Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I've had that happen to me twice, it's not like 08/09 where they used to make it freeze and the loading circle would come up, in those instance they would do something as you tried skip the replay but the game NEVER restarted.

Now in the two games i've had it happen, the game has restarted 3/4 times although after the 3rd/4th time they froze it and a slightly longer pause a ''disconnection notice'' came up.

It's really pathetic the things some people do to get wins, im done with ranked games from now on, i've proved for four titles in a row i can get highly ranked.
    But you'll never get no.1 or near it because of the boosters and you always come across people like that who freeze the game or just generally play annoyingly. Also playing Madrid/Chelsea 90% of the time is getting seriously boring, i haven't picked Madrid since the demo, and only go Chelsea if they pick Madridd/Barca(but not always).

Least I'm not the only one who this happened to... I have no idea how they can "freeze" the game either!!

In fairness Gilberto - your doing fairly well in the PS3 Irish rankings (I'm not too far away from you btw ;) )..

I enjoy playing against unknown players in ranked games online and will continue to do so. Beating the computer doesn't feel as rewarding for me!

thewools wrote: »
    Least I'm not the only one who this happened to... I have no idea how they can "freeze" the game either!!

In fairness Gilberto - your doing fairly well in the PS3 Irish rankings (I'm not too far away from you btw ;) )..

I enjoy playing against unknown players in ranked games online and will continue to do so. Beating the computer doesn't feel as rewarding for me!

Ya it happened twice when i was winning, and in the first instance your man completly gave up, controller left down job, and then it started to happen.

I know ya but 1 and 2 are two boosting cheats, so attaining no.1 is never possible and year after year i can get into the top 10(without abusing a 5 star team) i just don't think it proves anything, and it only pisses me off these days.

Oh i agree, i NEVER play the AI, i meant i was going to stick to playing unranked instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ya it happened twice when i was winning, and in the first instance your man completly gave up, controller left down job, and then it started to happen.

I know ya but 1 and 2 are two boosting cheats, so attaining no.1 is never possible and year after year i can get into the top 10(without abusing a 5 star team) i just don't think it proves anything, and it only pisses me off these days.

Oh i agree, i NEVER play the AI, i meant i was going to stick to playing unranked instead.

This doesnt seem to be a forced glitch by the other user but just another one of the many many bugs found in fifa 11.

It has happened to me loads of times at this stage to the point where I cant be arsed sitting round waiting for the other fella to quit now.

What happens is the loading circle will come up. Then itl look like your opponent has left down his controller where infact the exact same thing is happening his end. Id be say 4-1 up my end just walking goals into the net and id look at his profile and he could 6-1 up obviously doing the same thing.

Then once the ball goes out for a throw or full time the game will freeze and its down to whoever quits first.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Whats the freezing thing your all on about?

Whats the freezing thing your all on about?

If you read the posts above it explains things.

Basically your opponent is been a d*ck and wants you to quit so they get the win!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

What a loser the leader of the PS3 Irish league rankings is... hes obviously got 4 or 5 accounts:rolleyes: Just noticed hes top of the manual leaderboard too, FFS yad struggle to score 1 never mind 6 goals on manual playing with UCD against Chelsea... EA need to sort this out, its a joke at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

If you read the posts above it explains things.

Basically your opponent is been a d*ck and wants you to quit so they get the win!!!

But how can they freeze it?:confused: don't think i have come across it.......yet:P

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Lads look like at least some of the issues will be fixed by an upcoming patch http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/20488.page.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

I wonder will they do something about rankings staying the same when the opposition quits after the final whistle. Had two matches, first quit at FT and the second at 88'

The most annoying thing. Especially because I recently took a dip in my ranking and find myself stuck when I'm getting a winning streak on.

Obv. final whistle should be final. but I wonder if there is a way to track which player instigates the disconnection. Like if a losing team suffers a sudden disconnection due to quitting, shutting down the system/game from the system menu, can the developers be certain of this and if not give a ranking penalty, at least reward the winning team at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm only level four (no interest in levelling up) and only want to play on line for a bit of enjoyment, but it seems, this is impossible. Everyone picks Madrid or Chelsea and if you get the better of them they quit or force you to quit.

Have to agree with you on this. Was trying to play online last night and every player I was matched with sat on one Athletico Madrid on the selection screen so I picked Wolfsburg. Next thing he skips over to Madrid and picks them. I quit as I've no interest in simply playing against the wall for the whole game. I research, get the same fella, he picks Madrid and I say feck it I'll be Chelsea and then HE QUITS!!!

Unreal the amount of prats out there.

On your second point, there should be a quit penalty similar to Uncharted 2 where if you quit your rank takes an absolute battering and you cant rejoin a game for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

dont know if anyone has had these glitches but they piss me off. twice last night I played and they picked aek athens but when the game started it was the classic XI team full of unreal players.

Also has anyone else noticed the post glitch? I did it a few times in the arena and thought it might be an arena problem. I hit the post with good power and the ball stops pretty much dead like the post has cushioned it. I looked at it in a replay and the ball looked to double bounce off it really fast. It happened to me in a game tonight against my mate and I took a shot from about 20 yards and it was a rocket goin towards bottom right hand post and it hit the inside of the post and just stopped dead.

If these have been discussed sorry, but the amount of bugs in the game is getting on my tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    dont know if anyone has had these glitches but they piss me off. twice last night I played and they picked aek athens but when the game started it was the classic XI team full of unreal players.

If these have been discussed sorry, but the amount of bugs in the game is getting on my tits.

Strangely enough I just read in the EA forums that this will be addressed in the patch but it sounds like a bizarre enough thing to happen alright

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Hope the gameplay fixes include making Malouda not score everytime the ball is crossed in and I'm against Chelsea :mad: was playing a game there and he scored twice just by blowing by my defenders on a cross and having an easy header with my defenders just looking on or running away.

People switching teams is really annoying me. A guy was on Roma and I go to Udinese, a 3 and a half star team, clearly he was scared of the might of Udinese so instead of Roma he goes to Inter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

When your having a couple of games of fifa with your friends, how do ye make them a little bit more interesting and fun?

i.e the winner in our games gets to log into the losers facebook account for 5mins:D. Do any have any other ideas:)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Beating some dude 3-2 with a minute to go, I win a corner game freezes. :mad:

Dude won't quit out, consoles left on, fight to the death!

It took 3 days to get one of these before, I refuse to quit and get a DNF for a game I was winning.

I'm around 30th in Ireland now, so inconsistent after going 21-1 I'm now 37-20 or something around that. Can't play well now at all, so frustrating. I keep playing high ranked people though, I hate those level 20's that play crap people all the time, it's no fun at all.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Beating some dude 3-2 with a minute to go, I win a corner game freezes. :mad:

Dude won't quit out, consoles left on, fight to the death!

It took 3 days to get one of these before, I refuse to quit and get a DNF for a game I was winning.

I'm around 30th in Ireland now, so inconsistent after going 21-1 I'm now 37-20 or something around that. Can't play well now at all, so frustrating. I keep playing high ranked people though, I hate those level 20's that play crap people all the time, it's no fun at all.

I had one of those on Tuesday evening - I went off to training and came back 3 hours later and it was still frozen!

I wish you the best of luck in your "freeze off" :D

Ye I'm similar to yourself - around 30th in Ireland (PS3) and having some right good battles playing similar ranked players!! Think im 40-4-20 ish now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Can you check the Irish (PS3) leaderboard online?

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I had one of those on Tuesday evening - I went off to training and came back 3 hours later and it was still frozen!

I wish you the best of luck in your "freeze off" :D

Victory is mine! :pac: He finally left, he had a 20% DNF and a record of 49w 42l. Lousy fecker altogether. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fifaleno

joe123 wrote: »
    Have to agree with Bud here. Online head to head is pretty much all I play and its such a downgrade on Fifa 10 nevermind Fifa 09.

The higher skill players all abuse the long loffted through balls. Out of 10 games you would have 8 of those matches ALL consisting of the same tactic of playing lobbed through balls from your own half up to Ronaldo/Drogba etc. They get their player on a run and just wait for him to be beside your defender then its just purely down pot luck if your defender manages to get a touch to it.

Games consist now of lobbed through ball...then either they're in to score or at the byline, cross it in and headed goal. There is absolutely no variety. At least with ping pong passing in Fifa 10 it required an element of skill to do it right and certainly an element of skill to defend against it.

As storybud said you can tell your playing against certain players who are pretty bad at the game but they just keep long balling it and scoring from crosses. You could end up with 60% possession, the majority of shots yet still loose because of this tactic.

I started doing it myself and started winning more but found myself not enjoying the game at all. So ive reverted to keep ball tactics and simply bore the opposition (and myself to death).

And I have auto-switching turned off.

I totally agree. I was level 25 on fifa 10 and on fifa11 I'm stuck around level 9 and apart from a genuine lack of skill of course, it's down to this:

1. lob through balls. I never play as madrid or chelsea, but these opponents keep lob passing, even when I know they are going to, there's nothing I can do about it. My defenders always hesitate a second before turning around and chasing, and by then the striker is a year ahead. This is definitely a glitch, even worse than the fifa10 goalkeeper's charging glitch in my view. I wonder if any of the controller settings/assistance can make my defenders more responsive in chasing lob passes.

2. players don't get penalised for obstructing a breakaway after a tackle scuffle. Anyone else noticed how long players are out of position after they win a tackle? I don't mind a bit of realism but it should be equal. If I win a tackle and both players are on the floor, the other guy shouldn't be able to get up and recover quicker than me (and I'm talking here about me still being on my feet and the other guy down on the floor).

Other problems I've had which I admit is due to lack of skill is the inability to modify tactics to counter fast players. In real life, if Ronaldo is outrunning a player, you'd make that defender get close to him and defender slightly further back. Can you do the same in fifa11?

Is it me or are free kicks harder to score nowadays? Slightly annoyed about players lining up next to the gkeeper on the line to defend free kicks. Wonder why this tactic isn't used in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Lads,

when I check the leaderboard it tells me I'm in the United States. Anybody know how to change it to Ireland? Also, if I do, will I lose the points I've gained so far? Only 1400 but getting there slowly :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Fantasy football comes to The Valley.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/42552645

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

breeno wrote: »
    Lads,

when I check the leaderboard it tells me I'm in the United States. Anybody know how to change it to Ireland? Also, if I do, will I lose the points I've gained so far? Only 1400 but getting there slowly :pac:

wierd. Do you have a US account?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Don't know if it's a us account. Is there a way to check? It doesnt really bother me in fairness but wouldn't mind sorting it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

anyone having trouble connecting to the Fifa online play tonight?
    I just got the ps3 today. Had a few games earlier with no probs, but i havent been able to connect to anyone in the last hour.

I have a NAT3 connection type. Does it make much of a difference?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Scored an epic goal last night in club.

Step over, reverse flip flap nut meg through the players legs and smashed viciously into the corner of the net from 20-25 yards out.

I was dying to save and upload the goal but just before the final whistle, seconds(maybe a couple) before it infact the tossers quit! Thus going back straight into the dressing room and not to the post match menu with stats, highlights and so on.

I had to go to highlights to upload it obviously :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Tiesto wrote: »
    I have a NAT3 connection type. Does it make much of a difference?

Yes NAT type 3 is the strictest one. It will stop you connecting with people and getting games. Look up how to change it to Nat 2 or Nat 1 ideally. Dont have a PS3 so cant tell you how to myself.

Scored an epic goal last night in club.

Step over, reverse flip flap nut meg through the players legs and smashed viciously into the corner of the net from 20-25 yards out.

I was dying to save and upload the goal but just before the final whistle, seconds(maybe a couple) before it infact the tossers quit! Thus going back straight into the dressing room and not to the post match menu with stats, highlights and so on.

I had to go to highlights to upload it obviously :mad:
    Hows the club going for you Ade? I saw there last week you said ye were on a 25 win streak :eek:. Thats good going !

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Hows the club going for you Ade? I saw there last week you said ye were on a 25 win streak :eek:. Thats good going !

Tad over-exaggerated before, I'll blame tiredness but it felt like 25 wins with the amount of time we put in :P
    Our win streak ended as the new lads played together which was disappointing though.

But yeah it's going well. When it's me, AJ and Ray, it's scary how good we are. You know us, we don't play the system(work glitches/cheap goals) but do are damnedest to play proper footy and finally are being rewarded for it.

Most of our losses were in the first night(I'd say well over half of the 15 losses) when our pros were ****e and everybody seemed to be mid 70s compared to us in the 60s. Been difficult getting used to a couple of my mates who have joined us too but sure we'll get there.

You should join us sometime later today Eamo.

• Advertisement

Tad over-exaggerated before, I'll blame tiredness but it felt like 25 wins with the amount of time we put in :P
    Our win streak ended as the new lads played together which was disappointing though.

But yeah it's going well. When it's me, AJ and Ray, it's scary how good we are. You know us, we don't play the system(work glitches/cheap goals) but do are damnedest to play proper footy and finally are being rewarded for it.

Most of our losses were in the first night(I'd say well over half of the 15 losses) when our pros were ****e and everybody seemed to be mid 70s compared to us in the 60s. Been difficult getting used to a couple of my mates who have joined us too but sure we'll get there.

You should join us sometime later today Eamo.

Cheers man. I would but I'd rather get my Pro up to a decent level of skill first. Great fun during the summer alright . Some epic matches!
    I'll do a bit of work with my VP first before I start with ye. It'll prob be Xmas before I get good sessions going with college and stuff.
    How I loved the summer :rolleyes::mad:

Advertisement