Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My broadband connection is bad last few days can't stay online for more than 20minutes and then I get disconnected :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How do i get players back from red cards i Ultimate Team ? Iv had one layer suspended for ages and its saying he only has a one match ban. its really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

leave the guy in the reserves and he should serve the ban that way, similiar to an injury. he will remain suspended if you remove him from the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone find this game really sluggish when playing online ? my connection speed is fine, it just always seems slow and unresponsive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

The price of contracts on the rise :mad: - last week you could get a 90 contract (28 games) for a buy now of 250 easily. You'd be lucky to get it at 550 buy now! A pain in the hoop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi ppl anyone for few good games of FIFA 11 on xbox.let me know cos I'm looking to play FIFA with guys from here if that possible.anyway let me know thanks

December..... switching to PES and I was very inactive bar the first two weeks.

Really gone downhill since 09.... such a cheap game.

The one thing it has going for it-''Clubs'' is highly flawed too and not worth putting any serious time into.

More you play the higher your players get, so most lads have 90+ bullets.

All it would take to even this out would be to give either AI good enough to deal with faster players or else base your additional AI players on you're teams combined ability.
    Instead they give you extremely slow, lanky players who have terrible reactions and passing as bad as a half star team.

So clubs turns into a game of strong strikers just brushing past your defence and running in for a shot or pass to a team mate.

Massive fail EA..... They need to stop hiring Canadians to test this game as they haven't a clue to spot the obvious exploits that materialise after 1 day

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

Any tips for reducing the amount of lag in online games?
    At times it gets extremely jumpy and extremely frustrating when trying to play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

December..... switching to PES and I was very inactive bar the first two weeks.

Really gone downhill since 09.... such a cheap game.

The one thing it has going for it-''Clubs'' is highly flawed too and not worth putting any serious time into.

More you play the higher your players get, so most lads have 90+ bullets.

All it would take to even this out would be to give either AI good enough to deal with faster players or else base your additional AI players on you're teams combined ability.
    Instead they give you extremely slow, lanky players who have terrible reactions and passing as bad as a half star team.

So clubs turns into a game of strong strikers just brushing past your defence and running in for a shot or pass to a team mate.

Massive fail EA..... They need to stop hiring Canadians to test this game as they haven't a clue to spot the obvious exploits that materialise after 1 day

You do nothing but complain:rolleyes: Delighted your moving to PES..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Also some of your posts make you come across as that you think your the top player in ireland at fifa or something :rolleyes:

BTW, PES 2011 is like last gen compared to fifa IMO, even though fifa 11 isnt as good as FIFA WC 2010.

• Advertisement

Also some of your posts make you come across as that you think your the top player in ireland at fifa or something :rolleyes:

BTW, PES 2011 is like last gen compared to fifa IMO, even though fifa 11 isnt as good as FIFA WC 2010.

I was plenty of times.... FAIL... crawl back under your rock
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    You do nothing but complain:rolleyes: Delighted your moving to PES..

Like i really give a **** what some **** who names himself after a football player thinks...:rolleyes:.

The thread is called FIFA 11, I've gave my opinion on it and don't see any where else from my 1000+ posts i've been constantly complaining, or maybe you've been following all my posts and reading everything since you seem to know so much about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Like i really give a **** what some **** who names himself after a football player thinks...:rolleyes:.

The thread is called FIFA 11, I've gave my opinion on it and don't see any where else from my 1000+ posts i've been constantly complaining, or maybe you've been following all my posts and reading everything since you seem to know so much about me.

Apologise for patronising ya but I said that because two of your posts on the thread earlier today, were basically giving out bout the game (which I wont argue with ya, is not perfect) and how your getting PES now (nobody cares)...

But if you played with the manual settings on, ya might have enjoyed it better as ya wont get as worked up about the ai fuking up your play and might realise that this GAME is actually enjoyable, best out there still IMO... ya could have done a bit better with your insults though:pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Apologise for patronising ya but I said that because two of your posts on the thread earlier today, were basically giving out bout the game (which I wont argue with ya, is not perfect) and how your getting PES now (nobody cares)...

But if you played with the manual settings on, ya might have enjoyed it better as ya wont get as worked up about the ai fuking up your play and might realise that this GAME is actually enjoyable, best out there still IMO... ya could have done a bit better with your insults though:pac:

I criticised elements of the game, go to any game thread and you'll see the same thing(Usually in a much pettier way-GT 5 thread had people moaning about particular cars missing even though there are 1000 included and you can't even see them when driving on the default view)

In fact if you wanted to pick out people for complaining there are a number of posts near the top here giving out about people disconnecting which has nothing to do with the actual games just human nature. At least my post was about the actual game

I know no ones cares i got PES, in fact i didn't phrase it like ''I'm getting PES'', i stated it to show how much i'm disappointed with this years game as i haven't bought PES since 2008.

Manuals not the problem, the problem is mainly lofted through balls which have no assisted/manual setting anyway afaik and the poor return from ground through balls that turn each game into a game of kick and chase.

All said my last post wasn't even about the game anyway it was about clubs which is all i was playing the last month or so when i did go online. It could be a great mode if obvious flaws were spotted in development(i.e players boosting to unreal levels while AI additional players all resemble CB's for 1/2 star teams)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

the game is deadly. get on my level skyyboiiiiis:)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

storybud22 wrote: »
    the game is deadly. get on my level skyyboiiiiis:)

you mean number 2 in your house and also 2nd in Ireland????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gave FIFA 11 up for a month (other games etc), just played first game back there yesterday and it felt better than ever.

Think the break did the game some good!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jarndyce

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to play an online co-op on Fifa 11 with each player of one team being on the same gamertag? i.e. both players of one team simply move the controllers to one side, like when playing against the computer?

In the lobby I have found 2 v 2 games, which are not what I am looking for, as they require two gamertags against two gamertags

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Jarndyce wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to play an online co-op on Fifa 11 with each player of one team being on the same gamertag? i.e. both players of one team simply move the controllers to one side, like when playing against the computer?

In the lobby I have found 2 v 2 games, which are not what I am looking for, as they require two gamertags against two gamertags

on team selection screen for an onlinehead to head match press "Y" if it is xbox and if it is a PS3 then press "triangle" to sign in a guest.

that way you and a friend can play together on the one team

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jarndyce

Town Man wrote: »
    on team selection screen for an onlinehead to head match press "Y" if it is xbox and if it is a PS3 then press "triangle" to sign in a guest.

that way you and a friend can play together on the one team

Perfect, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

any1 haven problems playin online on ps3 over the xmas period. mine was working grand but last few days havent been able to get a game goin online??? any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Since Monday night all my players names have been changed, it's doing my head in. Every single player is down under a different name than what they're supposed to be. Downloaded the updates and it's still not fixed.

Highly annoying. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

any idea if there is a problem with server or anything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hey guys,just got the game over christmas.
    Just wondering does the difficultly setting have any affect on your virtual pro or manager teams?
    Like will playing at a higher level improve my vp faster or will I get more money for my team etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Any chance of an xbox cup being set up in the future?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing as liverpool in career mode,how come when I the season is over im only offered jobs in england?is it not possible to go abroad no?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Hey guys,just got the game over christmas.
    Just wondering does the difficultly setting have any affect on your virtual pro or manager teams?
    Like will playing at a higher level improve my vp faster or will I get more money for my team etc?

Some achievements for VP have to be done on world class, so yeah I suppose so.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

Playing as liverpool in career mode,how come when I the season is over im only offered jobs in england?is it not possible to go abroad no?

Think it depends on your manager reputation, as well as the position you finish in the league etc. The better these are, the better your offers will be.

Obviously in your first years you won't have the best reputation, so won't be offered many jobs abroad, as foreign clubs will likely not have heard of you..

Improve your rep and you'll have overseas offers

Wilson91 wrote: »
    Think it depends on your manager reputation, as well as the position you finish in the league etc. The better these are, the better your offers will be.

Obviously in your first years you won't have the best reputation, so won't be offered many jobs abroad, as foreign clubs will likely not have heard of you..

Improve your rep and you'll have overseas offers

So it eventually is possible to go abroad?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So it eventually is possible to go abroad?:)

Yes. I won the league in my first season with Spurs and was offered the Man Utd job and a job at Catania or Bari or someone like that, stayed at Spurs, but point being I was offered a job in Italy.

• Advertisement

Yes. I won the league in my first season with Spurs and was offered the Man Utd job and a job at Catania or Bari or someone like that, stayed at Spurs, but point being I was offered a job in Italy.

good stuff,maybe another season or 2 and I'll be offered the job at bayern :cool:

Advertisement