Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Awh who ends a game in a draw :( .stupid option , I was losing 2 nil then winning 3-2 and he scores with last kick of the game to make it 3-3 and then ends game as draw and then no rematch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just got cracking since the stats reset.

As Liverpool I beat Chelsea 1-0 and Inter 3-0. Then a lad picked Real so I went Barca and won 2-0. Nice start. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing on professional and finding it very hard to score goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Fizman wrote: »

As Liverpool I beat Chelsea 1-0 and Inter 3-0. Then a lad picked Real so I went Barca and won 2-0. Nice start. :)
    Stats reset??????? Lovely, the amount of times ive lost to late goals. I had won 25 drew 7 and lost 10/11, all losses were by no more than 1 goal and most of them late goals, head wrecking:(

FFS. My next two games I get disconnected and down as two losses. Think my flatmate is downloading torrents and fcuked me up. Grrrrrrrrr. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I wish I could have the attacking set to World Class and the defending set to Professional.

At any difficulty level I'm usually fine keeping the other team out or at least limiting them to just the single goal, even on legendary. But attacking-wise it's just impossible to penetrate the defence on the higher difficulty levels for me. I just get scraps all the time. They just look at you and you're already dispossessed.

EDIT: And just after I say that, I beat Zenit on World Class 5-0 with Genoa. Ah gotta love FIFA.

Just noticed, no Mutu in the game which is slightly annoying (and he's not under an alias either)

Just noticed, no Mutu in the game which is slightly annoying (and he's not under an alias either)

Probably because FIFA didn't want parents ringing up complaining that they don't want to see their kids controlling some coke addict in video games. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Probably because FIFA didn't want parents ringing up complaining that they don't want to see their kids controlling some coke addict in video games. :)

Well he was in previous fifa's under an alias and as recently as the 2010 world cup game he was in it under his real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What are peoples views on saving replays of online goals? I scored prob my best goal so far today with Nasri against Chelsea but didn't want to waste the other persons time saving it.

Would you save a goal you scored in an online game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Stats reset? Balls. I had a nice little run going. 10 wins, no draws and 1 loss.

FFS :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Frisbee wrote: »
    What are peoples views on saving replays of online goals? I scored prob my best goal so far today with Nasri against Chelsea but didn't want to waste the other persons time saving it.

Hmmm, how do you mean? You can't save it as it happens, I think

AFAIK, saving the online replay is only possible at the end of a match, on the "Match Highlights" screen, so it won't affect the person you played.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Hmmm, how do you mean? You can't save it as it happens, I think

AFAIK, saving the online replay is only possible at the end of a match, on the "Match Highlights" screen, so it won't affect the person you played.

Ah ok perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

At the end of every match you can view and save individual match highlights, so nobody has to wait around. Just don't forget to select it oce the match is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

When trying to save a few goals lately that have been scored late on in the game I have found that they are not present in the "Match Highlights" :mad:

If there are plenty of chances / goals it seems that the highlights only shows ten or so clips and doesn't show any others which occured later on in the match.

Has anyone else experienced this? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Sure have Wools, scored a cracking winner deep into injury time in ET in an epic game recently.. looked to save it but no luck:( But they did have a highlight of the ball slowly rolling up to the keeper:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is anyone getting the game freezing in ranked games and it's down to whoever quits first? Bloody annoying.

On the game itself I'm just not enjoying the game. Online once you meet higher ranked opponents Every game feels the exact same and that being a pure slog. Boring dull matches where nothing happens. A constant long ball over the top in hope the defender will miss it or a goal from a cross.
    EVERY game.

I try pass it around might get a nice goal only to be undone by a ridiculous lobbed through ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Is anyone else not able to get online. Every time i turn on my system its says i have to re download my online pass as it is corrupt. I have been onto ea support all day trying to get it sorted. They are not helpful in the slightest. There only solution was to make a new user on my Ps3 and have to create a new online account. That means i will lose all saved data on my games and have to start from scratch, which is a joke. It went form working with fifa world cup, to all of a sudden not workin. I told whoever was "helping" me that I did not want to do this and every 20 mins they'd try to sneak the idea back in.

Its a joke at this stage.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

You save at the end "under match highlights", not during the match ya mad thing:p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone else find the manual through balls really sluggish?
    I switched to manual the other day but even if I power it up the through pass just seems slow and sluggish.
    Had to switch it back to assisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone else find the manual through balls really sluggish?
    I switched to manual the other day but even if I power it up the through pass just seems slow and sluggish.
    Had to switch it back to assisted.

Actually I think its the total opposite but lofted through balls can be a bit dodgy at times.. but thats probably to do with the pro passing. Stick with the manual settings mate:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Two rage quits this evening :(
    It's so so irritating as it's very hard for me to win with Wolves and when I do these ****ers just quit on me. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Have had a go bash of it.

I like it, but unless they patch the lofted through balls i won't be playing this past xmas.

Pro passing my ****, it certainly is pro passing for me as 60-40 possession to me is common in most games, which means their midfield/defence is packed in tight and it's impossible to get through it.

But they get the ball out and they have a 2 v 4 on my defence and ping pong passing has now just been replaced by lofted through balls.
    From CB's to Wingers to Strikers, any player can drop them on a sixpence.

Why bother introducing pro passing and yet again exempting the hardest pass to pull off? :rolleyes:

There yet again is zero advantage to being the better player and building up your play, advantage to the team who wins the ball deep in defence.

Nice to see momentum is still in there too... seems a bit different though, countless games i've had have ended in draws because of it.

I'd be all over them, they'd get a goal and i'd score straight away then its back to a stalemate or the more common one where i get 1 up, can't get a 2nd and they get a goal with their 1/2 chances all game :mad:

Most of my complaints come back to lofted through balls as that's how i'm conceding 90% of my goals(including the momentum games), just after playing a lad who's whole game plan was lofted balls, they really need to patch it, if they can't it's a massive **** up by EA, did they not play test this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

I'm finding lofted through balls useless 90% of the time, rarely go where i want them to and when they do the power is either too little or too much. I play offline btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Have had a go bash of it.

I like it, but unless they patch the lofted through balls i won't be playing this past xmas.

Pro passing my ****, it certainly is pro passing for me as 60-40 possession to me is common in most games, which means their midfield/defence is packed in tight and it's impossible to get through it.

But they get the ball out and they have a 2 v 4 on my defence and ping pong passing has now just been replaced by lofted through balls.
    From CB's to Wingers to Strikers, any player can drop them on a sixpence.

Why bother introducing pro passing and yet again exempting the hardest pass to pull off? :rolleyes:

There yet again is zero advantage to being the better player and building up your play, advantage to the team who wins the ball deep in defence.

Nice to see momentum is still in there too... seems a bit different though, countless games i've had have ended in draws because of it.

I'd be all over them, they'd get a goal and i'd score straight away then its back to a stalemate or the more common one where i get 1 up, can't get a 2nd and they get a goal with their 1/2 chances all game :mad:

Most of my complaints come back to lofted through balls as that's how i'm conceding 90% of my goals(including the momentum games), just after playing a lad who's whole game plan was lofted balls, they really need to patch it, if they can't it's a massive **** up by EA, did they not play test this?

EXACTLY what im experiencing in online ranked matches. Every game online now consists of lofted through balls. I have all the possession, they get the ball lofted through ball to Ronaldo.

Online play usually goes like this....Lofted through ball...cross...header...goal.

Boring crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Yeah im beginning to notice a trend after playing a few ranked games. Im a pretty good player of fifa, but keep getting caught out by people lobbing a through ball to the winger, racing down, doing a early long cross, header, goal. Same thing every time they get the ball, literally.

Especially if they play as Chelsea, its a long ball to anelka or malouda, race down the wing then cross to drogba who usually headers for a goal.

They got rid of this exploit for FIFA WC2010 and now its back... WTF?!:confused:

Also, whats with all the people who go a goal down, then act like they've stopped playing, then when you go to tackle them, they do a quick pass and counter attack... Is there another exploit emerging there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What's the story with handball, can you do them on purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I remember you talking about this in Fifa 10, and tbh mate, I dunno what your talking about. theres no such thing i think.
    you might go on a good run of games, then you might go on a bad run. Dont thinks its anything to do with 'Momentum'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

fullstop wrote: »
    What's the story with handball, can you do them on purpose?
    Ya press L1 and double tap Triangle when the ball is up in the air.

i was joking by the way! Ofcourse you cant handball it on purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

1zvg12d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Trying to score in this game is horribly frustrating. I haven't played a FIFA since 08 but jumped in at Pro difficulty anyway. The midfield always seems to be packed with players, and finding any sort of gaps is like finding a needle in a haystack. I often find myself resorting to crosses and have someone like Klose knock in a header despite being marked by 3 defenders.

Falling victim to the uncontrollable is something that is also really annoying me. Conceding a goal thanks to a lofted through ball is very frustrating because I can't see any way that you can defend against it. Likewise, having a striker rise above 3 defenders for a free header has had me throwing the controller on more than a few occasions!

Advertisement