Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Probably the worst goal that was ever scored against me, on the 90th minute and all..

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/66798853

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Probably the worst goal that was ever scored against me, on the 90th minute and all..

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/66798853

Jesus thats bad. Thats one of those things I sometimes complained about in FIFA games. It only happens occasionally but players seem to just spaz out on occasion like in that video, or even like when your player will chest a ball out of play despite it going for "your" throw.

Really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The player will go for the ball unless you tell him not to (L2 + R2). It's annoying but pretty easily avoidable.

Is anyone noticing fewer dickheads playing this game now? I've not had anyone quit on me in ages and I only come up against Madrid or Barcelona now maybe once every five games instead of three times every five games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is anyone noticing fewer dickheads playing this game now? I've not had anyone quit on me in ages and I only come up against Madrid or Barcelona now maybe once every five games instead of three times every five games.

I find a lot less people seem to quit, but nearly everyone still uses Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

No still plenty of them around. I'm sick of people celebrating and watching every replay.does my nut in especially when I go 1 up and don't celebrate and then they get an equalizer and run half the length of the pitch and watch 3 replays of their poxy goal. It's bad form not to mention bad manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone fancy a game? gamertag = keyrawn my teams benfica!

brmccfc wrote: »
    anyone fancy a game? gamertag = keyrawn my teams benfica!

PSN or Xbox? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sorry shouldve mentioned that part! xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

brmccfc wrote: »
    sorry shouldve mentioned that part! xbox!

Finally solved the sprint issue,,alas my controller was fooked,,bought a new one and destroying all around me online,,,anyone who wants to take a crack at the title add "mickyoc85" on ps3 and take the plunge:D

• Advertisement

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Finally solved the sprint issue,,alas my controller was fooked,,bought a new one and destroying all around me online,,,anyone who wants to take a crack at the title add "mickyoc85" on ps3 and take the plunge:D

Request sent. :pac:

Haha I remember my second control was fooked too and it randomly pressed the X button unawares and I remember telling my girlfriend to stop faffing around all the time on Little Big Planet and to start getting jumps right. Poor girl, it was just the controller.

AthAnRi wrote: »
    No still plenty of them around. I'm sick of people celebrating and watching every replay.does my nut in especially when I go 1 up and don't celebrate and then they get an equalizer and run half the length of the pitch and watch 3 replays of their poxy goal. It's bad form not to mention bad manners.

haha. True. I actually don't mind if it's a good goal. I had some wanker last night though watching three replays of a rubbish header from a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

AthAnRi wrote: »

This wrecks my head too, I hate when people insist on watching replays of chances too, unless its a belter of a goal push the f*cking X button :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

threein99 wrote: »
    This wrecks my head too, I hate when people insist on watching replays of chances too, unless its a belter of a goal push the f*cking X button :D

should be an option to turn replays off online tbh

Replays only take a few seconds. Why not look at them? I think they add to the experience personally and they give me a chance to have a sip of my beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Few things in the game that kinda wreck my head!!!

1. The spl split doesnt count for some reason, whoever is on top of the league before the split is the winner no matter what.

2. why in career mode when playing as a player manager no other club will offer you a player-manager role?.

3. premier league players not wanting to sign for spl clubs even if your challenging in europe.

4. the 4 minute par half minimum game time..what happened to the two minutes per half?

5. computer never gets players booked or give away free kicks

few more lil gritty things but other than that its a good game

major bill wrote: »
    5. computer never gets players booked or give away free kicks

few more lil gritty things but other than that its a good game

Sort of an extension from that...

Free kicks in the game are generally brutal. Direct free kicks are fine but indirect ones are an absolute nightmare.

9 out of 10 times I try to pass the ball from a free kick somewhere near the half way line or a little further up the field, the ball goes straight to an opposition player despite two of my players standing idle. It's a total joke that passing the ball from a free kick is so brutally difficult. It's almost a disadvantage getting a free kick due to the somewhat inevitibilty of the ball going straight back to the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gsnapp

Best college drinking game ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

who is the best 4 * club team in the game ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I updated fifa ultimate team there, and it said 2 free gold packs for existing players. Ive been a member since the first ultimate team in 09 I think, but I didn't get the free gold packs. How do I get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Replays only take a few seconds. Why not look at them? I think they add to the experience personally and they give me a chance to have a sip of my beer.

Replay of maybe your first goal or a cracking goal I can barely tolerate. But Replay of a tap in from 5cm after the ball accidently bounced to the attacker following a deflection are just plain stupid.

If you want to watch replays wait till the game is over and go to match highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Can anyone play online because I cant :(

Can anyone play online because I cant :(

Playing now, no update though.

Thats weird because it said 5pm GMT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

Thats weird because it said 5pm GMT :(

The update is not until the 23rd of Feb,5pm GMT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

The update is not until the 23rd of Feb,5pm GMT

That was 3 hours ago ???

Maybe its next year :P

The FIFA11 Roster Update which takes in each and every move from January’s spectacular transfer window is available on the PS3 and Xbox360 NOW! I’ve just downloaded it myself.

To download the latest squad file load up FIFA11 and navigate to:

My FIFA 11 > Edit Teams > Squads > Download Updates

We’re expecting the FIFA 11 PC Roster Update to happen a little later but we’ll keep you updated in this post. If you can’t download the update yet then don’t panic, it takes a while to replicate across all EA regions and servers.

Are Chelsea now an indestructible force of nature? Who’s been over-rated? Who’s been under-rated? Get in touch and let us know your thoughts on the biggest roster update in FIFA history.

From Fifa Soccer Blog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Did it a while ago myself and had a glance at a few teams.

One three-way comparison that certainly raised my eyebrows:
    Lampard 84, Gerrard 80, Wilshere 74 (or thereabouts). How in the name of jaysus is Lampard that much higher than SG?

Advertisement