Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Parawind wrote: »
    Frankly i think we would all love another Irish cover but seems like we will just be lumped with the uk edition for now. I am so sick of rooney and that stupid shot i have to watch everytime i start up FIFA, i sware if they do that again with FIFA 11 i will pull my hair out.

Yeah and the "What language" selection too. I actually wondered to myself the other day what the point in that "Press Start" screen in games was? Outside of shop demos I really dont know what the point of them are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Are we getting another irish exclusive cover this year and is it true you can play as the keeper in be a pro online in this? Should be a class game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Actually this year would have been the perfect time to put goalkeepers on the covers. Would be a perfect marketing match and give the goalkeepers some limelight in a good way for once.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Are we getting another irish exclusive cover this year and is it true you can play as the keeper in be a pro online in this? Should be a class game

No Irish cover. We only got it that year because it was the first year the Irish league in it, doubt we'll get one again. Much like this year, there will probably be a Russian exclusive cover.

And you can play as a keeper in online 11v11 so probably :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Any word on any new leagues.I expect the Russian one is in cause it was on the PS2 Version last year.I wouldn't mind seeing the Greek & more south American based leagues eg Argentine one.I heard that Brazil won't be licensed which if true is a disgraceful oversight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

GTR63 wrote: »
    I heard that Brazil won't be licensed which if true is a disgraceful oversight.

It wasnt licensed last year, teams didnt have real badges or kits.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Any word on any new leagues.I expect the Russian one is in cause it was on the PS2 Version last year.I wouldn't mind seeing the Greek & more south American based leagues eg Argentine one.I heard that Brazil won't be licensed which if true is a disgraceful oversight.

Russian League has been confirmed on all platforms.

Aren't games banned in Greece? If they are (I remember reading about it a year or so ago) then EA probably wouldn't be bothered putting it in because smaller leagues are only in to entice local fans. Otherwise they just put the "big" teams in.

Russian League has been confirmed on all platforms.

Aren't games banned in Greece? If they are (I remember reading about it a year or so ago) then EA probably wouldn't be bothered putting it in because smaller leagues are only in to entice local fans. Otherwise they just put the "big" teams in.

I was in Crete two years ago and fondly remember seeing games and consoles in electrical shops.... costly as hell...but they were for sale. Maybe ''some'' games are banned, not every game

Fifa 11 Demo Confirmed for 16th September

Playable teams are, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lyon, Juve and Fenerbahce.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/24611/fifa-11-demo-dated

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Fifa 11 Demo Confirmed for 16th September

Playable teams are, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lyon, Juve and Fenerbahce.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/24611/fifa-11-demo-dated

The Demo was announced last week at Gamescon, look back a few posts. The teams however havent been announced yet and the ones you listed are from a fan page on facebook and purely speculation. There has been no official announcement of the teams for the demo as of yet from EA.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    The Demo was announced last week at Gamescon, look back a few posts. The teams however havent been announced yet and the ones you listed are from a fan page on facebook and purely speculation. There has been no official announcement of the teams for the demo as of yet from EA.

Those teams came from the Gamescon video screens. Those screens were from the demo build, the same build being released next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Greetings my friends, some of you know me as the FIFA Messiah others know me as some arse that likes to talk a big game and deliver on it. So I went over to London to play the new FIFA 11. First off, I'd like to thank Dav for getting such a great prize. I'd like to thank Axxy and Moose for organising the competition.

So FIFA 11, where do I even start? Do I tell you how I reached the final with Juventus and lost 2-1 to Chelsea? It was on ps3 so it was hard to get used to the controls. I took the lead after 7 minutes then he scored 2 Stevie Gerrard type goals with Drogba. The 2nd coming in the 88th minute. I felt the pressure because most of the people watching expected me to win. I mean, who wouldn't?!

I won't be going into huge detail about the gameplay of FIFA 11. Rutter even told us the features that werent mentioned yet! Top bloke that Rutter is. The game seems a lot more fluent, the pace of the game is a little slower and sprinting doesn't seem to matter too much. It feels like you have more control of your players when on the ball. Getting perfect passing requires a bit of a technique. So yeah, ask as many questions as you like. I should have the answers for 98% of them. I'd type more but I need a quick nap.

Lots of love,
    Lamps

p.s Storybud is screwed for fifa 11!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

While it most likely will be them it still hasnt been announced or confirmed yet. Im surprised they have Real Madrid and Barcelona in it together.

For those that didnt get to see the gamescon event heres the FIFA 11 section

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Are custom tactics still in the game? Is the midfield actually needed in fifa now or can a centre back still ping a pass to a striker with ease?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I guess what I really want to know is if it's enjoyable?

Have you asked him questions about clubs? Did you get the chance to play as a keeper at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

dear lord, personality+ could be a disaster, rooney was basically unstoppable in the presentation about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Whats the story with live season etc this year?

joe123 wrote: »
    Are custom tactics still in the game? Is the midfield actually needed in fifa now or can a centre back still ping a pass to a striker with ease?

Sadly custom formations haven't been removed from the game. Rutter said that it was far too difficult to remove it because it upset too much of the games code. He did say that you wouldn't be able to play 8 at the back which is a plus! Also the high pressure has been fixed. There's a stamina bar and trust me stamina means something this time! There's talk about about a vanilla option being there with just everything being default. He said only 38% of people wanted it. He's still strongly considering adding that option for ranked games anyway.

If you're playing really high pressure the AI will make tackles themselves, just leap into them. So that should stop that! No, you can't really ping a pass to a striker from defence, not on the ground anyway. You can belt one long and hope for the best though. The midfield are needed, I tried doing lots of through balls from defence but the midfield intercepted most of it. If you have any more questions then please don't hesitate to ask. :)

miralize wrote: »
    I guess what I really want to know is if it's enjoyable?

Have you asked him questions about clubs? Did you get the chance to play as a keeper at all?

Yes, it's great fun. They've introduced REAL AI!! So the cpu will try tricks and make errors just like us. Think the world cup game except 8000 times better. It's a lot harder to score goals as well. Goalkeepers seemed to have improved even more than the world cup game. Yeah, I got to ask a couple of questions. If there's a few of us in the dressing room and we're waiting on someone we can have a game against the CPU while we wait! I think, that's a great feature. Be very handy for giving players trials & the like! Obviously you already know that there's 400 accomplishments this year. THere's gonna be tournaments and you can play friendlies. If our GK is playing **** then we can remove him from the game! There's also a feature where you can make the goalkeeper shout at your players. I didn't play BAGK sadly. I was too distracted by player ratings and owning noobs! Midget goalkeepers are also gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Chelsea have been in the demo for 09' and 10', Barca, Juve and Lyon are also very repetitive, would like a change for this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Good to hear the info lamposts.

OK my questions, firstly, do you still hit the post at least once a game or is it more realistic this year?

Also, has the graphics and presentation been changed much? Like is it true players look FAR more realistic this year, and has the presentation been changed much such entrances, cut scenes, menus etc.

What's the celebrations like this year? Are they like world cup 2010 or is more added to them and is it true there is co op celebrations where you can all do a celebration together?

Can you finally pressure the players properly like in real life if they're holding the ball in defence and wasting time as its near impossible in previous years.

Is the 1-2 lobbed pass exploit removed?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    dear lord, personality+ could be a disaster, rooney was basically unstoppable in the presentation about it.
    Yeah this seems to be the universal concern with people who play fifa alot online and actually like football and like a bit of variety and dont just pick the same fooking 5* team every time and exploit the game. I expect more real and barca "fans" passing to ronaldo/messi and running with this new personality+ ****e.
    AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Whats the story with live season etc this year?
    They better include a free one league voucher with every new game like they did with 09, as that made online ranked games more exciting as people didn't just pick Chelsea with they're unbeatable strength every game as it would dip at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

They better include a free one league voucher with every new game like they did with 09, as that made online ranked games more exciting as people didn't just pick Chelsea with they're unbeatable strength every game as it would dip at times.

If Chelsea were down one week then most people online just picked one of the other 5 star teams that were up, so it just became stupid.

Lamposts wrote: »
    Rutter even told us the features that werent mentioned yet!

Such as?

Good to hear the info lamposts. Is the 1-2 lobbed pass exploit removed? Also, has the graphics and presentation been changed much? Like is it true players look FAR more realistic this year, and has the presentation been changed much such entrances, cut scenes, menus etc.

In all the games I played, I didn't hit the post even once! As I said the shooting has been vastly improved. I'll get my 45 yard strike still though! Yeah, the new menu is a lot like the one for Fight Night. It's very tidy and a lot quicker than the old fifa menu's. The graphics have made a steady improvement. The game is a lot more realistic this year indeed. Yeah the intro's have changed, there's also a cool little info bar that pops up every now and then comparing say xabi alonso's pass % rate to Xavi's! It also shows things like shots and possession. Really nice feature.

Yeah, you can do co-op celebrations in the new FIFA! It's pretty cool, if you do a celebration you get raped by your teammates, they tackle you, hug you & stuff. It looks AMAZING! Sorry, I don't know if you can hold onto the ball for the rest of the game if you someone takes a 1-0 lead. I found it hard to find space between my back four so I think it's easier this year. Yeah, the whole hitting 1-2 lob pass over your defence is gone.
    Axwell wrote: »
    Such as?
    Well for one you can create your goal nets, you can pick how tight they are. What shape etc. I know people were pretty mad at EA for not supporting their game last year with patches. We all know the dreaded -1,000,000 glitch in MM. I asked would there be more support for the game if glitches were found (thanks macken) Rutter said they found a way of patching the game through squad updates so they don't have to send the patch to microsoft & sony and await approval unless it's a huge glitch. At least they'll fix any glitches that happen this year! There was something on player switching but my mind is fussy. There's 3 settings for it. You can switch in mid air to any player on the screen when the ball is in the air. It's an option to be turned on. That's all I remember on that.There's the 360 jockeying which I think you all know about. There's also a thing called free form sprinting on the right stick. In the arena there's a counter on the board of how many goals you score overall. This feature wasn't in the demo. When playing a ranked game and waiting for it to load you're both in the arena with one being the GK & the other being the striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

wow you made it to the final of a tourney? maybe we might sign you for the boards fifa 11 club.... maybe.

Did you see much in the line of accessories, such as boots or keepers gloves?
    And does the game have an atmosphere during a game? Does it genuinely excite you when you score a goal?

wow you made it to the final of a tourney? maybe we might sign you for the boards fifa 11 club.... maybe.

Did you see much in the line of accessories, such as boots or keepers gloves?
    And does the game have an atmosphere during a game? Does it genuinely excite you when you score a goal?

I got excited when I scored all my goals. Thinks that's because I had people behind me & cheering me on because I'm mad that way. Atmosphere seems a lot better though. Aye, I got shanked in the final. The prize was a copy of FIFA 11. Oh well. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

wonder what online will be like, people leaving games etc has that been sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Towards the end I just stopped playing players that used live season as it was ridiculous how good some players became. Drogba was a tank and unstoppable.

Ive been thinking the personality+ thing could make the game even more about the 5 star teams which I cant stand.

Also since ive gone higher in the online rankings the people I play now actually go to the bother of playing for 5 minutes, pausing the game then breaking out their custom formations (yep even storybud did it to me). And this crossing thing where people score from the wing and the ball loops over the keepers head is getting out of control.

I played a fella just there which ended 4-3 to me but all 3 of his goals were scored from 40 yards out doing that wierd cross thing I had no control over. Its like the chip shot only 100 times worse because theyre doing it from just inside the half way line.

Disappointed to here that custom tactics are staying. Lamposts said 38% wanted it gone. Thats still fairly high considering so I hope there is an option to just play default.

1stuey1 wrote: »
    wonder what online will be like, people leaving games etc has that been sorted?

People can still quit out of the game. They won't be punished but you can search for ranked game for a person with low a DNF. You can quit out before 5 minutes if the connection is bad. The free kick glitch is fixed. The game freezing in the stadium after making a sub is fixed also. The vanilla option should be good if it's introduced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

vanilla option?

Advertisement