Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Yeah, just go into the lobbies and go to the lobby that's for online team play then invite each other to the game through the lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Lamposts wrote: »
    Yeah, just go into the lobbies and go to the lobby that's for online team play then invite each other to the game through the lobby.

Is it true that each person can only play as 1 player doing it like this though?
    no player switching ?

You can both select the 'ANY' position and control all 11 players each.

You can both select the 'ANY' position and control all 11 players each.

Thanking you :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was playing against united and was 1-0 up then I lose my connection so frustrating only seems to happen when Im winning,I take it its the other player quitting?or could it be a problem with my net connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Was playing against united and was 1-0 up then I lose my connection so frustrating only seems to happen when Im winning,I take it its the other player quitting?or could it be a problem with my net connection?

Check the match results in the Player HUB. If you won 3-0 then chances are he quit. If you lost 3-0 then it's your connection.

Happened to me last night - I was 1-0 up on Madrid and this guy had just had his second player sent off when the connection dropped out at my end. Very frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Just played a person, beat him 4-3. He then didn't press to skip the highlights, and didn't press anything on the 'Rematch?' page. I had to Ctrl Alt Del to get out of the game. Go back in and it is as if that match did not count. Did he just screw me with a glitch or was that a once off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just played a person, beat him 4-3. He then didn't press to skip the highlights, and didn't press anything on the 'Rematch?' page. I had to Ctrl Alt Del to get out of the game. Go back in and it is as if that match did not count. Did he just screw me with a glitch or was that a once off?

It's a glitch, it's happened to me a few times. After I've won a game it would freeze at the rematch screen, whoever quits out first gets the loss, it's pretty sucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 razuuu

hey, if anyone out there is playing FUT on the ps3 and is looking for players im trying to recoup my loses so i'm selling some :(

heres te list of players i got

van persie, 85

the walcott, 81

fellaini, 81

gareth barry, 82

ze roberto, 82

chamakh, 82

hangeland, 82

thomas rosicky, 82

brad friedel, 82

mikel, 82

zhirkov, 81

squillaci, 81

carlos vela. 77

viera, 78

govou, 80

onuoha, 78

if anybodys interested in any of the players, let me know for how much separatly or if you want to buy them all together make me an offer

Oh yeah and can you pm me, I dont check this thread often, cheers

and all the players are for ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Was playing Pro Clubs with my cousin and brother. The game was 0-0 for ages although we'd missed plenty of chances. Annoyingly the other lads went up and scored. Straight away we equalised and the game went to extra time were we scored to take the lead. All going grand, game in control and had a few more good chances. Then, with 1 min left, the game suddenly freezes for my brother and cousin. I'm left playing but it's obvious something had gone wrong as it was just the CPU on my team and usually you need 2 active players to continue.

Anyway, the game ends and goes to the cut scenes. Then it started! The guys on the other team weren't continuing so I sent them a message asking did the game freeze for them too? Got a reply calling me a "joker" for some reason. I replied again asking him if he was just hanging on for the win? Got this back...

8n0.jpg

9pm0.jpg

So pissed off. We'd won that game fairly and these lads were basically trying to rob it from us. It's not the first time it's happened but it's the first time the other guys have been so open about it.

s1s01.jpg

The game ended over an hour ago and it's still on the same screen. Call me sad or childish but I'm not giving up on this. I hate the idea of someone cheating their way through a game like this. It's bully-tactics. My cousin and brother have gone off to bed, leaving their Xboxs(es?) on and I'll be doing the same now.

Question I have is; Is this 'freeze' something that people can force to happen? Or is it just random? It's happened me so many times in the last minute of games that I find it hard to believe it's nothing other than foul play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Meh, I let them have it and it's not a glitch either - **** happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

raheny red wrote: »
    Meh, I let them have it and it's not a glitch either - **** happens.

Exactly this is a trait of Fifa 11 unfortunately when both games de sync from one another and you end up still playing in a game but not the same one as your opponent

He probably thinks that you have glitched it too and that is why he didn't quit either but then again ye were winning

If it happens and I am losing I would quit out, it is bad form if someone stays on when losing like he is

I just left my Xbox on overnight. He'd quit at some stage. Got the win we deserved.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Thanking you :)

You can always set up a club and all 4 of ye can play together!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It hasn't happened to me and I'd understand the rage and wanting to hang on all night to get the win and for him to quit, but the risk of an overheat and a bricked machine because of some nobody would annoy me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Is anyone else finding that playing a pass with your first touch tends to be really weak. Have found it really annoying. I'm playing on manual so maybe its just manual that has the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The trick is to power up:pac: But thats why manual is far greater compared to assisted, simple things like a 1st time pass actually takes a bit of skill. I find holding the power drive/jockey button comes in handy. However theres a strange glitch when ya play a 1st time pass coming from aloft, no matter how little ya power up, it wil fly away! EA dont care about solving problems in this game though so ya just have to deal with it unfortunately:rolleyes:

It hasn't happened to me and I'd understand the rage and wanting to hang on all night to get the win and for him to quit, but the risk of an overheat and a bricked machine because of some nobody would annoy me more.

Spot on. Going few hours without FIFA would kill me while the game is frozen, a simple restart and you're back in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Fowler87 wrote: »
    The trick is to power up:pac: But thats why manual is far greater compared to assisted, simple things like a 1st time pass actually takes a bit of skill. I find holding the power drive/jockey button comes in handy. However theres a strange glitch when ya play a 1st time pass coming from aloft, no matter how little ya power up, it wil fly away! EA dont care about solving problems in this game though so ya just have to deal with it unfortunately:rolleyes:

Yea it ridiculous. Its either highly under powered, or full powered. Its extremely annoying. I'm guessing its just a manual thing and because of that it will probably never be fixed!

You can always set up a club and all 4 of ye can play together!

Ya dude. Thanks . He ain't great though :pac::pac:

Will probably just use that team play thingy , plus he doesn't have FIFA 11 yet.

bashtard! He got a mic today so things moving along nicely . Will have to pressure him into getting fifa 11 :D

• Advertisement

Spot on. Going few hours without FIFA would kill me while the game is frozen, a simple restart and you're back in the game!

I didn't go without. I went to sleep. Normally I wouldn't do it but I spent ages trying to get to a final in Pro Clubs. This was a semi-final match and no way I was having it robbed from me.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I didn't go without. I went to sleep. Normally I wouldn't do it but I spent ages trying to get to a final in Pro Clubs. This was a semi-final match and no way I was having it robbed from me.

Meh you didn't win the semi final either so just restart the game tbh.

And if your machine overheats from being on for 10+ hours will it be worth it?

Doubtful.

Meh you didn't win the semi final either so just restart the game tbh.

I was winning at the time and there was 1 minute left. That's good enough for me.
    And if your machine overheats from being on for 10+ hours will it be worth it?

Doubtful.

It's well under warranty and had to be awake in 4 hours anyway. Wasn't risking much.

I was winning at the time and there was 1 minute left. That's good enough for me.

It's well under warranty and had to be awake in 4 hours anyway. Wasn't risking much.

If you lose all your saved data from FIFA and other games on the burnt out machine I think its a pretty decent risk :)

If you lose all your saved data from FIFA and other games on the burnt out machine I think its a pretty decent risk :)

My house is like a freezer. I doubt even the towel trick could overheat it in this temperature haha.

Fed up with this sh1t! Fcuking load of bollox! Happened again. won the game, froze at 'Rematch?', I quit, then lost the game. Such a load of ****, knocked back to number 2. **** this **** game

Fed up with this sh1t! Fcuking load of bollox! Happened again. won the game, froze at 'Rematch?', I quit, then lost the game. Such a load of ****, knocked back to number 2. **** this **** game

Number 2 on ps3, xbox, pc ?World /Ireland ? Would love to give ya a game if you're on ps3! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

Hey just a quick question sorry if it's obvious or whatever but I've only started playing FIFA 11 online this week.

Anyway I have enjoyed the few games in Team Play Mode that didn't descend into farce! I think it's a good game mode but all too often people act the idiot with it.

I'd like to play more games with semi sensible players. Not the idiot who tries to dribble the length of the field with his keeper, or the other idiot who keeps giving away penalties on purpose or the player who shoots everytime he gets the ball.

Is there a forum or site where there might be organised games of team play? The only game I've ever played online before was NCAA Football. I found a private forum you had to sign up to and they created their own league. If you acted the idiot they a 3 strikes and you're out policy.

I guess I'm looking for something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Number 2 on ps3, xbox, pc ?World /Ireland ? Would love to give ya a game if you're on ps3! :)

PC - Ireland. There's not many of us mind you, but still

Advertisement