Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I hate the S**T when your Winning they Cut off.. I also hate the Ref not Calling Offside when the Gamer passes the ball to his Forward that is in behind the keeper when you call the Keeper out and NO OFFSIDE GIVEN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

/wonders if that's what Bosnich used to be playing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    How many TVs have had controllers put through them because of **** like this?

A lot. I'm still seething eleven hours later. I just don't understand the mentality of some people. For one thing he had an hour to score two goals with a five star team against a one star team. Who are these people who just disconnect?
    Cork24 wrote: »
    I hate the S**T when your Winning they Cut off.. I also hate the Ref not Calling Offside when the Gamer passes the ball to his Forward that is in behind the keeper when you call the Keeper out and NO OFFSIDE GIVEN

I've never noticed that to be honest. Are you certain that the player being passed to wasn't behind the ball when the pass was played?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to stick to local multiplayer - not feeling the love for the single player side (any mode) and not bothered with playing against randomers online...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Beefy78 wrote: »
    A lot. I'm still seething eleven hours later. I just don't understand the mentality of some people. For one thing he had an hour to score two goals with a five star team against a one star team. Who are these people who just disconnect?

I've never noticed that to be honest. Are you certain that the player being passed to wasn't behind the ball when the pass was played?

it's simple,play an online custom match with a dnf of 10%i started that 2 weeks ago and havent had anyone quit since,i was on the verge of selling the game but now i play it all the time again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Cork24 wrote: »

I was guilty of this lastnight :( I was 7 down after 65 mins, in my defence i only have FiFa since friday and didnt realise the guy i was playing was level 25 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

AnneFrank wrote: »
    it's simple,play an online custom match with a dnf of 10%i started that 2 weeks ago and havent had anyone quit since,i was on the verge of selling the game but now i play it all the time again

whats that mean ?

Can you get it to do that and still have the servers pair you up with someone of roughly similar ability? I was on the verge of quitting when I was constantly playing people much better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

threein99 wrote: »
    whats that mean ?

DNF - does not finish.

So if someone has a 10% DNF rating it means that they have quit or d/c (or do not finish) 10% of their games.

You can set in custom match the max DNF of your opponent to ensure you play against people who don't have a high DNF %.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Possibly should change the name of this game to 'Lofted Through Ball '11'. Played 2 games against someone online a while ago and evey single attack consisted of him passing the ball to one of the strikers feet, laying it back to midfield and then a lofted through ball for the other striker. 9 out of 10 didn't work but of course there's always one where the defender takes a step the wrong way or misses a header. It's infuriating to play against.

• Advertisement

Surely all that that does is surrender possession to you cheaply?

I play the odd lofted through ball every game but the majority of times I think I'd have been better holding onto possession for longer and actually carving a chance open. I don't really mind playing against someone who plays that way because I know I'm going to have 60%+ of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

FIFA 11 Patch – The Details

First of all, thanks once more for your patience while we’ve taken in all your feedback since the game’s launch. After we received your feedback, the process began to replicate and understand what you were seeing, and then get to work making improvements.

We’re now at the stage of that process where we are able to give you some more detail about what improvements to FIFA 11 you can expect. Sorry we’ve been a bit quiet on this stuff until now, but as you know we can’t really talk about these things until they’re locked down and confirmed.

The patch release dates are November 12th for PS3 and November 17th for Xbox 360.

Also, here’s an overview of the things we’ve done. If you have questions about anything you see here, or want more detail on anything in particular, feel free to post them in this thread and we’ll do our best to answer them.

GAMEPLAY
    You’ll now find that the implementation of the offside rule in the game is more accurate, both in terms of when the infringement is called and in terms of player positions when it happens. Occasional strange player positioning at kick-off have also gone away, while shooting from weak volleys has been improved, too. Importantly, so-called ‘micro-pausing’ during gameplay will also be a thing of the past. Overall, your gameplay experience should now be even better.

CAREER MODE
    There are a lot of improvements you’ll notice here, which will all further boost the realism of the mode, but in summary: Your match fixtures during the season for cups and leagues, as well as the time of day they all happen, should now be much more realistic. We’ve also improved how accurately player ratings and growth are displayed, as well as making sure the players get the awards they deserve, when they deserve them. Using an odd exploit to secure a whopping $2 billion budget has now gone away, while the emails you receive as a manager will be more appropriate and players you’ve loaned out will now be easier to see and manage.

ONLINE HEAD TO HEAD
    Matchmaking will be enhanced, particularly in terms of initially connecting to an opponent, while we’ve removed a couple of exploits that people were using to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents. Also, players will now no longer be able to use Passing Power Assistance in ranked matches.

ONLINE CLUBS
    We’ve already made a lot of server-side improvements to the Clubs experience, particularly in terms of matchmaking, match results and progress in Cups. With the game update we’ll be making a range of improvements to stats and league-table presentation, too, as well as improving the camera motion when your player is a long way from the ball.

PRESENTATION
    You’ll now find that cut-scenes are improved during substitutions, along with a range of more subtle improvements around of the game.

AUDIO
    Creation Centre teams will now benefit from crowd chants, while we’ve improved the custom chants area as well. We’ve also managed to enhance a few audio triggers during gameplay, meaning you’ll get an even better atmosphere as things happen during a match.

CREATION CENTRE
    The general performance of the game when it involves teams and players created via the Creation Centre has been improved. Also, you’ll now find that the formations and attributes you set on the web will now transfer more accurately to the console.

FIFA STORE
    We’ve made sure that Live Season will be available for multiple users on the same console. Some people who had switched from an inactive XBL account to a Gold Account were having problems seeing the content of the store – we’ve got that covered, too.

KITS
    Lincoln City and Montpellier fans, your teams’ kits should now be right on the money.

Nice that we have to wait an extra 5 days.

When asked about the button lag in clubs:

Button delay in Pro Club is not addressed yet I am afraid. We have narrowed it down to UK rebroadcasters, xbox-only, peak-time only. But no fix deployed at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Surely all that that does is surrender possession to you cheaply?

If you read my post I did say 9 times out of 10 it didn't work but there's always 1 where the defender will take a step the wrong way. He scored 3 goals in the 2 games and they all came from lofted through balls

fullstop wrote: »
    If you read my post I did say 9 times out of 10 it didn't work but there's always 1 where the defender will take a step the wrong way. He scored 3 goals in the 2 games and they all came from lofted through balls

Agree with this.

I rarely play them, i find them cheap and i usually have 60% possession so the ground is all i can use since their defence is so far back.

But all it takes is one hold of a button and quick press of another and at the very least it drops within 5/6 yards of the striker. Doesn't matter what player hits it, always on the button :rolleyes:. As for the lad that said you get possession, you don't really since you have to head it away and from there it's a 50/50 whether they get it back.

Really disappointed they didn't tone them down in the patch, so much for ''changes to online passing''... ''pro passing assistance'' does next to nothing :mad:

Looks like my only play will stay limited to Clubs, if it wasn't for that mode i wouldn't play the game again tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Agree with this.

I rarely play them, i find them cheap and i usually have 60% possession so the ground is all i can use since their defence is so far back.

But all it takes is one hold of a button and quick press of another and at the very least it drops within 5/6 yards of the striker. Doesn't matter what player hits it, always on the button :rolleyes:. As for the lad that said you get possession, you don't really since you have to head it away and from there it's a 50/50 whether they get it back.

Really disappointed they didn't tone them down in the patch, so much for ''changes to online passing''... ''pro passing assistance'' does next to nothing :mad:

Looks like my only play will stay limited to Clubs, if it wasn't for that mode i wouldn't play the game again tbh.

Erm the patch isnt out yet. November 12th for ps3 and 17th for xbox 360.

They confirmed that pro passing thing is being taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm sure the patch changes and updates aren't limited to what they mentioned either so I'm hoping there'll be lots more subtle improvements :)

joe123 wrote: »
    Erm the patch isnt out yet. November 12th for ps3 and 17th for xbox 360.

They confirmed that pro passing thing is being taken out.

Did you not read the improvements a few posts back?... they were released today. Can't see anything major being added in two days.

I stand by what i said, one measly change to online game play. And it's not to do with pro passing, it's the pro passing power bar which i've toggled on and off and found next to no difference with(just left it on then, not sure do they mean they're removing it or it's becoming standard as there's no clear advantage to it)

The only change they should have made was to the accuracy of the lofted through balls, every player from a ****ty CB to a WC player can drop it right in front of their player within a yard or two.

Did you not read the improvements a few posts back?... they were released today. Can't see anything major being added in two days.

I stand by what i said, one measly change to online game play. And it's not to do with pro passing, it's the pro passing power bar which i've toggled on and off and found next to no difference with(just left it on then, not sure do they mean they're removing it or it's becoming standard as there's no clear advantage to it)

The only change they should have made was to the accuracy of the lofted through balls, every player from a ****ty CB to a WC player can drop it right in front of their player within a yard or two.

According to the ea forums there the dates. Where did you see them being released today??

According to the ea forums there the dates. Where did you see them being released today??

When did i say it was released today?

''Did you not read the improvements a few posts back?... they were released today.''

That's what i wrote, i was talking about the released info. Can't see anything major being added to it at this late stage. Didn't really expect them too anyway but held some hope when reading about ''online changes''

• Advertisement

When did i say it was released today?

''Did you not read the improvements a few posts back?... they were released today.''

That's what i wrote, i was talking about the released info. Can't see anything major being added to it at this late stage. Didn't really expect them too anyway but held some hope when reading about ''online changes''

Ah I thought you meant "they" as in the patch was released today. Thats a general summary what they gave. Why not wait untill its out and see then whats fixed and whats not.

Ah I thought you meant "they" as in the patch was released today. Thats a general summary what they gave. Why not wait untill its out and see then whats fixed and whats not.

Fair point, but if the only change to online play mentioned is the removal/standardization of the power bar, i can't see anything significant being kept quiet at this very late stage.
    Holds no advantage anyway so I'm sure they'd have mentioned it.

They really need to get in some proper play testers though, people who are actually good at and like the game. The demo had players switching positions by themselves and it ended up in the full edition. The only way you wouldn't have noticed this, is if you weren't familiar with the players and where they should be.

Can you get it to do that and still have the servers pair you up with someone of roughly similar ability? I was on the verge of quitting when I was constantly playing people much better than me.

yes beefy it still pairs you up with similar players,honestly it has made the game way more enjoyable for me

fullstop wrote: »

i dont get your gripe ?I watch alot of football where teams do this for real so it's part of the game,you just adjust your gameplay to combat it,i have learned to change to my defender and run backwards when i see it happening,and like you say 9 times out of 10 you defend it so it's not as if it's the only way to score,like the rest of us you just dont like losing !

i dont get your gripe ?I watch alot of football where teams do this for real so it's part of the game,you just adjust your gameplay to combat it,i have learned to change to my defender and run backwards when i see it happening,and like you say 9 times out of 10 you defend it so it's not as if it's the only way to score,like the rest of us you just dont like losing !

I completely agree. This style of play is going to become more and more popular in football games as they become more realistic, because this style of play is realistic. I used to have to watch John Beck's Cambridge team come down to Roots Hall every season and spend the entire game hoofing the ball forward hoping for a mistake by a defender. Of course it's an 'easy' way of playing in FIFA because it requires next to no skill but that's the same case in real life.

Just adapt your game to counter. Drop a defender back or play an extra defender there to sweep up all these loose balls and use the fact that he's constantly giving you the ball to punish him.

Honestly, I've played nearly 100 games online now and I just find these complaints about the lobbed through ball to be seriously overblown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I play long Ball all the time, with crap teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive never played a new FIFA game so little.

I dont hate the game, its just alright, im really not pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Why no Ultimate Team thread for PS3?

Also....can you swap players with others off a PC or does it have to be off the console? I cant seem to dins the option on the PC..

Xbox users rejoice! It appears that the date for the Xbox patch has been brought forward from the 17th to tomorrow, so it will release at the same time as the PS3 patch.

• Advertisement

Lamposts wrote: »
    Xbox users rejoice! It appears that the date for the Xbox patch has been brought forward from the 17th to tomorrow, so it will release at the same time as the PS3 patch.

Where did ya see that lampy wampy? Cant see no mention of it on the ea forums?

Advertisement