Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

joe123 wrote: »
    Where did ya see that lampy wampy? Cant see no mention of it on the ea forums?

Tis mentioned on an update at the top of the dev team's list of fixes
    UPDATE: So I've received word there's a good chance the X360 update will be available tomorrow at the same time as the PS3 update. Not 100% confirmed but thanks to our MS liaisons for working with MS on this. Cheers - PW.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/0/56764.page#476146

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lamposts wrote: »
    Xbox users rejoice! It appears that the date for the Xbox patch has been brought forward from the 17th to tomorrow, so it will release at the same time as the PS3 patch.

omg omg omg so we can get the patch that addresses all of the issues nobody actually cared about and fixes none of the games real issues sooner, wow i'm so excited!!!

Side note: Actually the leaderboards are getting wiped and all flag glitchers banned so i guess thats something.

Proof:
    16acufm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

joe123 wrote: »
    Where did ya see that lampy wampy? Cant see no mention of it on the ea forums?

Aww we're at cute pet names for each other. I didn't know we were at that stage already. My little Kirkicle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Lamposts wrote: »
    Aww we're at cute pet names for each other. I didn't know we were at that stage already. My little Kirkicle. :)

Too far, you just took it too damn far :(

Damn. I knew, it was too soon! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

wrong thread!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yep. I'm the kiss of death to armies in the Warhammer Universe. My first, and main, 40k army was Squats and my main WFB army was Chaos Dwarfs.

Correct. I also think lobbed through balls are overly accurate.

Version 1.03 of the game is now available. Here's hoping it actually improves the game.

Its only 38mb.

Patch was only 5mb for me. (xbox)

Seems to be only 5mb on the xbox. Is that even the patch? Only difference I can spot are different ratings for some of the teams.

Gameplay wise everything seems to be the same. Crossing overpowered (my first goal was a header from a cross and lobbed through balls overpowered. This passing assistance thing people are on about I cant really say because I realised the last day ive been playing with it off anyways.

Bit disappointing. Cant really see many fixes in a 5mb patch. Plus the leaderboards haven't been reset and the flag glitchers are still there doing a little dance for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Whens this update coming out to stop the game freezing? Nothing so far :( Im on xbox btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

My online points tally is 1079,is that any use ?What's yours ?

I have to say I'm growing tired of the game online.

And its nothing that EA can really do about it.

8 of my last 10 matches have either been against Real Madrid/Inter/Chelsea and its the same crap every game, lobbed through ball over and over. It can be dealt with but its just so boring.

And when you finally pick someone like Napoli like I did against a bigger team (like Inter as the other team did) and go two up the other play disconnects.

It's painfully bad and its all down to the players more so than EA at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I have to say I'm growing tired of the game online.

And its nothing that EA can really do about it.

8 of my last 10 matches have either been against Real Madrid/Inter/Chelsea and its the same crap every game, lobbed through ball over and over. It can be dealt with but its just so boring.

And when you finally pick someone like Napoli like I did against a bigger team (like Inter as the other team did) and go two up the other play disconnects.

It's painfully bad and its all down to the players more so than EA at this stage.

Set 10% MAX DNF. Works for me. I've had over 100 games online, and don't think I've had any quitters. Also play manual ranked matches and people very rarely pick the big teams ( I also hate when your always playing real/barca etc). And the lob through ball problem is another I have not come across at all. I'm sure people use it against me, but its never used too often or as an exploit.

My only problem is I miss way too many sitters!

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Set 10% MAX DNF. Works for me. I've had over 100 games online, and don't think I've had any quitters. Also play manual ranked matches and people very rarely pick the big teams ( I also hate when your always playing real/barca etc). And the lob through ball problem is another I have not come across at all. I'm sure people use it against me, but its never used too often or as an exploit.

My only problem is I miss way too many sitters!

Manual ranked matches? How do you mean?

Thanks for the advice, really was losing the head last night. Oh and talk to me about missing sitters, last night four open goals came my way by a lovely square ball I always put it past the far post or once off the bar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Manual ranked matches? How do you mean?

Thanks for the advice, really was losing the head last night. Oh and talk to me about missing sitters, last night four open goals came my way by a lovely square ball I always put it past the far post or once off the bar

I don't use assisted settings, I use manual settings. So I like to play against other manual players. But for you, if you go into head to head, then custom match, then you can press square and edit the options, you can set the DNF to 10% max, which hopefully will cut down on the amount quitters your coming across. And if you feel brave enough you can set it to manual controls only and plat the game properly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

is this being poxy slow online for anyone else tonight ??

I still don't see the problem with the through-balls. They're nowhere near as effective as people make out and as I said last week, long balls like that are an effective and realistic way for lower ranked teams to play. I'm up to 102 online matches now and can't remember any in which I've been bothered by the opponent's style of play.

In terms of over-powered gameplay, I think the one-two passing is a much bigger issue.

The one thing that annoys me more than anything is the set-pieces. I'm actually ok at them now having got better at defending and having created a few corners of my own, but direct freekicks are too easy with good players and too difficult with crap players. And I get so angry when I'm trying to chase a game with ultra-attacking mentality, concede a corner and all my players come back to defend it. Surely if I'm all out attack I'd be leaving three or four players forward.

I get annoyed with goalkicks too that my midget midfielder always seems to end up challenging in the air to win these instead of my giant forward. The ball hangs in the air forever, it doesn't seem unrealistic to expect a suitable player to attempt to challenge for it.

I hate that there's no equivilent that I can find of Pro Evo's 'super cancel' button. I hate that I end up conceding throw-ins and goal kicks by my players chasing balls which I'd rather let go out of play.

I agree with the guy above who said about people choosing Madrid and Barcelona all of the time. I accept the point that EA can't be held accountable for people being **** but they don't exactly discourage people from acting this way. The points difference from winning a match with a one star team compared to winning with a five star team is nowhere near significant enough. If people choose an Elite side then they should be barely rewarded if they win, especially if they win against a lower ranked team. They need to tweak the online match selection screens too. Right now the player creating a match has no idea of the level of the player who challenges them which makes it easy for people to lurk in lobbies praying on low-ranked players (I've done it myself when I've needed a morale-boosting cheap victory).

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

I still don't see the problem with the through-balls. They're nowhere near as effective as people make out and as I said last week, long balls like that are an effective and realistic way for lower ranked teams to play. I'm up to 102 online matches now and can't remember any in which I've been bothered by the opponent's style of play.

Really depends what your overall skill level is and that will define the skill level of your opponants.

In terms of over-powered gameplay, I think the one-two passing is a much bigger issue.

Its more easily defendable than lb + y over the top..only just

The one thing that annoys me more than anything is the set-pieces. I'm actually ok at them now having got better at defending and having created a few corners of my own, but direct freekicks are too easy with good players and too difficult with crap players. And I get so angry when I'm trying to chase a game with ultra-attacking mentality, concede a corner and all my players come back to defend it. Surely if I'm all out attack I'd be leaving three or four players forward.

Ronaldo is better than noel hunt...some players are better than others but your technique has to change depdending on the free kick stats...ask Hokem lol

I get annoyed with goalkicks too that my midget midfielder always seems to end up challenging in the air to win these instead of my giant forward. The ball hangs in the air forever, it doesn't seem unrealistic to expect a suitable player to attempt to challenge for it.

You have to aim for the big striker and make sure that top spin or no spin are applied..ask Hokem

I hate that there's no equivilent that I can find of Pro Evo's 'super cancel' button. I hate that I end up conceding throw-ins and goal kicks by my players chasing balls which I'd rather let go out of play.

Lt and Rt my friend...super cancel

I agree with the guy above who said about people choosing Madrid and Barcelona all of the time. I accept the point that EA can't be held accountable for people being **** but they don't exactly discourage people from acting this way. The points difference from winning a match with a one star team compared to winning with a five star team is nowhere near significant enough. If people choose an Elite side then they should be barely rewarded if they win, especially if they win against a lower ranked team. They need to tweak the online match selection screens too. Right now the player creating a match has no idea of the level of the player who challenges them which makes it easy for people to lurk in lobbies praying on low-ranked players (I've done it myself when I've needed a morale-boosting cheap victory)

Dont go into lobbies and it will match you up with people closer to your level...dont be a victim to the lobby lurkers like storybud :p

Lt and Rt my friend...super cancel

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I suspected that there was an option for it but couldn't work out what it is.
    Dont go into lobbies and it will match you up with people closer to your level...dont be a victim to the lobby lurkers like storybud :p

I'm not worried about me. I rarely use lobbies. I just think it's a problem with the set-up and makes the ranking points seem pointless (so to speak)

• Advertisement

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I suspected that there was an option for it but couldn't work out what it is.

Just hold the two buttons and your player will leave the ball

I'm not worried about me. I rarely use lobbies. I just think it's a problem with the set-up and makes the ranking points seem pointless (so to speak)

Just look for AOL on the Irish leaderboards...some lads have loads of points but AOLs of 5...the best players will have over 20...just an easy way of checking

I agree with the guy above who said about people choosing Madrid and Barcelona all of the time. I accept the point that EA can't be held accountable for people being **** but they don't exactly discourage people from acting this way. The points difference from winning a match with a one star team compared to winning with a five star team is nowhere near significant enough. If people choose an Elite side then they should be barely rewarded if they win, especially if they win against a lower ranked team. They need to tweak the online match selection screens too. Right now the player creating a match has no idea of the level of the player who challenges them which makes it easy for people to lurk in lobbies praying on low-ranked players (I've done it myself when I've needed a morale-boosting cheap victory).

I've no problem with through balls per sé, its just that I play FIFA to enjoy the game and I don't enjoy games where an opponents ONLY method of attack is lobbed through ball, over and over. I can deal with 95% of them (ie the ones not to Ronaldo) but its just that any ball that gets somewhat out of their defence then becomes a lobbed through ball and its boring more than anything.

I think free-kicks are still botched to an extent. It's unrealistically hard to play a simple pass to a teammate. In my last game I had a free kick near the half way line and didn't want to lump it up as I've a small team so I tried to pass it, not to the player in front of me who was covered, but another player yet as usual it went straight to the opposition despite my player being fifteen yards away from the free-kick. Its awful and shouldn't be so hard to actually retain the ball from a FK.

And I totally agree on the super cancel, it still needs slight improvement, still find myself running into lost balls and putting them out myself stupidly despite trying to stop the player doing it.

Just look for AOL on the Irish leaderboards...some lads have loads of points but AOLs of 5...the best players will have over 20...just an easy way of checking

Yeah, but my point was mroe that if you set up a match then you have no idea of the stats of the person trying to accept your challenge.

I think it should work that I create a match in a lobby, someone comes in to accept the challenge but it states on screen the rating of the player, his average opponent level and the DNF%. I then get a few seconds to decide whether I want to accept his acceptance. Straight away that would stop people from picking on players with poor rankings and make it dificult for them to get matches whilst running at 30% DNF.

Yeah, but my point was mroe that if you set up a match then you have no idea of the stats of the person trying to accept your challenge.

I think it should work that I create a match in a lobby, someone comes in to accept the challenge but it states on screen the rating of the player, his average opponent level and the DNF%. I then get a few seconds to decide whether I want to accept his acceptance. Straight away that would stop people from picking on players with poor rankings and make it dificult for them to get matches whilst running at 30% DNF.

http://www.easports.com/player-hub/stats/360/

Type this into your laptop and add the other persons GT onto the end

http://www.easports.com/player-hub/stats/360/yapamilias for example

And you can check stats very quickly...BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I'm after having another Sh*thead who has "frozen" the game on me. I was playing a game around 7oClock and it was 1-1 in extra time but it was only a matter of time before I got a winner. Then he "froze" the game after kicking the ball out for a throw in. It came back on then a minute or so later and I got the balled and had a shot which just went wide. Then he kicked the ball out again and once again it has frozen!!! :mad:

He sent me message with just "?" to me after ten minutes later.. I know his objective as this isn't the first bleeding time this has happened to me!! So I ignore...

Leave the console on and head off to the GF house. Come back - the game is still frigging frozen :rolleyes:

He sent me another message in the mean time. This guy must know his game and wants to play hard ball obviously. My spanish is piss poor but google translate seems to got the native tongue in order:
    bueno voy a cenar y a dormir. dejo la consola conectada, tu mismo cuando quieras
    Which means: "good going out to dinner and to sleep. I leave the console connected, yourself anytime"

This isnt over buddy... I WILL leave my console on for as long as it takes... I'll update prob tomorrow morning again to see if its still going :pac:

I dont care about winning and losing in this to be honest but I aint letting no "gilipollas" get the satisfaction of getting a 3-0 win.. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

thewools wrote: »
    I'm after having another Sh*thead who has "frozen" the game on me. I was playing a game around 7oClock and it was 1-1 in extra time but it was only a matter of time before I got a winner. Then he "froze" the game after kicking the ball out for a throw in. It came back on then a minute or so later and I got the balled and had a shot which just went wide. Then he kicked the ball out again and once again it has frozen!!! :mad:

He sent me message with just "?" to me after ten minutes later.. I know his objective as this isn't the first bleeding time this has happened to me!! So I ignore...

Leave the console on and head off to the GF house. Come back - the game is still frigging frozen :rolleyes:

He sent me another message in the mean time. This guy must know his game and wants to play hard ball obviously. My spanish is piss poor but google translate seems to got the native tongue in order:

Which means: "good going out to dinner and to sleep. I leave the console connected, yourself anytime"

This isnt over buddy... I WILL leave my console on for as long as it takes... I'll update prob tomorrow morning again to see if its still going :pac:

I dont care about winning and losing in this to be honest but I aint letting no "gilipollas" get the satisfaction of getting a 3-0 win.. :)
    Thats all well and good, but isn't it an awful waste of electricity in the mean time? The way I look on it, if 5 minutes pass and they still have it frozen, ill quit, but their the sad cnuts who take the game way too seriously!

I don't pay the bills ")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Handy for some when they have no bills to pay

How are they able to do that to the game

Ea server crashed on me overnight so that gobsh^te got the 3-0 win.. My first DNF in over 100 ranked games.. Aw well!!!

• Advertisement

Cork24 wrote: »
    Handy for some when they have no bills to pay

How are they able to do that to the game

That's what I want to know. It's happened to me a couple of times and both times I've sat it out and got the win but I'm not convinced that the other person has done anything wrong deliberately. One of the two times I got an abusive message after the guy disconnected which made it sound like he thought that I'd frozen the game to screw him over.

Is it not something that just happens sometimes with the server?

Advertisement