Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

crackit wrote: »
    Hey just a quick question sorry if it's obvious or whatever but I've only started playing FIFA 11 online this week.

Anyway I have enjoyed the few games in Team Play Mode that didn't descend into farce! I think it's a good game mode but all too often people act the idiot with it.

I'd like to play more games with semi sensible players. Not the idiot who tries to dribble the length of the field with his keeper, or the other idiot who keeps giving away penalties on purpose or the player who shoots everytime he gets the ball.

Is there a forum or site where there might be organised games of team play? The only game I've ever played online before was NCAA Football. I found a private forum you had to sign up to and they created their own league. If you acted the idiot they a 3 strikes and you're out policy.

I guess I'm looking for something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll play you if you want, I'm a decent player who doesn't act the bollix and plays the game the way it should be played. Too many chancers out there with their cheating and such......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i must say Fifa 11 is a great game
    but they get some new stadiums

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I haven't played this for a month now, has anything changed with regards to the bugs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Paully D wrote: »
    I haven't played this for a month now, has anything changed with regards to the bugs etc.
    yeah a lot of bugs are gone in career mode
    i dunno about online though i don't play online

MD1990 wrote: »
    yeah a lot of bugs are gone in career mode
    i dunno about online though i don't play online

:eek:

That's like going to a brothel for hug!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »

Nope, just put it on after a a few weeks break and it's the same old.

Went to ET in my first IWC game and got a penalty then the game ''magically'' froze, screen went black and then after a few seconds the commentator announced the player missed it.

It returned to him on his kick out, he stupidly passed it short and i took it and scored straight away.
    He takes kick off and just boots it down over my end-line, and no surprises it freezes again but again only momentarily.
    I take the kick out and it goes out of play after he walked the ball out, and again it freezes this time not returning.

Anyone who thinks this is random is wrong, any time this has happened to me I've been winning, they always stop playing, one lad left his controller down once and within 5-10 seconds of him leaving it started to freeze up. It seems it takes 2/3 10-15second freezes before it permanently goes.

They're jigging their boxes some way, possibly using a LAG switch. It was a problem last year but it only happened if you tried to skip a replay(when i didn't skip the replays it never seemed to happen), whereas this year a LOT of people are doing it and it seems more successful since it doesn't rely on a replay.

Patch fixed absolutely nothing, players still leave positions, lofted through balls are still too accurate and people are still cheating. I'm getting PES over xmas, last year's was disappointing enough but this years has been much worse after a decent demo(where finesse weren't weak shots + only means of scoring from outside the box etc..).

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Lads was trying to play a friend online. He lives about 18 kilometres away.
    It was on on PS3 but when we tried to after loading for about a minute unable to join game came up?
    We tried everthing and ive even played lads in other european countries.
    Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nope, just put it on after a a few weeks break and it's the same old.

Went to ET in my first IWC game and got a penalty then the game ''magically'' froze, screen went black and then after a few seconds the commentator announced the player missed it.

It returned to him on his kick out, he stupidly passed it short and i took it and scored straight away.
    He takes kick off and just boots it down over my end-line, and no surprises it freezes again but again only momentarily.
    I take the kick out and it goes out of play after he walked the ball out, and again it freezes this time not returning.

Anyone who thinks this is random is wrong, any time this has happened to me I've been winning, they always stop playing, one lad left his controller down once and within 5-10 seconds of him leaving it started to freeze up. It seems it takes 2/3 10-15second freezes before it permanently goes.

They're jigging their boxes some way, possibly using a LAG switch. It was a problem last year but it only happened if you tried to skip a replay(when i didn't skip the replays it never seemed to happen), whereas this year a LOT of people are doing it and it seems more successful since it doesn't rely on a replay.

Patch fixed absolutely nothing, players still leave positions, lofted through balls are still too accurate and people are still cheating. I'm getting PES over xmas, last year's was disappointing enough but this years has been much worse after a decent demo(where finesse weren't weak shots + only means of scoring from outside the box etc..).

Honestly, it seems more like a problem with the internet connection, to me. Unless you're just that good that people can't stand to play you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Whats the story with Addidas Live Season. I know some people are reporting their team feels sluggish?

So, if I have ALS enabled for one league, all the teams in that league play better against people who don't have it enabled for that league? How does it work?

Don't want to have my side any more sluggish than they already feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Why the hell do my defenders refuse to jump, it's so f**king retarded. My keeper makes a save and the ball goes up in the air with my defender and an opponent under it but my defender just stands there like a complete twat and lets the striker head it in for an easy goal.

Fix the simple things before adding a load of s**t like Personalty+. It's the exact same with Madden from EA, they add a load of crap every year and say thy have improved the game even though the exact same problems from 4 years ago are STILL THERE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Honestly, it seems more like a problem with the internet connection, to me. Unless you're just that good that people can't stand to play you.

Maybe it's a coincidence but this 'freezing' has happened me at least 20 times and honest to god, it has NEVER happened when I was losing. More often than not it's in the last few minutes of a game or just after I've scored. I just can't see how this is random.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Maybe it's a coincidence but this 'freezing' has happened me at least 20 times and honest to god, it has NEVER happened when I was losing. More often than not it's in the last few minutes of a game or just after I've scored. I just can't see how this is random.

And it's generally during your celebration...internet connection me arse. Hate cheaters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

The thing that annoys me is quitters who you've lost to, and not quit, and, in the second match, you're beating them and they quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

EA seriously need to do something about their servers.

Was just playing Ultimate Team there and was beating some guy 5-1 just before HT and my connection to the servers drops. So not only do I lose all the coins I would have got for beating him, but he gets 600 coins for 'beating' me and my DNF Modifier drops again. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Addidas Live Season. I know some people are reporting their team feels sluggish?

So, if I have ALS enabled for one league, all the teams in that league play better against people who don't have it enabled for that league? How does it work?

Don't want to have my side any more sluggish than they already feel.

Yep pretty much. I dont have Live season so I rarely play against someone that has it. Generally the game always balances in favour of the live season team.

I decided to go against it for ten games and ended up loosing alot more than I would normally. Conceded an obscene amount of corners and generally getting bullied off the ball, bounces going in the other teams favour and all that malarky.

Live season stats can go as high as giving ibriamovich 99 strength and such ridiculousness at that!

Fifa give the advantage to those that use Live season so in turn the player without it goes out and buys it aswell. Its like a plague!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was beating a guy 3-2 and in the 87th minute I got disconnected :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

I've had a number of guys disconnect in the last few days. I was drawing with Barcelona as Legia Warszawa and the guy pulled out in the 89min. Plank

Just new to FIFA (PES convert) and Xbox Live. I have no online friends to play against :( Please add me as friend if you want a non Barca-Real-Man Utd game.

RealisticGlint7 (not my choice)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This game seems to be a magnet for brainless twats. Playing some guy, drawing 1-1, just missed a one on one with Rooney, and we get disconnected (still connected to Xbox live and the EA servers afterwards), the guy just sends me "hahaha, pussy". wtf? Obviously, he can see I'm still connected to Xbox live and I can't magically make myself disconnect from the EA server. Then I check his gamercard, and see I've given him bad rep before. I only do this for people who quit, so he'd obviously quit on me at some point before! Total twat!

Then the next fella, bit of lag throughout the game, end up drawing 1-1, no celebrating, replays etc, apart from his goal of course, and he just sends me "cuntttttttttt". Thats your connection thats the problem, not mine. Argh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Anyone getting this problem when playing online? Every second ranked game now seems to end up by the game freezing randomly, but when it freezes the sound goes, the on screen moves like a frame every few seconds so it's not completely frozen but I can use the guide button also.

It's frozen for the other player also but this only happens when playing FIFA, no other game. Any ideas?
    Well I traded that game in thinking it was broken... I ordered a new copy off amazon and it arrived today, I put it in, first ranked game it froze again within a few minutes. WTF is up with this? Only fifa freezes, like what happens is the match freezes but moves a frame every few seconds like really bad lag and the sound goes but I can still use the guide button like normal but theres no sound off that also. What I can do about this? Should I ring EA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Don't ya just hate when someone picks athlethico Madrid then when you've picked your team them and they change to Barca .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

PS3 connected to the internet fine, playing away, oh whoops, I've lost my connection to the EA Servers. No doubt that's a 3-0 loss. Hmmmm, I'm still connected to PSN, and my PC is on in the corner not dropping any packets on a constant ping test.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU! :mad:

In Ultimate Team you shouldn't be able to see the opponent's rating :mad: - the amount of time you spend chasing a game because pussies keep backing out of the lobby. My team is 83 83 82, plenty of people with 87 85 83 have been backing out in the lobby :rolleyes:

Haha. I just scored from 75 yards online! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone keep gtting kicked off the servers today ? Im playing Ultimate team and 3 times iv been disconnected in the last hour :mad:

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone keep gtting kicked off the servers today ? Im playing Ultimate team and 3 times iv been disconnected in the last hour :mad:

Yup, my DNF Multiplier has been destroyed today thanks to EA's servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

Does anyone know when there will be an Online league thread for new players?
    All the ones that are up are ***EXIXTING MEMBERS ONLY***

Wilson91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when there will be an Online league thread for new players?
    All the ones that are up are ***EXIXTING MEMBERS ONLY***

I was also wondering about this. I messaged thewools there on PSN, so I'll let you know if he gets back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

I was also wondering about this. I messaged thewools there on PSN, so I'll let you know if he gets back to me.

cheers

Wilson91 wrote: »
    cheers

He said he will probably post it tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yup, my DNF Multiplier has been destroyed today thanks to EA's servers.

And yet again tonight. 3 disconnects from the EA servers in the first half three matches in a row :mad::mad:

Advertisement