Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Fúcking freezers!

Score in the 87th to go 3-2 up. Have a chance to make it four a couple seconds later but goes out for a corner and now the games frozen and he just sent me a message: 'hahahahahaha looooooser'

Not a hope I'm turning my PS3 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Frisbee wrote: »
    Fúcking freezers!

Score in the 87th to go 3-2 up. Have a chance to make it four a couple seconds later but goes out for a corner and now the games frozen and he just sent me a message: 'hahahahahaha looooooser'

Not a hope I'm turning my PS3 off.

This has never happened me before, even though people seem to experience it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Only the second time it's happened to me. He quit out after ten minutes when i messaged him back saying I was just going to leave my PS3 on all night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Lads when the jan window squad update coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

ya id like to know this aswell. cant wait to start playing with torres and drogba up front :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Usually its 2-3 weeks after it closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Only got Fifa 11 recently on PSP, from what I've seen the squads on it can't be updated?? :( Sucks that game basically current for like 4/5 months after release just :o

Can't even play it online even so was wonderin would the maybe release a option file with updated teams or they even included in the option file?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Got all excited there when i got a squad update alas it wasnt jan transfers :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does it update automatically?

• Advertisement

Does it update automatically?

No if you log in online you'll be told there's a squad update and it'll prompt you to save for offline use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is there a way that you can have custom tactics as your default tactics when playing online ? I always have to keep changing my tactics to my custom ones when i play online, tried changing it in the edit team managment bit but it still comes up as the default

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

Can anyone help me with this.

Lately when playing Fifa when my player is in possesion of the ball,my player won't sprint he basically walks and when not in possesion when i try to tackle the player basically circles the opposing player like hes jockeying without tackling??is this a common glitch or something wrong with my controller???please some advice its driving me nuts

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with this.

Lately when playing Fifa when my player is in possesion of the ball,my player won't sprint he basically walks and when not in possesion when i try to tackle the player basically circles the opposing player like hes jockeying without tackling??is this a common glitch or something wrong with my controller???please some advice its driving me nuts

Cheers.

Are you using the right buttons?

bigred100 wrote: »
    Are you using the right buttons?

Yeah i am indeed,,ive been scouring online to sse if other people are having the same issue?

To explain it properly when i have posseion and try to run the player just walks,and when im not in possesion the players run like benny hill,,and when i try to nick the ball of their feet by pressing the x button
    the player just stands off and looks like there jockeying fresh air.

Please can someone help me with this its drivin me f'n nuts

cheers:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Does anyone know what it was for I picked liverpool and Torres was gone but I picked Chelsea and he wasnt there either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Does anyone know what it was for I picked liverpool and Torres was gone but I picked Chelsea and he wasnt there either

Was it an unranked game?

Nope Ranked online and I noticed on the stats mine was Chelsea 82 attack and the other fellas chelsea was 84?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Nope Ranked online and I noticed on the stats mine was Chelsea 82 attack and the other fellas chelsea was 84?

Probaly the difference was one of yous having live season and the other not having it.

Ah yeah only thought of that there thanks Philly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Just picked up fifa there at the weekend for the xbox, might add a few of ye for some games because im still fairly bad at it.
    Is there any way to keep shots low from outside the box, im either blazing them over or hitting straight at the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah i am indeed,,ive been scouring online to sse if other people are having the same issue?

You've got the controller set to the wrong setting (whichever of classic or alternate that you don't usually use).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just picked up fifa there at the weekend for the xbox, might add a few of ye for some games because im still fairly bad at it.
    Is there any way to keep shots low from outside the box, im either blazing them over or hitting straight at the keeper.

It's extremely difficult to score from outside the box without using the 'laces' shot or using the 'finesse' shot. It should say in your manual how to do them. Then just muck around in the arena for a while perfecting them.

From FIFA Soccer Blog on the early squad update details....
    Thanks to an interview with Producer Matthew Smith on the latest FIFA 11 Podcast, we’ve been given an insight to some of the changes we can expect when the Squad update hits our consoles on the 23rd of February.

After the update the top 4 rated players: will look like this:

Messi – 90, Casillas – 89, Ronaldo – 89, Villa – 88.

Rooney and Drogba have been marginally reduced, joining many other players now rated at 87.

Other changes to the EPL, Unsurprisingly Gareth Bale has been upgraded from 81 to 83, Charlie Adam up to 78 from 74, and Andy Carroll moves from 74 to 79.

Elsewhere in Europe, Dortmund duo get big boost with Kagawa up from 75 to 78 and Gotze up from 70 to 78 and Christian Eriksen goes up from 71 to 75.

Chelsea are the top rated EPL club at 83 OVR, followed by Man Utd on 82, Arsenal and Man City on 81, and Liverpool and Spurs on 80.

Outside of the Premier League Real Madrid and Barcalona are the highest rated clubs on 83 OVR, then Inter Milan 82, Bayern Munich 81 and AC Milan 80.

Obviously these aren’t the only changes we will see in the update, but it’s nice to get a cheeky peek at what to expect.

Anyone know what the update was on the PS3 I had to do?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    You've got the controller set to the wrong setting (whichever of classic or alternate that you don't usually use).

I;ve tried all that,,i think it maybe a prob with my controller,,ive a habbit
    of throwing it on the ground when i lose online,,im hopin thats the prob?
    Cant believe it hasnt happened anyone on the boards

I;ve tried all that,,i think it maybe a prob with my controller,,ive a habbit
    of throwing it on the ground when i lose online,,im hopin thats the prob?
    Cant believe it hasnt happened anyone on the boards

I suggest throwing it onto the couch when you lose, I do this it gets the anger out but lands on a soft couch so no harm done :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

threein99 wrote: »
    I suggest throwing it onto the couch when you lose, I do this it gets the anger out but lands on a soft couch so no harm done :cool:

Did that once....it bounced into the wall :(

haha,,yeah ill bare that in mind,,,ill keep ye posted,,,have to wait
    til i have a few quid to buy a controller:(

• Advertisement

I find the ones that bounce back keep your reflexes sharp :D

Advertisement