cross the ball 24/7.

I'm off online to play again. :pac:

You bollix, if I didn't have to be up in a couple of hours I'd be on for another good bit. :)

Ya one good thing about the defenders being stronger now is that you really have to work at getting around the back of them. Drawing the man and passing and moving are all vital now for decent progression. Like you my defending is quite good (I must work on my heading though as I seem to be losing a stupid ratio of them) but my finishing can leave a lot to be desired. Looking forward to the PS3 league starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cloud89

Really enjoying online good tight games to be had in games, I also seem to be coming back from goals down as late as the 93 minute and so on which adds to the overall excitment.
    But my question is I was playing last night against a guy. He was disapearing for a good minute or 2 at a time. I was waiting around for him to come back did'nt want to score when he not there. I was up 1-0 at half time. He started sending me voice messages saying that if I did'nt leave the game he would report me to Fifa and saying he had family members working for EA. Is he trying to intimadate me into conceding the game or could there have been a problem on my side?
    I eventually left as I was sick off the abuse. It put a small dent into my good nights work. Currently in the 80's in Ireland hoping to get into the top 50 today, then onwards and upwards hopefully.

Just to let ya know i am on xbox 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Another thing I like about this years game is that its not as easy to beat a player with skill.
    In FIFA 10 it was fairly easy to bomb down the wing using all flicks and tricks on legendary.
    But this year (on world class for me) its actually rare to beat a player with a piece of skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I managed to get as far as 6th in the Irish leaderboards and all of a sudden I cant score for ****e. My goals per game ratio is nearly at a solid 2 now! :(

I absolutely detest Live season. If your playing someone with it and they pick an inform team 9/10 headers/tackles etc will be won by them.

Also has anyone noticed some of the runs the AI make for you are horrible? Dont know how many times ive been running down the wing, with my striker running out towards the corner flag instead of getting into the box.

Also have lost a few goals now from kicking the ball out and their defender giving a pin point hoof straight to their unmarkerd forward right at the edge of the box. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Cloud89 wrote: »
    Really enjoying online good tight games to be had in games, I also seem to be coming back from goals down as late as the 93 minute and so on which adds to the overall excitment.
    But my question is I was playing last night against a guy. He was disapearing for a good minute or 2 at a time. I was waiting around for him to come back did'nt want to score when he not there. I was up 1-0 at half time. He started sending me voice messages saying that if I did'nt leave the game he would report me to Fifa and saying he had family members working for EA. Is he trying to intimadate me into conceding the game or could there have been a problem on my side?
    I eventually left as I was sick off the abuse. It put a small dent into my good nights work. Currently in the 80's in Ireland hoping to get into the top 50 today, then onwards and upwards hopefully.

Sounds like he was just trying to get you to quit so he could take the win. I would never, never have quit. As a rule, I never act the bollocks in a game, but he sounds like he would have deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cloud89 wrote: »

He is a pathetic sore loser who thinks the only way you can beat him is by cheating.

These idiots read about people hacking in Call of Duty or Halo and think that all games are hacked or modded, you cant alter online play in FIFA. You can glitch goals and find exploits, but as you were 1-0 up and trying not to punish him for leaving the game you sound like the type of player who doesnt do that.

The only thing to do is to message him back saying something along the lines of : Report me if you want, I have nothing to hide, I am not a cheater. Grow up.

And by all means dont quit and give him the win. Sadly there are tons of these losers on FIFA, I had a guy send me messages like that after I beat him 7-1 in World Cup. I told him I used to play the game at a competitive level and he needed to practise more. Then blocked communications with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

joe123 wrote: »
    Also have lost a few goals now from kicking the ball out and their defender giving a pin point hoof straight to their unmarkerd forward right at the edge of the box. :mad:

Your bang on with this one, it seems if you don't win the header from a goal kick then they get in almost instantly. The defense seems to spead really wide and so theres a huge gap between the centre halfs and the strikers have about 5 yards of space.

And don't get me started on the back post cross goals, if a wide player gets a cross in to the back post its almost an instant goal and the defenders don't jump or contest at all. I have played a few games already where a players entire game plan revolves around these two things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    He is a pathetic sore loser who thinks the only way you can beat him is by cheating.

These idiots read about people hacking in Call of Duty or Halo and think that all games are hacked or modded, you cant alter online play in FIFA. You can glitch goals and find exploits, but as you were 1-0 up and trying not to punish him for leaving the game you sound like the type of player who doesnt do that.

The only thing to do is to message him back saying something along the lines of : Report me if you want, I have nothing to hide, I am not a cheater. Grow up.

And by all means dont quit and give him the win. Sadly there are tons of these losers on FIFA, I had a guy send me messages like that after I beat him 7-1 in World Cup. I told him I used to play the game at a competitive level and he needed to practise more. Then blocked communications with him.

After running into quitters a lot in FIFA10, the only way to deal with it is to report them straight away. Then avoid them.

There's so many weird things these people do, like pausing for a full 30 seconds 3 times in a row, hoping that you'll quit. Or if they are a few goals down, they just stop playing. So when you wait and see if they come back they spring into life when they see a chance. The most annoying to me is when they go up by a goal or to they pass it around and do all the L££T tricks, as if nobody else in the world can do it.

God I hate this game sometimes.

So crossing is now a glitch goal? :rolleyes:

Crossing requires a few points.

Timing
    Ability-Crosser/header
    Space.
    Measure-power

I'm using teams that can do these things plus use it on the ground. It's called football, most teams cross it a lot, it also makes your gameplan less predictable.

You can't score a cross if you can't get a cross in ;)

Lofted through balls are a glitch though, i've been caught by 60 yard ones from their own half, there is zero skill involved in this, you can't defend it.0

You can however defend a cross.
    1. stop winger
    2. cover dangerman in box with your CB if winger is free

Agree about the kick outs and defence splitting open. The only way to avoid it is bomb your kickouts full power, it only happened to me when i dropped it around midfield, i think it's only from a ''ball in play'' kickout too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

joe123 wrote: »
    Also has anyone noticed some of the runs the AI make for you are horrible? Dont know how many times ive been running down the wing, with my striker running out towards the corner flag instead of getting into the box.

This has been doing my nut in, although if you get through before the defenders can get back there's a chance your forward can get an unmarked header between the two defenders.

I had a guy try that trick on me the other night, was 3-0 at about 65mins and he just gave up, I assume hoping that I'd quit. Instead I just kept banging in the goals to build up my goal difference and then had him moaning at me after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Scored a hat trick with my virtual pro in an online game, delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Timing
    Ability-Crosser/header
    Space.
    Measure-power

I'm using teams that can do these things plus use it on the ground. It's called football, most teams cross it a lot, it also makes your gameplan less predictable.

Lofted through balls are a glitch though, i've been caught by 60 yard ones from their own half, there is zero skill involved in this, you can't defend it.0

1. stop winger

Your right, except that when you get to the byline and cross to the back post you will get a free header everytime. For some reason the defense AI doesn't jump to try and contest the header at all.

Frankly your agument about defending a cross is just silly, of course you can try to stop the winger but the problem is that if you close the winger, then the man in the box is not marked by the centre back controlled by the AI. But if you don't close the winger down and mark the danger man they get a free cross so its a catch 22.

I could make the same points about defending a lofted through ball, close the man in possession or take control of the centre back and move him deep, or play the offside trap etc, see i can be facetious too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Timing
    Ability-Crosser/header
    Space.
    Measure-power

1. stop winger

Agree about the kick outs and defence splitting open. The only way to avoid it is bomb your kickouts full power, it only happened to me when i dropped it around midfield, i think it's only from a ''ball in play'' kickout too.

Jesus, you're ridiculously arrogant.
    And I'm saying it nicely too.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I CANNOT STAND F**KERS THAT WATCH SH1T GOAL REPLAYS OVER AND OVER 3 TIMES. TAP INS....

I dont mind watching a replay of an oppenents goal, IF its worth looking at.

AGGGHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The defending online is making me not play this game. I mean it seems to be the way every year, they fix something important and then mess up something more important. I was reasonably happy with the improvements to the goalkeepers but the defenders just run in the opposite direction on crosses and when I try to jockey the likes of Drogba with Vidic when against Chelsea and I'm United, Ferdinand disappears and Evra and O'Shea don't come inside to cover Malouda and Anelka.

After about an hour of playing it I thought this game was finally the answer to all my moanings about FIFA 10 but yet again EA have fixed the problems with the previous edition and added new ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

After letting this very dissapointing new edition of FIFA do my head in for the last few days i finally traded it back in to gamestop yesterday. The gameplay is inferior in everyway to FIFA10 and i'm sorry i gave 10 away to a kid on the street now.:( The chap behind the counter said they where surprised at the amount of returns they have recieved in the last couple of days from unhappy customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Attackers suddenly stopping for half a step when running onto a through ball, giving the defender time to tackle - check.

Defenders suddenly stopping for half a step when running to clear a ball, giving the attacker space to shoot - check.

Trick moves no longer need to take you around a defender, they simply make you ghost through him. While you appear to ice skate.

They've tried to make it more realistic - which should be great. Unfortunately it's taken out a lot of the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mister men wrote: »
    After letting this very dissapointing new edition of FIFA do my head in for the last few days i finally traded it back in to gamestop yesterday. The gameplay is inferior in everyway to FIFA10 and i'm sorry i gave 10 away to a kid on the street now.:( The chap behind the counter said they where surprised at the amount of returns they have recieved in the last couple of days from unhappy customers.

Stick to PES then.. IMO its way better than 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Am I the only one who actually thinks the game is really good? A lot of improvements on Fifa 10 and WC game, am very happy with it.

Yes there are problems and I think there will always be something to moan about no matter what, but definitely an improvement overall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I love this game too t-bone, it's gone back to 09 which I thought was the best football game I have ever played, only thing is the online needs to work, it reminds me of PES2008 game freezes and you look at your opponent and he just scored a goal or something, then it's the who can wait the longest before quitting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who actually thinks the game is really good? A lot of improvements on Fifa 10 and WC game, am very happy with it.

Yes there are problems and I think there will always be something to moan about no matter what, but definitely an improvement overall.

I agree. I'm growing to love it the more I play it. I was playing as Man Utd a lot in manager mode and getting a bit bored of it, but the last few days I've been playing friendlies as Werder Bremen, Sevilla, Spurs etc and it's so much more more enjoyable not playing as the "big" teams.

I have been very frustrated with it at times, but i think that stems from adjusting from the previous game and the fact that the usual tricks and style I use is now inferior and the more I play the more I realise that this game doesn't reward furious attacking like the previous games, but actually rewards build up play. In Fifa 10 and WC game, I was Kevin Keegan where I'd just try and score more goals with relentless attacking, but that simply doesn't work with this game, and I'm sure some people are probably frustrated with that.

I love it. No chance of trading it in.

Advertisement