Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I went on a 15 game unbeaten run, 6 wins, the rest draws, still no achievement for going 5 game without losing :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I've more come across it when the person I'm playing knows that he's lucky to still be level, and therefore gets out while he can, quite annoying at the time! I've 4 draws online and none of the were my choosing!

Some people do it because they dont want the loss on their record, plus they might be trying to get the 5 wins in a row achievement..I know a certain person *cough* (Mr Moon) that drew a few ranked matches with me for that reason so Im sure plenty others do it for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

It's 5 wins in a row, thats the achievement, not 5 unbeaten! If you lose or draw a game amoungst them, you have to restart again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Eugh spent a whole game playing as Everton against Liverpool, and EVERY single ball he played was a lobbed through ball to Torres.

I don't care if I lose if its a good game and I'm not absolutely hammered, but so sick of repetitive games with single tactics especially the lobbed through ball.

Hope this patch will sort something out so its not so effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

SRFC90 wrote: »
    It's 5 wins in a row, thats the achievement, not 5 unbeaten! If you lose or draw a game amoungst them, you have to restart again!

And if they DC it doesn't count towards it. Took me ages to get it, i had to win 9 matches straight before i got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Eugh spent a whole game playing as Everton against Liverpool, and EVERY single ball he played was a lobbed through ball to Torres.

Yup, anytime I play Liverpool this happens. So I just set my line deep, play defensive and frustrate them until they leave gaps at the back.
    I'm guilty of using that lobbed through ball a few times a game myself, but usually out to my wingers as opposed to straight over the top to my striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

Santos are a good shout for a lesser team with some quality players. Any good cheap players for the manager game?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

lads would anyone have the links for the custom chants in particular Liverpool ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Town Man wrote: »
    lads would anyone have the links for the custom chants in particular Liverpool ones??

Here you got dude, it's got a lot of the Premier League chants. LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Town Man wrote: »

I wouldn't bother yet, they are fairly inaudible until you increase the actual volume of the file (you can get different bits of software that'll do the trick), .....but they are looking at increasing the volume of them anyways.

So when the fix comes out you might have super, super loud chants then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Servers down?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yup, anytime I play Liverpool this happens. So I just set my line deep, play defensive and frustrate them until they leave gaps at the back.
    I'm guilty of using that lobbed through ball a few times a game myself, but usually out to my wingers as opposed to straight over the top to my striker.

Here, there's nothing to be guilty of for some lobbed through balls, its only when its literally the only move the other player uses. Literally no wing play, no build up, just hoof up every time and when it pays off its usually a lob every time.

From the EA Sports forum from the developers....

UPDATE Oct 25
    - Getting closer to the point where we can submit the patch to our first party partners;
    - We will communicate on content and release date shortly - first we need to make sure Microsoft and Sony are happy with what's in the patch;
    - Of note, I am looking at the leaderboards and, well, some of the top ranked players should expect something to happen to their accounts ASAP... something not nice at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Was just wondering how the guys who play legendary mode on xbox are getting on? I think its riduculously hard, the opponents respond to your choice at the exact same time.

Sometimes it can be ok but once you score, it suddenly changes to near impossible and they score. And when the opposition are attacking you will hear the commentators say, "Oh looking good for them hear" and they are almost guaranteed to score with a ridiculous set of passing movements.

And then there is the refereeing, that you only get punished for one type of tackle, but when it happens to you its no foul. And the old crappy timing of the final whistle, where it will always give the opposition the last chance to attack. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I would go down to world class level, but i just wouldnt get the satisfaction from that, that there was a level higher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Was just wondering how the guys who play legendary mode on xbox are getting on? I think its riduculously hard, the opponents respond to your choice at the exact same time.

Sometimes it can be ok but once you score, it suddenly changes to near impossible and they score. And when the opposition are attacking you will hear the commentators say, "Oh looking good for them hear" and they are almost guaranteed to score with a ridiculous set of passing movements.

And then there is the refereeing, that you only get punished for one type of tackle, but when it happens to you its no foul. And the old crappy timing of the final whistle, where it will always give the opposition the last chance to attack. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I would go down to world class level, but i just wouldnt get the satisfaction from that, that there was a level higher

I feel the same way.

I played on Legendary for a brief while, but it REALLY feels like the CPU has an upper-hand on you outside of your control.

I dropped down to World Class and did a season as United, played 38, won 34, drew 4. It wasnt the best and not enough of a challenge... I dont really know what to do with career mode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I dropped down to World Class and did a season as United, played 38, won 34, drew 4. It wasnt the best and not enough of a challenge... I dont really know what to do with career mode now.

Try going lower league, and/or limiting yourself to buying just English/British & Irish players. In fairness, it's only a bit more than what a United team playing at full potential could achieve :rolleyes:

I've started a game with Gillingham. Bought a few players (Israel, Lee Seung Yeoul, Ricardo Bueno).

Problem I have with it is if you move the CF to LW it shows great stats, then when you go out and come in, his stats change to gash. Not sure why this is, but it never happened before with FIFA.

Anyone played Pro Evo? It's nearly like East Germans talking about life in the GDR, trying to talk about FIFA vs Pro Evo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I feel the same way.

I played on Legendary for a brief while, but it REALLY feels like the CPU has an upper-hand on you outside of your control.

that's what you want imo, a challenge that is constant, not one that once you get used to it, that's it.

I don't get it.

Unranked custom game online. I pick Everton. He picks some Polish half star team. I score one and after 15 mins he quits.

I just dont understand any logic behind it really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Anyone getting this problem when playing online? Every second ranked game now seems to end up by the game freezing randomly, but when it freezes the sound goes, the on screen moves like a frame every few seconds so it's not completely frozen but I can use the guide button also.

It's frozen for the other player also but this only happens when playing FIFA, no other game. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Anyone getting this problem when playing online? Every second ranked game now seems to end up by the game freezing randomly, but when it freezes the sound goes, the on screen moves like a frame every few seconds so it's not completely frozen but I can use the guide button also.

It's frozen for the other player also but this only happens when playing FIFA, no other game. Any ideas?

its happened me too it must be the ea servers is it ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Up to 8 DNFs in 60 games now. Sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Surely I can't be the only one who's getting pissed off with this..

On Pro Clubs I'm constantly coming up against teams full of 5ft 0" players with bright afros. The only reason they do this is to make them unnaturally quick and therefore impossible for the CPU players on our team to catch when a ball is lobbed over the top.

I've also seen an increased amount of 2 player teams going with the short fast guy and 7ft 'built like a brick ****house' approach. All this just takes the fun out of Pro Clubs for me. Why are people constantly trying to find ways to effectively beat the system?

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Surely I can't be the only one who's getting pissed off with this..

On Pro Clubs I'm constantly coming up against teams full of 5ft 0" players with bright afros. The only reason they do this is to make them unnaturally quick and therefore impossible for the CPU players on our team to catch when a ball is lobbed over the top.

I've also seen an increased amount of 2 player teams going with the short fast guy and 7ft 'built like a brick ****house' approach. All this just takes the fun out of Pro Clubs for me. Why are people constantly trying to find ways to effectively beat the system?
    Ive come up against teams with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders, all the max height and weight with max strength etc. Literally no way of getting past them, and then they have as you say 2 wingers and 2 forwards, all the lowest height and max speed, and just hoof it up to them every time looking for a break where your defender lets the ball bounce behind them. So f*cking cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

I don't get it.

Unranked custom game online. I pick Everton. He picks some Polish half star team. I score one and after 15 mins he quits.

I just dont understand any logic behind it really.

Serves you right for picking Everton against a half star!

raheny red wrote: »
    eh... the guy can see everton is who hes going to playing before the game starts unless hes blind, so why quit then when everton take the lead, especially in a unranked game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Is live season worth it ?
    Also I got a lend of FIFA 11 for my ps3 off my brother I'm using the 7 day online trial at the mo but I might get the online pass for it just want to know if I do get it will it still work for him on his ps3 online if I do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ive come up against teams with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders, all the max height and weight with max strength etc. Literally no way of getting past them, and then they have as you say 2 wingers and 2 forwards, all the lowest height and max speed, and just hoof it up to them every time looking for a break where your defender lets the ball bounce behind them. So f*cking cheap!!

it's so annoying because it takes any sort of challenge out of the game for them and any fun out of it for whoever's against them. Really wish there was a way around this but I can't for the life of me think how it could be done.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Is anyone else unable to connect to EA FIFA servers atm or is it just me?

Tiger Woods was working grand a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Is anyone else unable to connect to EA FIFA servers atm or is it just me?

Tiger Woods was working grand a few minutes ago.

Are you on PS3? If you are then it's because the Playstation Network is down for maintenance

• Advertisement

raheny red wrote: »

Well it was actually almost like the poster Charlie Haughy said.

He had Liverpool highlighted and picked, I picked Everton and then he suddenly dashed to the Polish league, picked this half star team so this implies he wants to play against my Everton team?

It was unranked, and if he felt so unbalanced, why bother starting the game? He waited for me to pick my team.

Advertisement