Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fizman wrote: »
    Did it a while ago myself and had a glance at a few teams.

One three-way comparison that certainly raised my eyebrows:
    Lampard 84, Gerrard 80, Wilshere 74 (or thereabouts). How in the name of jaysus is Lampard that much higher than SG?

And Charlie Adam 78....

It's odd alright. All I can assume is that the important stats are right and maybe the overalls might still be incorrect...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

think gerrard is 80 because he is out of position, he is default RDM, im sure his stats increase if you move him to CAM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

It seems as if Andy Carroll is now basically a white version of Drogba in the game. Pure power and pace and is impossible to get the ball off. I love it! Chelsea are going to be ridiculous now with that strikeforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Speaking of Power.Rooney has more strength than Drogba and better passing than Ronlado :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Soby wrote: »
    Speaking of Power.Rooney has more strength than Drogba and better passing than Ronlado :pac:

That's because Ronaldo doesn't like to pass... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Dzeko is a tank up-front for Man City.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

who is the best 4 * club team in the game ?

Dont pick Shalke anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

How is Rooney faster than Chicarito :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Napoli are a great 4 star team. Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani up top. Nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So any improvements?must download later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 nearyj

Hey everyone,

Moved my xbox while the game was spinning inside and it caused the FIFA 2011 disc to scratch and become unplayable.

I was hoping to pick up a second hand copy. Will I need to buy a second EA online code or will the code from the original suffice?

Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

I like playing soccer ball on the playstation machine thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

nearyj wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Moved my xbox while the game was spinning inside and it caused the FIFA 2011 disc to scratch and become unplayable.

I was hoping to pick up a second hand copy. Will I need to buy a second EA online code or will the code from the original suffice?

Any help appreciated.

It was your gamertag that activated the online code, not the disc so you will not have to buy another one.

Do you have a decent sized hard drive? If so, go rent FIFA 11 from Xtravision or something, borrow it from a friend even, and install it on your hard drive, then you can use your disc as it will read from the hard drive if FIFA 11 is in the disc tray. No need to splash out €30 on a pre-owned FIFA 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

this quitting when your losing is really starting to annoy me. tonight in about the last 2 hours id stay about 4 people quit. there should be a rule if you press the quit game button it adds 2 goals to the final score!! that would make them think twice

tommy89 wrote: »
    this quitting when your losing is really starting to annoy me. tonight in about the last 2 hours id stay about 4 people quit. there should be a rule if you press the quit game button it adds 2 goals to the final score!! that would make them think twice

Yea agree completely...its the one thing i hate about the game and they need to do something about it for the next one,if somebody quits out on me i send them abusive messages telling them how crap they are,but i still always feel robbed :mad:

I don't care when people quit, because it still counts as a win. I think it's hilarious when I lose and someone leaves after the final whistle, not realising they have to wait until the rematch screen and I get the win...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

jimbob86 wrote: »
    Yea agree completely...its the one thing i hate about the game and they need to do something about it for the next one,if somebody quits out on me i send them abusive messages telling them how crap they are,but i still always feel robbed :mad:
    i couldnt be arsed sending a message. i just think in a game where you might be 2 or 3 down by half time you can turn it round. why quit. it takes away from the fun of the game. then i have to go of looking for another game

. then i have to go of looking for another game

That takes about twenty seconds to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Was beating a lad there earlier 7-0 after about 60 mins. Couldn't believe I got that far before he quit:p

And for the first weekend ever my connection didn't go once:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

i couldnt be arsed sending a message. i just think in a game where you might be 2 or 3 down by half time you can turn it round. why quit. it takes away from the fun of the game. then i have to go of looking for another game

for the last two weeks people keep quitting on me after the final whistle ?
    in alot of cases the score had been 2-1 to me and if they quit i get a 3-0 win so why do they do it ?
    i'd understand if i was killing them 3 or 4 nil but 2 - 1,
    i wouldnt waste my time sending messages but i would give them a bad rep for quitting early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

AnneFrank wrote: »
    for the last two weeks people keep quitting on me after the final whistle ?
    in alot of cases the score had been 2-1 to me and if they quit i get a 3-0 win so why do they do it ?
    i'd understand if i was killing them 3 or 4 nil but 2 - 1,
    i wouldnt waste my time sending messages but i would give them a bad rep for quitting early

how do you report someone for quiting? I'm on ps3

thorbarry wrote: »
    how do you report someone for quiting? I'm on ps3

You can't, I believe.

A mate of mine told me a good 1, he has a seperate account with the name "PSN Administrator-John Doyle" or something like that,so if he's playing a guy(on his normal account) and he quits out he sends him a message saying that he's gona report him for cheating.Then the next day he sends the guy a message from his "PSN Administrater-John Doyle" account saying that he has been reported for cheating and upon inspection of this claim its has been proven true,so as from such a date your account will be suspended for 6 weeks (he makes it sound more proper than i can!).

He's done it a few times and i works most times!! especially with younger lads...he's loads of replys from guy's begging him not to suspend them and telling him how sorry they are they wont do it again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Bastard squad updates have ruined the teams i like to pick, the formations and such, i can never get it done on time.

Is there a way i can set teams the way i want to and save it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nope. 'Fraid not.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Bastard squad updates have ruined the teams i like to pick, the formations and such, i can never get it done on time.

Is there a way i can set teams the way i want to and save it?

Does it not save if you edit the team and formation in settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Switched some controls back to auto so I could actually have a fair fight online, absolutely destroyed some poor guy there, ended 3-0, would have been more had it not been for a Cech masterclass. 19 shots...16 on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Does it not save if you edit the team and formation in settings?

It saves it for you so that if you play an offline game the team settings and formations are saved. But when you play online every Club has the default squad, line-up and formation so that there's as level a playing field as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Anyone else having problems connecting to EA game servers tonight? XBL.

Advertisement