Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've had similar scores, but that's nothnig to do with disconnects :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

A new patch today? 37mb download

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Needs a good bit of fixing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

This patch is only preparation for Ultimate Team, no bug fixes;

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/31208.page

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Considering buying this for the Wii, is the classic controller compatible? I heard it can be hard to operate with the controller and nunchuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Töpher wrote: »

A lot of hate in that thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sorry if its been mentioned but seems to be some glitch going on,.People when they pick AEK anthens online get given the Classic 11 team?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

yeah been happening to me too. B*stards..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah the classic XI glitch is when you select your favorite team as Classix XI and their rivals as AEK and then when you play online and pick AEK you get the Classic XI.

It's a strange exploit but its easy to spot from a mile off when in team select and your opponent has picked AEK whose rating is mid 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Yeah the classic XI glitch is when you select your favorite team as Classix XI and their rivals as AEK and then when you play online and pick AEK you get the Classic XI.

It's a strange exploit but its easy to spot from a mile off when in team select and your opponent has picked AEK whose rating is mid 80s.

How the f**k did someone spot that cheat/glitch ?? Did they like pick the favourite team as Classic XI and scroll through every rival team in fifa to find the glitch:confused: Pretty pathetic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Töpher wrote: »

Disappointing.

The length EA are taking to sort this out half the people will be playing the new Call of Duty non-stop and won't bother with the bug-ridden FIFA after next week.

Guys, can someone please give me some tips on corners? I seem to concede from a corner maybe once every three games. Possibly even more frequently than that. I've tried changing players, I've tried not changing player. I've tried heading out with X, I've tried heading out with circle. Whatever I do my opponent seems to be able to get an easy header six yards out.

I wouldn't mind but in 50+ matches online I've not scored from a single corner. So I'm clearly doing something wrong at at least one end of the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Guys, can someone please give me some tips on corners? I seem to concede from a corner maybe once every three games. Possibly even more frequently than that. I've tried changing players, I've tried not changing player. I've tried heading out with X, I've tried heading out with circle. Whatever I do my opponent seems to be able to get an easy header six yards out.

I wouldn't mind but in 50+ matches online I've not scored from a single corner. So I'm clearly doing something wrong at at least one end of the field.

i keep my finger on rb and jostle the defender in front of attacker and head out with x,works for me

F'cking EA servers are beyond poxy, are they running all this through a desktop in someones bathroom or something? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Has the pre-Ultimate Team patch been released yet? Thought it was meant to be out on 1st Nov but I haven't been told to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Black Ops is nearly out thank god..Not going back to fifa till theres a patch. Fifa hasnt been addictive since 09:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Make one urself in the arena..Have all your players leg it into the box, MAYHEM!!:eek: Very hard to defend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

winning 2-0 ranked match and out of nowhere i get signed out of live to get a stupid update for fifa, im not happy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lads what the story with setting up custom tactics to use online? I set one up for Chelsea for the League I'm in with some personnel changes and a few positional changes and set it to default. But then whenever I got to play an online game with them it reverts to the original game default and I have to try and speed through all the changes again. Anyone else having this problem? Or am I just an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Frisbee wrote: »
    Lads what the story with setting up custom tactics to use online? I set one up for Chelsea for the League I'm in with some personnel changes and a few positional changes and set it to default. But then whenever I got to play an online game with them it reverts to the original game default and I have to try and speed through all the changes again. Anyone else having this problem? Or am I just an idiot?

Have you assigned them under the 'Quick Tactics' section before the game starts? You assign it to one of the direction buttons on the D-pad and can change between tactics during the game by tapping a direction

• Advertisement

That doesn't work for positional/personnel changes, unfortunately.

Formations and squads revert to default during ranked games Frisbee, so the only option is to run through it all before each match. I think it was originally done to stop exploiters editing squad stats and those squads loading for ranked games, but am open to correction on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Bloody refs.Instant replay is there and they dont use it :P
    couldn't believe i didn't get a peno for this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It actually seems if the refs are bias this year, its weird. I've got hacked a few times and I've checked the replays but no foul, strange.

Guys playing manager mode, 6 seasons in, at the end of each league I only ever get offered other premiership jobs, this happen anyone else? I wanna do a Mohrinho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

The servers are a disgrace tonight. Keep getting frozen out of games!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Tonight? Been like that since release date, awful.

I was playing a friends league last night. I was 2-0 up on one guy, I had my cigar lit, slippers on and was spraying the ball around all over the place. It was a joy to watch. Suddenly the connection dropped out. I think it was a problem at my end rather than EA's but I'm still seething 11 hours later. It was probably the best I've ever played and being a Friends League that result is going to keep coming back and haunting me!

Did seem to have a lot of problems with the servers last night though. The game completely froze in extra time in one online match, prompting the guy I was playing to send me a barrage of abuse like it was my fault.

So I just got destroyed by some guy who was playing as Real Madrid. To be fair, I was Barcelona (I don't usually pick either of those teams out of principle). Anyway, he beat me 2-0 and would have won by more had he not spent the last 20 minutes showboating, pulling off fancy flicks and twists, 20 pass moves, etc. I literally put down the controller for the last five game minutes because I didn't want to give this wanker the satisfaction of chasing after his shadow.

Anyway, the match ends and he says he wants a replay. I don't know why but out of rage and anger I clicked 'yes'. But this time, I'm going to be the mighty Shrimpers. I select Southend, he (being a prick) chooses Madrid again.

But then came Barry Corr. After a surprisingly even first 25 minutes, I get some space on the right and deliver an early ball into the near post and Corr cuts across his marker to head into the net. 1-0 Southend.

A few moments later the ball bounces loose in his box and falls to Corr six yards out but at a tight angle. His snap shot takes two deflections and creeps over the line for 2-0.

The c##t disconnected! Unbelievable scenes. Obviously I have sent him a very abusive message over PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Ok what Piss me off about Fifa 11. Ok some guy online breaks away from CB and i call out my Keeper.. Ok now the guy Passes the ball to his other Forward what do we have OPEN GOAL AND GUESS WHAT NO OFFSIDE !!!!! :mad::eek::mad::mad::mad: how many Goals have NOOBS got with this!!!

• Advertisement

So I just got destroyed by some guy who was playing as Real Madrid. To be fair, I was Barcelona (I don't usually pick either of those teams out of principle). Anyway, he beat me 2-0 and would have won by more had he not spent the last 20 minutes showboating, pulling off fancy flicks and twists, 20 pass moves, etc. I literally put down the controller for the last five game minutes because I didn't want to give this wanker the satisfaction of chasing after his shadow.

Anyway, the match ends and he says he wants a replay. I don't know why but out of rage and anger I clicked 'yes'. But this time, I'm going to be the mighty Shrimpers. I select Southend, he (being a prick) chooses Madrid again.

But then came Barry Corr. After a surprisingly even first 25 minutes, I get some space on the right and deliver an early ball into the near post and Corr cuts across his marker to head into the net. 1-0 Southend.

A few moments later the ball bounces loose in his box and falls to Corr six yards out but at a tight angle. His snap shot takes two deflections and creeps over the line for 2-0.

The c##t disconnected! Unbelievable scenes. Obviously I have sent him a very abusive message over PSN.
    How many TVs have had controllers put through them because of **** like this?

Advertisement