Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Are you on PS3? If you are then it's because the Playstation Network is down for maintenance

That's thing I don't get stevo. I'm on PSN. I just played Tiger Woods 20 minutes ago or so.
    All my friends are playing FIFA online.

No matter, seems it's just me then :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

That's thing I don't get stevo. I'm on PSN. I just played Tiger Woods 20 minutes ago or so.
    All my friends are playing FIFA online.

No matter, seems it's just me then :/

Meh, it's probably just the EA servers. Mine just seems to work when it feels like logging in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Is anyone else unable to connect to EA FIFA servers atm or is it just me?

Tiger Woods was working grand a few minutes ago.
    Same here, it'll be grand in a bit! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Töpher wrote: »
    Same here, it'll be grand in a bit! :)

Better be quick, I need my fix :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/45142382

Got fouled, and the ref gives the free the other way :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The refs are retarded in this game, playing career mode with Pompey. Just about to break on the counter with 1 minute left, through ball into the oncoming midfielder, ****ING REF STANDS IN THE WAY:mad: But worst of all he gives a free against me straight after after clearly winning the ball back:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Better be quick, I need my fix :D

Until 00:30 according to this...?

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/28/psa-psn-down-for-maintenance-until-6-30-est/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

PSN seems to be working fine. It's the EA Servers that I can't connect to. I can get onto Warhawk & RDR and I can see that my friends are playing online games of Pro Evo and MW2.

I wanna play FIFA :(

Tis back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Thank god the ea servers are back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

DEV TEAM UPDATE

UPDATE Oct 28
    - That's it, we have the list of fixes. Putting it together, will post it as soon as possible!
    - Check the stickies as well; I am posting an explanation of the difference between the FUT 11 update and the FIFA 11 patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

One thing I noticed about fouls is that if you have handballs on and you get fouled, properly cleaned out, before the foul is given your player might fall and commit a handball so then it go's the other way.
    Very annoying when it happens.

Eugh I just scored an absolute screamer with Arteta, dribbled around 5 players with feints and dummies, wrong footing the keeper then bottom corner.

Wanted to save it, easily best goal I've ever scored.

Cúnt quits in the 89th minute so I've no chance to save it.

Rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

- While we don’t have the official date for the FIFA 11 console patch just yet, we can assure you it is coming soon; we’re looking at a mid-November time frame. This update will have many of the fixes you have all asked for. As it happens, we were able to get the patch submitted to Microsoft and Sony just after the FUT 11 update was approved, helping us to streamline that process and avoid any conflict between FUT 11 and FIFA 11 console.

This is just ridiculous mid November ffs! They haven't even posted the list of what they will patch yet either. Six weeks after the games launch they are going to try fix a broken game. That patch better fix defensive AI for headers and nerf the lobbed balls over the top or i'm done with it.

What do you expect though? If there clinging onto a draw and will never score, why would they play another 30mins and give you a chance to win at their expense? It's happened to me plenty of times, but I understand their reasoning because they earned that draw.

Exactly. I got a 1-1 draw the other night as Southend United vs Real Madrid. No way was I playing Extra Time!

Eugh spent a whole game playing as Everton against Liverpool, and EVERY single ball he played was a lobbed through ball to Torres.

I don't care if I lose if its a good game and I'm not absolutely hammered, but so sick of repetitive games with single tactics especially the lobbed through ball.

Hope this patch will sort something out so its not so effective.

I've not tried this myself but I'm just remembering a similar tactic which used to destroy me time after time in the old Amiga game 'Goal'. Long through ball over the top which the defenders found almost impossible to deal with and the pacy striker used to run onto it more often than not and score. Eventually I countered by playing a sweeper who'd just mop those through balls up.

I appreciate that it's a very different game from a very different era but maybe a similar tactic could be used to counter.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've not tried this myself but I'm just remembering a similar tactic which used to destroy me time after time in the old Amiga game 'Goal'. Long through ball over the top which the defenders found almost impossible to deal with and the pacy striker used to run onto it more often than not and score. Eventually I countered by playing a sweeper who'd just mop those through balls up.

I appreciate that it's a very different game from a very different era but maybe a similar tactic could be used to counter.

Might actually give that a go :) I'll report back!

It's not surprising everyone abuse the lofted through ball, the normal through ball is so bad :mad:

1. you see a MASSIVE gap, you time it perfect as your teammate passes the line and weight it right. It either goes to a defender or nowhere near the gap

2. you play it through and the direction is spot on but the ball always holds up(and slows) after a second or two of travelling. The only option for taking the ball on and not losing it is to goes backwards with it :rolleyes:

3. and 1/1000 works as you intended, the man makes the run, you time it right, and the weight works out and the ball doesn't slow mid-flight so your free to run through

So why bother when you can hold L1 with ANY player and have a pass thats around 90% accurate. Even the 10% it's not it will have to be headed away and theres a chance there to collect it the second time.

I don't use them. Because i generally get 60/40 possession so a packed half means little space behind the defence. And also i think ''now thats a massive gap this time it will work :rolleyes:'' before seeing another lame pass go astray.

I'm down to playing this in boards league games only, it's getting worse every year IMO.

Look how the players swop positions, that was in the demo ffs and they still haven't fixed it. The demo was better IMO. Long shots had a chance of going in, i was scoring to the near post(no need to pass it across) and attacking free's seemed more 50/50... yet they bring out the full game and long shots NEVER go in unless your at the edge of the box, you never score at the near post so most are still passing it over and having a FK is a DISadvantage as even if you win the header you can't power it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

It's not surprising everyone abuse the lofted through ball, the normal through ball is so bad :mad:

1. you see a MASSIVE gap, you time it perfect as your teammate passes the line and weight it right. It either goes to a defender or nowhere near the gap

2. you play it through and the direction is spot on but the ball always holds up(and slows) after a second or two of travelling. The only option for taking the ball on and not losing it is to goes backwards with it :rolleyes:

3. and 1/1000 works as you intended, the man makes the run, you time it right, and the weight works out and the ball doesn't slow mid-flight so your free to run through

So why bother when you can hold L1 with ANY player and have a pass thats around 90% accurate. Even the 10% it's not it will have to be headed away and theres a chance there to collect it the second time.

I don't use them. Because i generally get 60/40 possession so a packed half means little space behind the defence. And also i think ''now thats a massive gap this time it will work :rolleyes:'' before seeing another lame pass go astray.

I'm down to playing this in boards league games only, it's getting worse every year IMO.

Look how the players swop positions, that was in the demo ffs and they still haven't fixed it. The demo was better IMO. Long shots had a chance of going in, i was scoring to the near post(no need to pass it across) and attacking free's seemed more 50/50... yet they bring out the full game and long shots NEVER go in unless your at the edge of the box, you never score at the near post so most are still passing it over and having a FK is a DISadvantage as even if you win the header you can't power it.

Agree bout the through balls being less effective compared to the lofted through balls. Frustrating alrite when ya see a perfect opening for a player to run into but he just stands beside the defender even with me constantly pressing the trigger run button:mad:

Cant agree bout the long shots not leading to goals though. Maybe they're harder to score than in previous versions of the game but they can be done... http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/42387487

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Agree bout the through balls being less effective compared to the lofted through balls. Frustrating alrite when ya see a perfect opening for a player to run into but he just stands beside the defender even with me constantly pressing the trigger run button:mad:

Cant agree bout the long shots not leading to goals though. Maybe they're harder to score than in previous versions of the game but they can be done... http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/42387487

There are exceptions to the rule, but it's the same as 10 they just don't go in. They scuff them or the keeper saves them, the best chance of scoring them is as the video points out, over the goalie. Or a finesse will find the corner.

By and large they're a waste of time if your further then 5 yards outside the box. It's like they said ''well we can't have people scoring long shots as that would make online unfair, let's have it that you need to pass it into the net every time''. IMO there is a mark down from the demo where i felt they were worth a pot.
    I'll only try them regularly if I'm coasting a game and 90% of players NEVER try them, no matter what score it is. 09 had the balance right. They weren't certainties but then again you felt as though you had a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Playing online head-to-head with Chelsea.

Making some changes before the match and all of a sudden my team is Newcastle(the team I was in my last match)

Then goes to the arena before kick off and it's lampard ( though they name him R.Taylor)

And it stalls......been 10 mins now.

If I quit will i get a 3-0 loss?

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im pretty sure you can quit a game within the first 5 mins (game time) and not get a 3-0 loss or at least in Clubs and ranked games in Fifa 10 you could, used to happen if you got a quick goal they would just leave. Considering your game never started its unlikely you will get the 3-0 loss, it stays frozen anyways so theres no point waiting to be honest. Thats happened to me a few times with the team swapping and wrong names etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Quit and didn't get the 3-0 loss. Thanks.

The winning streak continues!!

Also,
    Anybody know a site where you can get FIFA gamercards for your sig on message boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Playing online head-to-head with Chelsea.

Making some changes before the match and all of a sudden my team is Newcastle(the team I was in my last match)

Then goes to the arena before kick off and it's lampard ( though they name him R.Taylor)

And it stalls......been 10 mins now.

If I quit will i get a 3-0 loss?

Thanks

happens to me a lot, when it changes to the other teams players just quit from the main match screen, saves a lot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've just finished playing a game in which I was Sunderland and my opponent was Santos.

I was through on goal a number of times with Gyan and Bent and for some reason the two players would just try and hit the corner flag with the ball when I pressed 'shoot' and aimed it into the corner. Both players are excellent at finishing so I was wondering why this was the case.

Anyway, my opponent scored to make it 1-0 and he saw out the game to take what I thought would be a victory to him.

However, when the end game screen came up I was credited with the win and received the points to increase level. In my Player Hub I'm credited with a win which increased my current streak to +5 and despite this it's counted as a loss on my H2H results.

Strange :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Paully D wrote: »

However, when the end game screen came up I was credited with the win and received the points to increase level. In my Player Hub I'm credited with a win which increased my current streak to +5 and despite this it's counted as a loss on my H2H results.

Ye same thing happened to me but the oppsosite

Paully D wrote: »
    I've just finished playing a game in which I was Sunderland and my opponent was Santos.

I was through on goal a number of times with Gyan and Bent and for some reason the two players would just try and hit the corner flag with the ball when I pressed 'shoot' and aimed it into the corner. Both players are excellent at finishing so I was wondering why this was the case.

Anyway, my opponent scored to make it 1-0 and he saw out the game to take what I thought would be a victory to him.

Was it Santos Laguna? Recognise this? :Dhttp://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/45513851

If that was the game, it was a manual match, which should have showed up under the settings before joining the game if you found it via a lobby, and we shouldn't have been paired up if you did the quick ranked game button. It'd explain the shooting issue, which Bent seemed to have in this particular game.

I lost points after this, presumably because yourself (or whoever the opponent was - but I doubt that's a regularly played fixture!) hadn't played m/any manual games before and so I lost points for not winning comfortably? That's my logic anyways.

I got plus points earlier for losing a respectable 7-0 to AC Milan. Seriously, +7 points for being tanked in a manual vs assisted game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Töpher wrote: »
    Was it Santos Laguna? Recognise this? :Dhttp://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/45513851

If that was the game, it was a manual match, which should have showed up under the settings before joining the game if you found it via a lobby, and we shouldn't have been paired up if you did the quick ranked game button. It'd explain the shooting issue, which Bent seemed to have in this particular game.

I lost points after this, presumably because yourself (or whoever the opponent was - but I doubt that's a regularly played fixture!) hadn't played m/any manual games before and so I lost points for not winning comfortably? That's my logic anyways.

I got plus points earlier for losing a respectable 7-0 to AC Milan. Seriously, +7 points for being tanked in a manual vs assisted game. :pac:

Aye, that's the exact one mate. I've just been speaking to you on FIFA via message about it, it's a small world.

I wasn't the most loved person in my house after constantly screaming ''FFS Benty'' when he missed each one of his three excellent chances :pac:

As I said, I wouldn't like to be playing with those settings all the time as it's very, very difficult.

Thanks for explaining how to avoid manual games in the future though, I'll be staying away from them from now on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Anyone else getting an unreal amount of disconnects? I'm up to about 10 in 70 games now...so losing them all 3-0 which sucks. What can I do? It's bizarre because the games can run fine for the first 20 and then it's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

This is ridiculous...my last 4 games have gone like this:

0-3
    0-1
    0-3
    0-3

3/4 DNFs...Wtf is up with the EA servers?

Advertisement