Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I added someone on the boards.ie username thread, played against them about three nights ago. They picked Arsenal, I picked Milan. I was 2-0 up after 25 mins and he d/c and sends "you win. play another time."

Arrgh, I thought boards was a foolproof no d/c zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Think EA really have screwed this one up big time. The servers are just total sh*t. And it's still as buggy as it was on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I think free-kicks are still botched to an extent. It's unrealistically hard to play a simple pass to a teammate. In my last game I had a free kick near the half way line and didn't want to lump it up as I've a small team so I tried to pass it, not to the player in front of me who was covered, but another player yet as usual it went straight to the opposition despite my player being fifteen yards away from the free-kick. Its awful and shouldn't be so hard to actually retain the ball from a FK.

Couldn't agree with you more on that one. Its just so hard to know where your aiming passing when you in a free kick, and it should be a simple thing to do. Always been like that and it needs to be changed. Sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah, getting freekicks anywhere near the half way line is a disadvantage IMO.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah, getting freekicks anywhere near the half way line is a disadvantage IMO.

Forget the half way line, they're pretty bad anywhere and its surprising how little they're talked about in reviews etc. If you get a free kick outside the box (for me anyway) unless you hold the up button, you have little chance of scoring with anyone who isnt over 90 in free kick stats. Curling is pretty non-existant for anyone who doesnt have exceptionally high stats and drilling it rarely results in anything.

And from this passing from free kicks even in advanced positions should be easier so if you don't have someone to shoot with you can at least lay it off to someone in space as opposed to what EA make you do, which is pass the ball to a player who's marked by two players and blocked in view by another. And as you said on the half way line its even worse because you effectively have to hoof the ball up and hope for the best.

If you're playing as a lower team getting a free kick anywhere on the pitch is somewhat of a disadvantage because you've gone from having possession to somewhat of a 50/50 whether you can retain it from a free-kick, which is rubbish. If you're not going to change free kick dynamics then at least allow 360 degree spins so IF I HAVE TO (ie every time) retain possession I can at least knock it back to a centre back or keeper.

• Advertisement

I actually think they're alright 30-35 yards out. I've scored a few from crossing freekicks into the box and winning the knock-down. I agree about the direct ones though. As I said in this thread the other day, freekicks are too easy to score with good players and far too difficult to score with poor ones. I was at a League Two match last week and a player from Accrington Stanley curled a great freekick in from 25 yards. I doubt it's possible to score one with a 1 star team in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Ok can anyone help me?

We (my brother and I) have not been able to play fifa11 online on the ps3 since we bought it,

There was never a problem with fifa10 - and we have no problems with any other online games,

When i go to join a game, it just says loading for a while, then says connection with opponent lost, it has never got further than that,

??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Sounds like you need to change to NAT 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

So is this the place for rants?

Bunch of fcuking mongos quitting on me, played 4 games last night 2 cancellations, played 4 games today and had 3 cancellations, its getting ridiculous!

Have some pride and continue the game.

Was browsing some of the leaderboards and there is guys with DNF's of 30% + and 1 guy I seen had a DNF of 41% just ridiculous :mad:

Agree with the posts about the free kicks, any kind of kick(kick outs too) are an advantage to the other team.
    Even if you win the header your players are so spread out it just drops 5 yards away to one of their backs/midfield.
    Also your defence seems to disorganise itself so if you drop it shortish and they head it back towards your goal straight away your left exposed.

Just being playing again the past day or two after a gap and i have to say, the patch doesn't seem to have done anything. Players still swop positions etc....

Two months for a patch that made no difference to game-play and the main problem with clubs(when the other team pulls out you have to pick positions/formation, which is 90% of the time you search a game) still remains. Along with the ''micro freezes'' and also the new problem where you won't be able to pick one particular player each game(mainly a striker) when the opposition has a kick out(or set play)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Played my first match online today, with the Ultimate Team yoke...

Lost 7-0... might need some practice... still I didn't quit! I lose with dignity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

how much is the online pass ???? i have it for xbox and my brother has it for ps3 i want to play against a few of my friends on my ps3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

€5 I think.

Quick question?

In the middle of a game was loosing 2-0 and draw level to 2-2 and went 2-3 up in extra time but now the guy has paused the game and it isnt resuming, has the game crashed?

Ive seen a few people talk about this but glanced over it not really sure what it is, is it some tactic to try and get the win?

If I quit out will he get the points and me get a DNF rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Quick question?

If I quit out will he get the points and me get a DNF rating?

Pretty much yup!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Pretty much yup!

Cheers man.

Just been reading about that glitch, fcuking shocking how EA can leave it open like that surely they are gonna have to patch it.

I think anybody caught doing that should be fcuked offline, horrible little cheats!

I think anybody caught doing that should be fcuked offline, horrible little cheats!

Again, is there any evidence that the other person has done anything wrong? Seems to be a glitch but one that no one person is to blame for.

Again, is there any evidence that the other person has done anything wrong? Seems to be a glitch but one that no one person is to blame for.

The fact they're always losing not enough?

One fella even left his controller down against me, then it started after around 15-20seconds.

But no one seems to know how they're somehow doing this.

As I said before, I've had it happen to me twice. I was winning one and losing the other. Both I sat out and got the win after about 20 minutes. The one in which I was losing the guy sent me an abusive message when he disconnected so clearly he thought that I'd caused the fault but I certainly had not done so.

I really think it's just somethnig that happens. If not the everyone would be doing it when they were losing (judging from the number of ****s who seem to play this game online).

But no one seems to know how they're somehow doing this.

As I said before, I've had it happen to me twice. I was winning one and losing the other. Both I sat out and got the win after about 20 minutes. The one in which I was losing the guy sent me an abusive message when he disconnected so clearly he thought that I'd caused the fault but I certainly had not done so.

I really think it's just somethnig that happens. If not the everyone would be doing it when they were losing (judging from the number of ****s who seem to play this game online).

The freezing problem i have only had happen when i was winning.

The straight up disconnection problems i've had where i've lost/gained points.

There are ways of doing this, i remember reading about it a year or two ago. Up until then it would only happen if you tried to skip a replay(mainly after a goal you scored) or when a sub was coming on if you clicked X. Difference then was the game would never restart.

Some posters at the time mentioned ''Lag Switches'' http://compnetworking.about.com/od/consumerelectronicsnetworks/f/lag_switches.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Having trouble finding and downloading the update.

Does anyone have a link for the update for the PS3 that I can download onto a USB and then onto the console?

And when on the USB, how do you transfer it onto the console?

(I am useless with computers)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Does anyone else suffer any of these problems over and over again:

• At least once per game, normally twice, the referee gets in the way, and it is always a hindrance for my team and not the opposition?
    • The amount of fouls I give away is astonishing. I rarely slide tackle, but the computer will get 6-7 free kicks per match for practically nothing. And if it does the same to you, you don't get a free.
    • The advantage function only really works for the computer. When I get it, I lose it after about a second, meaning that sometimes I fail to have an advantage and never get a free.
    • When you are running close to the goal and you try to pass it across, even pass it back, the player will either tamely pass it to the goalkeeper or pass it wide? Ridiculous.
    • Sometimes the speed of some players are just plainly wrong. I don't know how many times a ridiculously slow defender has out paced my sprinting Cristiano Ronaldo. It just wouldn't happen.
    • In career mode, I can only sell my poor players. I can't sell anybody decent.
    • Sometimes when you are facing a certain player, and you try to pass it five yards to him, your player decides to pass it to someone totally obscure, which consequently means the computer cuts off the pass.
    I find that there are so many problems with the gameplay. Maybe it's because I am unable to get the update. Those are just some of the problems I can think of off the top of my head. There are loads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Try playing manual settings mate.. gameplay will improve dramatically;) On the other points ya mentioned, the update has cleared up some of the problems but there are still some big glitches in the game, mainly due the servers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Does anyone else suffer any of these problems over and over again:

Eh a resounding yes! That's FIFA 11 I'm afraid, take it or leave it! They'll fix a lot of those problems in FIFA 12, and then come up with a whole bunch of new ones, its a vicious cycle to sell a new release every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Those name changes are mental. Seen it for the first time yesterday. Darren Fletcher turned into D Focher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Those name changes are mental. Seen it for the first time yesterday. Darren Fletcher turned into D Focher.

What's the story with that was playin my mate other day and names were messed up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

God Damn EA Servers. Was in the middle of purchasing a Premium Gold Pack in Ultimate Team when I lost my connection to the servers. Come back and the sale went through but I didn't get the pack. 7,500 coins down the swanny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The name changes are really annoying. Thankfully they don't happen in ranked games. But they're in every other game mode!!

• The amount of fouls I give away is astonishing. I rarely slide tackle, but the computer will get 6-7 free kicks per match for practically nothing. And if it does the same to you, you don't get a free.

I've only really noticed this since you mentioned it but its amazing how many fouls I give away in a game, sometimes 10-20 in a 7 minute a half game compared to the 3 the opposition give away, and its always for ridiculous things like minor collisions or standing tackles. Was raging last night the amount of free kicks I was giving away and wasn't even playing "rough".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Hey lads,
    Is there any way you can play 2 vs 2 on fifa 11 ? With everyone on their own ps3 ?

Thanks

Advertisement